USB Support

Paul Smith

USB Support
Am using release version of Vista Ultimate. It doesn't recognize my 1Gb USB
memory stick or my Belkin 7 port USB hub. Is there anything I can do to fix
this?

Thanks in advance for your help - Paul.

Richard G. Harper

Re: USB Support
Does it recognize any USB device at all?

"Paul Smith" <paul@smiffys-place.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> Am using release version of Vista Ultimate. It doesn't recognize my 1Gb
> USB memory stick or my Belkin 7 port USB hub. Is there anything I can do
> to fix this?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help - Paul.

Paul Smith

Re: USB Support
Yes, my mouse, keyboard & game controller are USB and they are working fine.
When I boot back to XP, everything USB works.

> Does it recognize any USB device at all?

> "Paul Smith" <paul@smiffys-place.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Am using release version of Vista Ultimate. It doesn't recognize my 1Gb
>> USB memory stick or my Belkin 7 port USB hub. Is there anything I can do
>> to fix this?
>>
>> Thanks in advance for your help - Paul.

=?Utf-8?B?RENFTEw=?=

Re: USB Support
Do you have an ASUS board? If so, there's an issue with some ASUS boards if
you have more then 2GB's of RAM. SOme of the USB headers on the board will
not function with VISTA. Go down to 2GBs of RAM if you've got more then that
and see if that helps. Sounds goofy yes, but it is an issue with some ASUS
boards, specifically with A8N32SLI Deluxe

"Paul Smith" wrote:

> Yes, my mouse, keyboard & game controller are USB and they are working fine.
> When I boot back to XP, everything USB works.
>

> "Richard G. Harper" <rgharper@email.com> wrote in message
> > Does it recognize any USB device at all?
> >
> > --
> > Richard G. Harper [MVP Shell/User] rgharper@gmail.com
> > * NEW! Catch my blog ... http://msmvps.com/blogs/rgharper/
> > * PLEASE post all messages and replies in the newsgroups
> > * The Website - http://rgharper.mvps.org/
> > * HELP us help YOU ... http://www.dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
> >

> > "Paul Smith" <paul@smiffys-place.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> >> Am using release version of Vista Ultimate. It doesn't recognize my 1Gb
> >> USB memory stick or my Belkin 7 port USB hub. Is there anything I can do
> >> to fix this?
> >>
> >> Thanks in advance for your help - Paul.

Colin Barnhorst

Re: USB Support
There are indeed issues in need of a future BIOS update with these boards.

"DCELL" <DCELL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news98C5BDA-85A6-46CD-8DA0-D1C2EF83D31F@microsoft.com...
> Do you have an ASUS board? If so, there's an issue with some ASUS boards
> if
> you have more then 2GB's of RAM. SOme of the USB headers on the board
> will
> not function with VISTA. Go down to 2GBs of RAM if you've got more then
> that
> and see if that helps. Sounds goofy yes, but it is an issue with some
> ASUS
> boards, specifically with A8N32SLI Deluxe

Paul Smith

Re: USB Support
"Paul Smith" <paul@smiffys-place.fsnet.co.uk> wrote in message
> Am using release version of Vista Ultimate. It doesn't recognize my 1Gb
> USB memory stick or my Belkin 7 port USB hub. Is there anything I can do
> to fix this?

One thing to try, if the machine has two seperate USB controllers like one
for USB 1 and USB 2 is try it in a different port.

It sounds, like as other posters have said a BIOS or driver issue.

--
Paul Smith,
Yeovil, UK.

*Remove nospam. to reply by e-mail*

Paul Smith

Re: USB Support
Thanks for the info. I have got an ASUS board with 3Gb RAM in place. I'll
give it a go and let you know.

"Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst@msn.com> wrote in message
> There are indeed issues in need of a future BIOS update with these boards.
>
> "DCELL" <DCELL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news98C5BDA-85A6-46CD-8DA0-D1C2EF83D31F@microsoft.com...
>> Do you have an ASUS board? If so, there's an issue with some ASUS boards
>> if
>> you have more then 2GB's of RAM. SOme of the USB headers on the board
>> will
>> not function with VISTA. Go down to 2GBs of RAM if you've got more then
>> that
>> and see if that helps. Sounds goofy yes, but it is an issue with some
>> ASUS
>> boards, specifically with A8N32SLI Deluxe

Paul Smith

Re: USB Support - THANKS, that fixed it!!!!
Thanks, reducing the RAM to 2Gb fixed the problem!!! Really appreciate the
help!!!!

"Paul Smith" <pauls@innate.co.uk> wrote in message
> Thanks for the info. I have got an ASUS board with 3Gb RAM in place. I'll
> give it a go and let you know.
>

> "Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst@msn.com> wrote in message
>> There are indeed issues in need of a future BIOS update with these
>> boards.
>>
>> "DCELL" <DCELL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news98C5BDA-85A6-46CD-8DA0-D1C2EF83D31F@microsoft.com...
>>> Do you have an ASUS board? If so, there's an issue with some ASUS
>>> boards if
>>> you have more then 2GB's of RAM. SOme of the USB headers on the board
>>> will
>>> not function with VISTA. Go down to 2GBs of RAM if you've got more then
>>> that
>>> and see if that helps. Sounds goofy yes, but it is an issue with some
>>> ASUS
>>> boards, specifically with A8N32SLI Deluxe

Colin Barnhorst

Re: USB Support - THANKS, that fixed it!!!!
You're welcome.

> Thanks, reducing the RAM to 2Gb fixed the problem!!! Really appreciate the
> help!!!!
>

> "Paul Smith" <pauls@innate.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Thanks for the info. I have got an ASUS board with 3Gb RAM in place. I'll
>> give it a go and let you know.
>>

>> "Colin Barnhorst" <colinbarharst@msn.com> wrote in message
>>> There are indeed issues in need of a future BIOS update with these
>>> boards.
>>>
>>> "DCELL" <DCELL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> news98C5BDA-85A6-46CD-8DA0-D1C2EF83D31F@microsoft.com...

=?Utf-8?B?RENFTEw=?=

Re: USB Support - THANKS, that fixed it!!!!
Glad to help..................