Bluetooth Headset Profile in Vista?

=?Utf-8?B?UG9sdGVyZ2Vlaw==?=

Bluetooth Headset Profile in Vista?
I would really like to know if anyone has successfully set up a bluetooth
headset in Vista Enterprise. I have searched seemingly everywhere, and have
not found an answer. Can anyone provide some insight as to why Microsoft
removed support for this from the Beta's to the RTM, and is there a way to
provide this functionality. I have found numerous people asking this
question, and no answers. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks,

Poltergeek

Jeff

Re: Bluetooth Headset Profile in Vista?
Hi,
That's the last key I'm waiting for too!
I have a Dell e1505 with the Dell 350 BT card, and all the stuff installs,
EXCEPT the most important part, my Bluetooth headphones!!!
Don't care about any of that other crap,(PAN,BT printers etc.)
I want my headphones back!!!
I researched it quite extensively and, from Dell , it's a Toshiba Bluetooth
stack, which in the install has Cambridge Silicon Radio stuff, to make my
stereo headphones work. At this point, I can't get it to work yet, and am
waiting on Toshiba and CSR to get onboard with Vista compatibility.

Jeff

"Poltergeek" <Poltergeek@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I would really like to know if anyone has successfully set up a bluetooth
> headset in Vista Enterprise. I have searched seemingly everywhere, and
> have
> not found an answer. Can anyone provide some insight as to why Microsoft
> removed support for this from the Beta's to the RTM, and is there a way to
> provide this functionality. I have found numerous people asking this
> question, and no answers. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks,
>
> Poltergeek

=?Utf-8?B?aGJlYXJkYXZl?=

Re: Bluetooth Headset Profile in Vista?
Same problem here.

My Bluetooth cellphone works fine for connecting via DUN to Verizon
Broadband out on the road.

However, my Motorola H700 bluetooth headset doesn't work as input/output
device (for Voip calls, etc).
It goes through the pairing process just fine, and shows "Headset" and
"Handsfree telephony" but it complains that it needs some additional
software...and shows up with the yellow ! in Device Manager
Usine Dell 350 Bluetooth device in Insprion E1750.