which 24 monitor?

bitla50

which 24 monitor?
I´d like to hear comments on the following 24 inch monitors:
1. Eizo S2411W
2. Samsung 244T
3. Benq fp241w
4. NEC?
5. LaCie?
Could you tell me which monitor you prefer and why? Users? Thank you very
much!
Drew

Re: which 24 monitor?
I see that the Dell 2407WFP 24" monitor is not on the list...I take it you
don't want a VERY highly ranked monitor...Or are you just comparing monitors
for no special reason ??
"bitla50" <bitla50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I´d like to hear comments on the following 24 inch monitors:
> 1. Eizo S2411W
> 2. Samsung 244T
> 3. Benq fp241w
> 4. NEC?
> 5. LaCie?
> Could you tell me which monitor you prefer and why? Users? Thank you very
> much!

Richard G. Harper

Re: which 24 monitor?
What are your criteria? Price? Performance? Color balance? Brightness?
User friendliness?

This is pretty much an unanswerable question.

"bitla50" <bitla50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Id like to hear comments on the following 24 inch monitors:
> 1. Eizo S2411W
> 2. Samsung 244T
> 3. Benq fp241w
> 4. NEC?
> 5. LaCie?
> Could you tell me which monitor you prefer and why? Users? Thank you very
> much!

Dustin Harper

Re: which 24 monitor?
I was wondering why it wasn't on the list, either. Recommended highly!

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

--
"Drew" <sheba3169@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>I see that the Dell 2407WFP 24" monitor is not on the list...I take it you
>don't want a VERY highly ranked monitor...Or are you just comparing
>monitors for no special reason ??
> "bitla50" <bitla50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> I´d like to hear comments on the following 24 inch monitors:
>> 1. Eizo S2411W
>> 2. Samsung 244T
>> 3. Benq fp241w
>> 4. NEC?
>> 5. LaCie?
>> Could you tell me which monitor you prefer and why? Users? Thank you very
>> much!

BigJim

Re: which 24 monitor?
I like them all
"bitla50" <bitla50@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Id like to hear comments on the following 24 inch monitors:
> 1. Eizo S2411W
> 2. Samsung 244T
> 3. Benq fp241w
> 4. NEC?
> 5. LaCie?
> Could you tell me which monitor you prefer and why? Users? Thank you very
> much!

bitla50

RE: which 24 monitor?
I was looking for user comments in fact. What one likes about a display and
what one does not like. Si I cna male a better choice. I am looking for a
great quality big screen for photo work mainly. The 24 for having all
palettes and stuff around the picture and nevertheless have a big picture.
No Dell. After a very bad experience some time ago, plus a very bad
experience by a colleague, Dell does not come in the picture anymore. Dell is
definitively out.

"bitla50" wrote:

> I´d like to hear comments on the following 24 inch monitors:
> 1. Eizo S2411W
> 2. Samsung 244T
> 3. Benq fp241w
> 4. NEC?
> 5. LaCie?
> Could you tell me which monitor you prefer and why? Users? Thank you very
> much!

phypps

which 24 monitor?
Which is a shame.
After much agonising between the Samsung 244T and the Dell 2407WFP I finally
went with the Dell.
I have absolutely no regrets.
Most of the negative comments you will see are from earlier revisions.
This monitor is now a year old and presumably all problems have been ironed
out.
Its at a decent price point now as well.
I need mine for Photoshop, Gamimg, and Multimedia.
(seperate screen modes for each)
It looks gorgeous and performs well for me.
Clarity is excellent and I have no problems with the colour.
Of course we all have different needs, tolerances, (and eyesight !) but I
think you're making a mistake by dismissing the Dell so lightly.
You may well end up going with one of the others but the Dell is worth
another look.

Phypps

>I was looking for user comments in fact. What one likes about a display
>and
> what one does not like. Si I cna male a better choice. I am looking for a
> great quality big screen for photo work mainly. The 24 for having all
> palettes and stuff around the picture and nevertheless have a big picture.
> No Dell. After a very bad experience some time ago, plus a very bad
> experience by a colleague, Dell does not come in the picture anymore. Dell
> is
> definitively out.
>
> "bitla50" wrote:
>
>> Id like to hear comments on the following 24 inch monitors:
>> 1. Eizo S2411W
>> 2. Samsung 244T
>> 3. Benq fp241w
>> 4. NEC?
>> 5. LaCie?
>> Could you tell me which monitor you prefer and why? Users? Thank you very
>> much!

bitla50

RE: which 24 monitor?
Phypps, that is as may be, but at the time I could not even get my order
through correctly, could not reach anybody either on the phone or by email.
When it all went wrong, they never notified me, kept me waining for my ew PC
for three weeks, then it took me another three weeks tro reach somebody (by
simulating a new order), etc. etc. A colleague had bought an extra guarantee
and they refused to apply it when her PC broke down. They simply denied that
she had it. I t took her an very angry letter to the head to get what she
was entitled to. And she was a lawyer, too! No, Dell Germany is a disaster to
deal with, so no Dell for me.