Mouse Settings

Bad Pom

Mouse Settings
I changed the speed of my mouse but every time I shut down and log back on it
resets to the factory slow speed. Does anyone know how to stop this? Thanks
rrollins

RE: Mouse Settings
Same thing happens for me. Whats the fix here. Why does Reboot clear out MY
settings?

"Bad Pom" wrote:

> I changed the speed of my mouse but every time I shut down and log back on it
> resets to the factory slow speed. Does anyone know how to stop this? Thanks

Pgelabert

RE: Mouse Settings
Yes, my mouse settings are not sticking. very annoying! Any fixes on that
people? Thanks!

"rrollins" wrote:

> Same thing happens for me. Whats the fix here. Why does Reboot clear out MY
> settings?
>
> "Bad Pom" wrote:
>
> > I changed the speed of my mouse but every time I shut down and log back on it
> > resets to the factory slow speed. Does anyone know how to stop this? Thanks

Cal Bear '66

Re: Mouse Settings
Being as how my ESP powers are nil.

What mouse? What driver version?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"Pgelabert" <Pgelabert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yes, my mouse settings are not sticking. very annoying! Any fixes on that
> people? Thanks!
>
> "rrollins" wrote:
>
>> Same thing happens for me. Whats the fix here. Why does Reboot clear out MY
>> settings?
>>
>> "Bad Pom" wrote:
>>
>> > I changed the speed of my mouse but every time I shut down and log back on
>> > it
>> > resets to the factory slow speed. Does anyone know how to stop this? Thanks

Pgelabert

Re: Mouse Settings
Well, being that it doesn't seem to be a particular mouse problem (reading
through the Vista forums I can see many are having this problem, some with
Intellipoint Mice, some with Logitech, and some with all other kinds) I
thought it was something to do with the native Vista drivers for mice in
general. I have an older mouse, a logitech that used to run under mouseware
(not Vista compatible). the mouse works just fine without installing any
other driver, but the settings for the speed don't stick. I tried installing
the new setpoint for logitech but it is not backward compatible for legacy
devices just yet, as they indicate on their website.

Any help? Thanks again!

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Being as how my ESP powers are nil.
>
> What mouse? What driver version?
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Pgelabert" <Pgelabert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Yes, my mouse settings are not sticking. very annoying! Any fixes on that
> > people? Thanks!
> >
> > "rrollins" wrote:
> >
> >> Same thing happens for me. Whats the fix here. Why does Reboot clear out MY
> >> settings?

Cal Bear '66

Re: Mouse Settings
Perhaps a new mouse with Vista specific drivers is in order.

I have a USB Microsoft optical mouse and it is working very will with all custom
setting remembered.

--

> Well, being that it doesn't seem to be a particular mouse problem (reading
> through the Vista forums I can see many are having this problem, some with
> Intellipoint Mice, some with Logitech, and some with all other kinds) I
> thought it was something to do with the native Vista drivers for mice in
> general. I have an older mouse, a logitech that used to run under mouseware
> (not Vista compatible). the mouse works just fine without installing any
> other driver, but the settings for the speed don't stick. I tried installing
> the new setpoint for logitech but it is not backward compatible for legacy
> devices just yet, as they indicate on their website.
>
> Any help? Thanks again!
>
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> Being as how my ESP powers are nil.
>>
>> What mouse? What driver version?
>>
>> --
>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "Pgelabert" <Pgelabert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Yes, my mouse settings are not sticking. very annoying! Any fixes on that
>> > people? Thanks!

Daniel

Re: Mouse Settings
What you say is logical but it is a lot of money to spend to find it still
does not fix the problem.

Does anyone know what the cause of the problem is and
had anyone found that using one with a specific Vista driver fixed the
problem.

regards

Daniel

"Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
> Perhaps a new mouse with Vista specific drivers is in order.
>
> I have a USB Microsoft optical mouse and it is working very will with all
> custom setting remembered.
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "Pgelabert" <Pgelabert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Well, being that it doesn't seem to be a particular mouse problem
>> (reading
>> through the Vista forums I can see many are having this problem, some
>> with
>> Intellipoint Mice, some with Logitech, and some with all other kinds) I
>> thought it was something to do with the native Vista drivers for mice in
>> general. I have an older mouse, a logitech that used to run under
>> mouseware
>> (not Vista compatible). the mouse works just fine without installing any
>> other driver, but the settings for the speed don't stick. I tried
>> installing
>> the new setpoint for logitech but it is not backward compatible for
>> legacy
>> devices just yet, as they indicate on their website.
>>
>> Any help? Thanks again!
>>
>> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>>
>>> Being as how my ESP powers are nil.
>>>
>>> What mouse? What driver version?
>>>
>>> --
>>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>>> GO BEARS!

Corrvan

Re: Mouse Settings
I'm having this problem also. Very annoying having to speed up the mouse
every reboot. Using Logitech MX510 optical mouse. I'd love to buy a new
mouse, but newer mice have less side buttons and i really love my side
buttons =) heh.

Interesting though, this problem only happened after installing logitech's
driver, then uninstalling it after finding it screwed up my button settings.

After uninstalling logitechs driver and installing the windows native one,
it resets on reboot.

"Daniel" wrote:

> What you say is logical but it is a lot of money to spend to find it still
> does not fix the problem.
>
> Does anyone know what the cause of the problem is and
> had anyone found that using one with a specific Vista driver fixed the
> problem.
>
> regards
>
> Daniel
>

> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
> > Perhaps a new mouse with Vista specific drivers is in order.
> >
> > I have a USB Microsoft optical mouse and it is working very will with all
> > custom setting remembered.
> >
> > --
> > I Bleed Blue and Gold
> > GO BEARS!
> >

> > "Pgelabert" <Pgelabert@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Well, being that it doesn't seem to be a particular mouse problem
> >> (reading
> >> through the Vista forums I can see many are having this problem, some
> >> with
> >> Intellipoint Mice, some with Logitech, and some with all other kinds) I
> >> thought it was something to do with the native Vista drivers for mice in
> >> general. I have an older mouse, a logitech that used to run under
> >> mouseware
> >> (not Vista compatible). the mouse works just fine without installing any
> >> other driver, but the settings for the speed don't stick. I tried
> >> installing
> >> the new setpoint for logitech but it is not backward compatible for
> >> legacy
> >> devices just yet, as they indicate on their website.
> >>
> >> Any help? Thanks again!

Spirit

Re: Mouse Settings
I have read the Logitech's have trouble with Vista,,,, look for
updated drivers and rodent utilities.

"Corrvan" <Corrvan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having this problem also. Very annoying having to speed up the mouse
> every reboot. Using Logitech MX510 optical mouse. I'd love to buy a new
> mouse, but newer mice have less side buttons and i really love my side
> buttons =) heh.
>
> Interesting though, this problem only happened after installing logitech's
> driver, then uninstalling it after finding it screwed up my button
> settings.
>
> After uninstalling logitechs driver and installing the windows native one,
> it resets on reboot.
>

> "Daniel" wrote:
>
>> What you say is logical but it is a lot of money to spend to find it
>> still
>> does not fix the problem.
>>
>> Does anyone know what the cause of the problem is and
>> had anyone found that using one with a specific Vista driver fixed the
>> problem.
>>
>> regards
>>
>> Daniel
>>

>> "Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
>> > Perhaps a new mouse with Vista specific drivers is in order.
>> >
>> > I have a USB Microsoft optical mouse and it is working very will with
>> > all
>> > custom setting remembered.
>> >
>> > --
>> > I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> > GO BEARS!

Corrvan

Re: Mouse Settings
logitech's website now says "we do not support windows vista, use the native
driver".
err.. rodent utility? haha, i imagine that means some kind of mouse
software.. but uhh.. elaborate please? =)