Vista Not responds when netwurk unplugged

shadowcodes

Vista Not responds when netwurk unplugged
hello friends,

recently i found that my pc doest respond when network cable is
unplugged..please some1 help me in this regard.
Richard Urban

Re: Vista Not responds when netwurk unplugged
A home system? If you have any network drives mapped, un-map the drives.
With the network cable unplugged your system may be constantly trying to
find and identify them.

If it is a work computer, ask you company IT guy.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

"shadowcodes" <shadowcodes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news5758C3A-770B-41BE-832E-7FD06347FCBE@microsoft.com...
> hello friends,
>
> recently i found that my pc doest respond when network cable is
> unplugged..please some1 help me in this regard.

shadowcodes

Re: Vista Not responds when netwurk unplugged
no its a home pc..and i dont have any network drives mapped..any solutions?

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> A home system? If you have any network drives mapped, un-map the drives.
> With the network cable unplugged your system may be constantly trying to
> find and identify them.
>
> If it is a work computer, ask you company IT guy.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>

> "shadowcodes" <shadowcodes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news5758C3A-770B-41BE-832E-7FD06347FCBE@microsoft.com...
> > hello friends,
> >
> > recently i found that my pc doest respond when network cable is
> > unplugged..please some1 help me in this regard.

Richard Urban

Re: Vista Not responds when netwurk unplugged
Perhaps a better description of not responding is in order. What are you
doing and what is not responding?

--

> no its a home pc..and i dont have any network drives mapped..any
> solutions?
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
>> A home system? If you have any network drives mapped, un-map the drives.
>> With the network cable unplugged your system may be constantly trying to
>> find and identify them.
>>
>> If it is a work computer, ask you company IT guy.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>

>> "shadowcodes" <shadowcodes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news5758C3A-770B-41BE-832E-7FD06347FCBE@microsoft.com...
>> > hello friends,
>> >
>> > recently i found that my pc doest respond when network cable is
>> > unplugged..please some1 help me in this regard.

shadowcodes

Re: Vista Not responds when netwurk unplugged
well if i do one of the following the pc stops responding
1.switch of the router
2.unplug network cable from pc
3.try to desable the network connection.

all these makes my pc not respond..and all i can do is restart the
pc..only..

"Richard Urban" wrote:

> Perhaps a better description of not responding is in order. What are you
> doing and what is not responding?
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>

> "shadowcodes" <shadowcodes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > no its a home pc..and i dont have any network drives mapped..any
> > solutions?
> >
> > "Richard Urban" wrote:
> >
> >> A home system? If you have any network drives mapped, un-map the drives.
> >> With the network cable unplugged your system may be constantly trying to
> >> find and identify them.
> >>
> >> If it is a work computer, ask you company IT guy.
> >>
> >> --
> >>

> >> Regards,
> >>
> >> Richard Urban
> >> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
> >> (For email, remove the obvious from my address)
> >>

> >> "shadowcodes" <shadowcodes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news5758C3A-770B-41BE-832E-7FD06347FCBE@microsoft.com...

Richard Urban

Re: Vista Not responds when netwurk unplugged
I haven't seen anything like this yet. Maybe others will be able to assist
now that they know a bit more about the problem.

--

> well if i do one of the following the pc stops responding
> 1.switch of the router
> 2.unplug network cable from pc
> 3.try to desable the network connection.
>
> all these makes my pc not respond..and all i can do is restart the
> pc..only..
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
>> Perhaps a better description of not responding is in order. What are you
>> doing and what is not responding?
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>

>> "shadowcodes" <shadowcodes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > no its a home pc..and i dont have any network drives mapped..any
>> > solutions?

JW

Re: Vista Not responds when netwurk unplugged
In some configurations the OS will wait for about a minute or more when it
boots to connect to a configured network that is not connected before
completing the boot.
"shadowcodes" <shadowcodes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> well if i do one of the following the pc stops responding
> 1.switch of the router
> 2.unplug network cable from pc
> 3.try to desable the network connection.
>
> all these makes my pc not respond..and all i can do is restart the
> pc..only..
>
> "Richard Urban" wrote:
>
>> Perhaps a better description of not responding is in order. What are you
>> doing and what is not responding?
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>

>> "shadowcodes" <shadowcodes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > no its a home pc..and i dont have any network drives mapped..any
>> > solutions?

Andrew McNab

Re: Vista Not responds when netwurk unplugged
Most Likely a 3rd party process or application that requires a "permanent"
network connection running on your machine. In that event, the
process/application is not using shipped system libraries and is causing
system processes to halt because it is hogging the network abstract layer in
an attempt to re-establish a network socket. If all of your avaliable network
devices are un-plugged or disabled, software cannot create network sockets.
Programs written using Microsoft tools and libraries deal with it or cause
the software to crash where as 3rd party methods result in system instability.