usb memory

xCal

usb memory
Hi group,

i understand that in order to use ReadyBoost, you have to use the rapid part
of usb memory.
then, how to recognize if a usb have a quick part?, slow part?
thanks very much in advance, Carlos.

Dustin Harper

Re: usb memory
Don't listen to manufacturers claims. Read reviews of the product. There are
ways to force USB drives to use ReadyBoost, but if it's not fast enough, it
could actually make your PC slower.

Best way to find out is to read reviews of the product and pick the fastest
one you can. Be an educated consumer.

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

--
"xCal" <one@two.com> wrote in message
> Hi group,
>
> i understand that in order to use ReadyBoost, you have to use the rapid
> part of usb memory.
> then, how to recognize if a usb have a quick part?, slow part?
> thanks very much in advance, Carlos.

xCal

Re: usb memory
i have no experience at all on "find out is to read reviews of the product
", could you recommend some page?,
i ask this because i were looking for this on google perhaps wrongly, but i
dindnt find anything good for my ask.

well, i asked only how to find/identify slow/rapid parts of usb memories,
wich is very simple question,
i quoted "readyboost" only as a reference, but i have to say now that i dont
want to discuss it. Carlos.

"Dustin Harper" <dharper@vistarip.com> escribió en el mensaje
news87BF782-E926-4BB3-97E9-97172D859993@microsoft.com...
> Don't listen to manufacturers claims. Read reviews of the product. There
> are ways to force USB drives to use ReadyBoost, but if it's not fast
> enough, it could actually make your PC slower.
>
> Best way to find out is to read reviews of the product and pick the
> fastest one you can. Be an educated consumer.
>
> --
> Dustin Harper
> dharper@vistarip.com
> http://www.vistarip.com
>
> --
> "xCal" <one@two.com> wrote in message
>> Hi group,
>>
>> i understand that in order to use ReadyBoost, you have to use the rapid
>> part of usb memory.
>> then, how to recognize if a usb have a quick part?, slow part?
>> thanks very much in advance, Carlos.

Dustin Harper

Re: usb memory
Here are some reviews and tests of some good ones.
http://www.hothardware.com/articles/...ngston/?page=7

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

--
>i have no experience at all on "find out is to read reviews of the product
>", could you recommend some page?,
> i ask this because i were looking for this on google perhaps wrongly, but
> i dindnt find anything good for my ask.
>
> well, i asked only how to find/identify slow/rapid parts of usb memories,
> wich is very simple question,
> i quoted "readyboost" only as a reference, but i have to say now that i
> dont want to discuss it. Carlos.
>

> "Dustin Harper" <dharper@vistarip.com> escribió en el mensaje
> news87BF782-E926-4BB3-97E9-97172D859993@microsoft.com...
>> Don't listen to manufacturers claims. Read reviews of the product. There
>> are ways to force USB drives to use ReadyBoost, but if it's not fast
>> enough, it could actually make your PC slower.
>>
>> Best way to find out is to read reviews of the product and pick the
>> fastest one you can. Be an educated consumer.
>>
>> --
>> Dustin Harper
>> dharper@vistarip.com
>> http://www.vistarip.com
>>
>> --
>> "xCal" <one@two.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi group,
>>>
>>> i understand that in order to use ReadyBoost, you have to use the rapid
>>> part of usb memory.
>>> then, how to recognize if a usb have a quick part?, slow part?
>>> thanks very much in advance, Carlos.

xCal

Re: usb memory
thanks for the info, Dustin.