Resolution,icon size,wallpaper and display altered by itself

knightaxe

Resolution,icon size,wallpaper and display altered by itself
Recently turned on the laptop and the icon size,wallpaper size,text
size/clarity and resolution have all become larger somehow (possibly after a
windows update). Have tried adjusting the dpi,resolution,appearance,refresh
rate, intel graphics card options, and the instructions given in the help
menu but still can't get back to my original settings which is causing a lot
of eye strain.Am running a Mobile Intel(R) 945GM/GU Express Chipset Family
and a Intel core2duo T 5200 with Windows Vista home premium.If anyone can
suggest anything different i'd appreciate it....thanx in advance!
Don

Re: Resolution,icon size,wallpaper and display altered by itself
knightaxe wrote:
> Recently turned on the laptop and the icon size,wallpaper size,text
> size/clarity and resolution have all become larger somehow (possibly after a
> windows update). Have tried adjusting the dpi,resolution,appearance,refresh
> rate, intel graphics card options, and the instructions given in the help
> menu but still can't get back to my original settings which is causing a lot
> of eye strain.Am running a Mobile Intel(R) 945GM/GU Express Chipset Family
> and a Intel core2duo T 5200 with Windows Vista home premium.If anyone can
> suggest anything different i'd appreciate it....thanx in advance!

Only a wild guess: try opening Device Manager and check to see if the
driver for your graphics card has a 'prior version'. Windows update
apparently likes to install older/incorrect drivers if given the chance.

knightaxe

Re: Resolution,icon size,wallpaper and display altered by itself
Thank u for the reply and yes there is an older version but i'm running the
latest version which i downloaded again from Intel's site and re installed
hoping it would work.............