Vista and Mouse.

boborafter

Vista and Mouse.
I have Vista Home Premium which came installed in a new computer. It was
purchased several months ago. Two days ago, the mouse became stuck in the
center of the screen and will not move. I have rebooted several times, to no
avail.
Can any of you help?
Many thanks.
Dave

Re: Vista and Mouse.
Is it plugged in?
If it's USB, did you plug it into another port?
Do you have another one to try?

"boborafter" <boborafter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Vista Home Premium which came installed in a new computer. It was
> purchased several months ago. Two days ago, the mouse became stuck in the
> center of the screen and will not move. I have rebooted several times, to
> no
> avail.
> Can any of you help?
> Many thanks.

Malke

Re: Vista and Mouse.
boborafter wrote:
> I have Vista Home Premium which came installed in a new computer. It was
> purchased several months ago. Two days ago, the mouse became stuck in the
> center of the screen and will not move. I have rebooted several times, to no
> avail.
> Can any of you help?
> Many thanks.

Can you get into Safe Mode? Tap the F8 key repeatedly as the computer is
starting up and use the arrow key to select Safe Mode. Post back with
the results.

Also if you can, please answer The First Question Of Troubleshooting:
what changed between the time things worked and the time they didn't?

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Mac

Re: Vista and Mouse.
Probably a defective mouse - get a replacement.

"Dave" <dave@beepbeep.com> wrote in message
> Is it plugged in?
> If it's USB, did you plug it into another port?
> Do you have another one to try?
>

> "boborafter" <boborafter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>I have Vista Home Premium which came installed in a new computer. It was
>> purchased several months ago. Two days ago, the mouse became stuck in the
>> center of the screen and will not move. I have rebooted several times,
>> to no
>> avail.
>> Can any of you help?
>> Many thanks.

boborafter

Re: Vista and Mouse.
Dave
Thanks for the reply.
It is plugged in.
It is not USB.
I do have another to try, both wired and wireless.
I will try that this evening.

"Dave" wrote:

> Is it plugged in?
> If it's USB, did you plug it into another port?
> Do you have another one to try?
>

> "boborafter" <boborafter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have Vista Home Premium which came installed in a new computer. It was
> > purchased several months ago. Two days ago, the mouse became stuck in the
> > center of the screen and will not move. I have rebooted several times, to
> > no
> > avail.
> > Can any of you help?
> > Many thanks.

GWL

RE: Vista and Mouse.
My mouse does the same thing when I use a PS/2 mouse and a USB Keyboard. Have
not tracked down why yet. All is well if both are USB.

"boborafter" wrote:

> I have Vista Home Premium which came installed in a new computer. It was
> purchased several months ago. Two days ago, the mouse became stuck in the
> center of the screen and will not move. I have rebooted several times, to no
> avail.
> Can any of you help?
> Many thanks.

boborafter

Re: Vista and Mouse.
Malke:
I tried last night to boot in safe mode with no luck. I may have tapped f8
too late and will try again. I have tried to think of what may triggered the
event and have no solution.
Thanks very much for your suggestions. I will let you know what I discover,
if anything.

"Malke" wrote:

> boborafter wrote:
> > I have Vista Home Premium which came installed in a new computer. It was
> > purchased several months ago. Two days ago, the mouse became stuck in the
> > center of the screen and will not move. I have rebooted several times, to no
> > avail.
> > Can any of you help?
> > Many thanks.

> Can you get into Safe Mode? Tap the F8 key repeatedly as the computer is
> starting up and use the arrow key to select Safe Mode. Post back with
> the results.
>
> Also if you can, please answer The First Question Of Troubleshooting:
> what changed between the time things worked and the time they didn't?
>

> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User

Xenomorph

Re: Vista and Mouse.
a mouse pointer in the center of the screen indicates that Windows does NOT
detect a mouse.

try unplugging and re-plugging it in
OR
try a different mouse

"boborafter" <boborafter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have Vista Home Premium which came installed in a new computer. It was
> purchased several months ago. Two days ago, the mouse became stuck in the
> center of the screen and will not move. I have rebooted several times, to
> no
> avail.
> Can any of you help?
> Many thanks.

boborafter

Re: Vista and Mouse.
Just a follow-up. It was plugged in. I shut down the computer. Grumbled at
it. Restarted it the next morning.
It was fine.
I have no idea, but thanks for your response.