Ultima Electronics Corp Flat bed scanner Artec

Muddled

Ultima Electronics Corp Flat bed scanner Artec
I cannot get my Artec flat bed scanner to work since I changed my computer.
Where might I find a driver for Vista premium please. Not technically minded
so simple answers step by step appreciated. Help.
Tim

Re: Ultima Electronics Corp Flat bed scanner Artec
I would first start with Artec's web site. Mind you that they may not
support Vista. The simple answer just might be that you have to buy a new
scanner.

Here is the link to their scanner drivers:
http://www.artec.com.tw/Service_e/nl...ld_drivers.htm

A quick look did not reveal Vista drivers but you might luck out by using an
XP driver. Did you check to see if your particular scanner (you didn't
mention the model number) is on Microsoft's supported list?

Tim

"Muddled" <Muddled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news7B5405C-4ACD-4D10-8A23-16ABD89E1446@microsoft.com...
>I cannot get my Artec flat bed scanner to work since I changed my computer.
> Where might I find a driver for Vista premium please. Not technically
> minded
> so simple answers step by step appreciated. Help.

Jupiter Jones [MVP]

Re: Ultima Electronics Corp Flat bed scanner Artec
Check the manufacturers website for Windows Vista drivers.
If Windows Vista does not have drivers and the scanner manufacturer
chooses not to support your scanner in Windows Vista, you may need to
get another scanner.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar

"Muddled" <Muddled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news7B5405C-4ACD-4D10-8A23-16ABD89E1446@microsoft.com...
>I cannot get my Artec flat bed scanner to work since I changed my
>computer.
> Where might I find a driver for Vista premium please. Not
> technically minded
> so simple answers step by step appreciated. Help.

Muddled

Re: Ultima Electronics Corp Flat bed scanner Artec
Thanks Tim I think it's an e+ 48U does that make sense?

"Tim" wrote:

> I would first start with Artec's web site. Mind you that they may not
> support Vista. The simple answer just might be that you have to buy a new
> scanner.
>
> Here is the link to their scanner drivers:
> http://www.artec.com.tw/Service_e/nl...ld_drivers.htm
>
> A quick look did not reveal Vista drivers but you might luck out by using an
> XP driver. Did you check to see if your particular scanner (you didn't
> mention the model number) is on Microsoft's supported list?
>
> Tim
>
> "Muddled" <Muddled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news7B5405C-4ACD-4D10-8A23-16ABD89E1446@microsoft.com...
> >I cannot get my Artec flat bed scanner to work since I changed my computer.
> > Where might I find a driver for Vista premium please. Not technically
> > minded
> > so simple answers step by step appreciated. Help.

Muddled

Re: Ultima Electronics Corp Flat bed scanner Artec

Thank you Ti trying to down load it now.
Tim

Re: Ultima Electronics Corp Flat bed scanner Artec
Yes, your scanner is listed on that link I posted. But there isn't a Vista
driver offered. You can download the XP driver and try it but don't be
surprised if it doesn't work. It wasn't a good sign that all of their
scanner drivers are listed under "Old drivers". It almost looks like they
got out of the scanner business (I know nothing about Artec scanners).
Again, be prepared to replace your scanner with a new one (and make sure it
is fully supported by Vista before you buy it).

news2FB150D-4CDD-4E83-AE1D-A0111E90409F@microsoft.com...
> Thanks Tim I think it's an e+ 48U does that make sense?
>
> "Tim" wrote:
>
>> I would first start with Artec's web site. Mind you that they may not
>> support Vista. The simple answer just might be that you have to buy a new
>> scanner.
>>
>> Here is the link to their scanner drivers:
>> http://www.artec.com.tw/Service_e/nl...ld_drivers.htm
>>
>> A quick look did not reveal Vista drivers but you might luck out by using
>> an
>> XP driver. Did you check to see if your particular scanner (you didn't
>> mention the model number) is on Microsoft's supported list?
>>
>> Tim
>>
>> "Muddled" <Muddled@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news7B5405C-4ACD-4D10-8A23-16ABD89E1446@microsoft.com...
>> >I cannot get my Artec flat bed scanner to work since I changed my
>> >computer.
>> > Where might I find a driver for Vista premium please. Not technically
>> > minded
>> > so simple answers step by step appreciated. Help.

huwyngr

Re: Ultima Electronics Corp Flat bed scanner Artec
See if when you download it it says anything about TWAIN either in the
Readme or on the website. If it does, VISTA does not recognize scanners
using TWAIN to talk to the computer so the scanner will not show up in
FAX & SCAN if your version of VISTA has that feature. From what I can
see it is likely that your scanner does use TWAIN since they explain
what it is.

What I found with my old HP SJ5P scanner is that if I installed the HP
Deskscan 2.9 scanning Utility (for HP's older scanners) then the
scanner was recognized by the utility and could be run from that
application.

I was also a little surprised that it also appeared in MS WORD and in
Irfanview graphics utility with a Scan to menu entry!

So look for imaging software (ScanPanel?) that may have come with your
scanner and try installing that using Compatibility mode and Run as
Administrator -- you can do that by selecting the file that starts the
installation of the software by right mouse clicking on it and
selecting the Compatibility TAB where you can select, for example, XP
with SP2 for VISTA to pretend to be and check the box at the bottom for
Run as Administrator.

How is the scanner connected to the PC? If it's USB follow the makers
instructions which may say to only connect the cable to the PC after
the software is installed; or it may say do it first -- look for this
since it can make a difference.

Good luck