Connecting to TPM Device

Don

Connecting to TPM Device
I am running a 32 bit Vista Business OS on a T60 Lenovo laptop. At startup I
get the message as follows:

There was a problem connecting to the TPM (security device) on this
computer. It is possible that anti-virus or firewall software is blocking
the connection. A missing or disabled device driver could also cause this
problem. See the online documentation for more information.

Any help on how to handle this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Don
--
Don
Larry Maturo

Re: Connecting to TPM Device
Hi Don,

TPM is a security device that requires you to put a card or something
similar into the computer to use it. Do you have something like this?
If so, make sure you have the card inserted first before starting it.
You can also check the device manager to see if there is a driver
problem with it.

-- Larry Maturo

"Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am running a 32 bit Vista Business OS on a T60 Lenovo laptop. At startup
> get the message as follows:
>
> There was a problem connecting to the TPM (security device) on this
> computer. It is possible that anti-virus or firewall software is blocking
> the connection. A missing or disabled device driver could also cause this
> problem. See the online documentation for more information.
>
> Any help on how to handle this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Don
> --
> Don

Don

Re: Connecting to TPM Device
Thanks for your comments. The driver is working fine and I am trying to
verify that a chip is actually in there. I am not sure how to make that
determination so it will take a while for me to sort that out. Any more
thoughts or comments are, of course, welcome. Thanks.
--
Don

"Larry Maturo" wrote:

> Hi Don,
>
> TPM is a security device that requires you to put a card or something
> similar into the computer to use it. Do you have something like this?
> If so, make sure you have the card inserted first before starting it.
> You can also check the device manager to see if there is a driver
> problem with it.
>
> -- Larry Maturo
>
> "Don" <Don@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am running a 32 bit Vista Business OS on a T60 Lenovo laptop. At startup
> > get the message as follows:
> >
> > There was a problem connecting to the TPM (security device) on this
> > computer. It is possible that anti-virus or firewall software is blocking
> > the connection. A missing or disabled device driver could also cause this
> > problem. See the online documentation for more information.
> >
> > Any help on how to handle this will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Don
> > --
> > Don

Paul Shapiro

Re: Connecting to TPM Device
If you go to Lenovo's support website they might have a utility to give you
the machine config. I only have an older TP but there used to be a device
configuration utility installed by ibm.