Microsoft mouse drivers cause problems scrolling in some applicati

sebbelcher

Microsoft mouse drivers cause problems scrolling in some applicati
Hi,

I have seen many people complain about this problem, both in this forum and
other third party forums but nothing seems to be getting done about it.
There are driver problems which are causing scrolling not to function
correctly in certain applications using Microsoft mouse products with the
Intellipoint driver software under Vista. All such applications (in my
personal experience) worked correctly under Windows XP with the exact same
hardware.

The primary symptom is faults with upward scrolling, in some applications
(e.g. Google Earth) upward scrolling is not recognised at all and the
application scrolls down (which is Zoom In) no matter which way the wheel is
turned. In other applications (e.g. Opera Web Browser) upward scrolling is
also mis-interpreted, scrolling up in these applications cause the page to
jump up an huge chunk on the first move of the wheel, then start scrolling
down again (even though the wheel is still being pushed up).

This is my list of problem and problem free applications so far:

Upward scrolling does NOT work:
Google Earth
Opera Web Browser
Itunes
FarCry

Scrolling does work:
Windows Explorer
Internet Explorer
MS Office 2003 products
Mozilla Firefox
Mozilla Thunderbird
MSN Messenger

Please hurry up and get this fixed MS! It's extremely frustrating.
Seb.
Charles W Davis

Re: Microsoft mouse drivers cause problems scrolling in some applicati
I too have experienced some of the problems that you face, others don't seem
to be a problem (see below). I use the Microsoft Trackball Explorer 1.0.

Even with all of your comments, Microsoft employees don't generally hang out
on these newsgroups. The newsgroups are peer to peer discussions where users
help users. So your plea to "hurry up" will probably be unheard in Redmond.

"sebbelcher" <sebbelcher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have seen many people complain about this problem, both in this forum
> and
> other third party forums but nothing seems to be getting done about it.
> There are driver problems which are causing scrolling not to function
> correctly in certain applications using Microsoft mouse products with the
> Intellipoint driver software under Vista. All such applications (in my
> personal experience) worked correctly under Windows XP with the exact same
> hardware.
>
> The primary symptom is faults with upward scrolling, in some applications
> (e.g. Google Earth) upward scrolling is not recognised at all and the
> application scrolls down (which is Zoom In) no matter which way the wheel
> is
> turned. In other applications (e.g. Opera Web Browser) upward scrolling
> is
> also mis-interpreted, scrolling up in these applications cause the page to
> jump up an huge chunk on the first move of the wheel, then start scrolling
> down again (even though the wheel is still being pushed up).
>
> This is my list of problem and problem free applications so far:
>
> Upward scrolling does NOT work:
> Google Earth

Works both ways...Windows Vista Ultimate

> Opera Web Browser

Works correctly both ways in Opera 9.2

> Itunes
> FarCry
>
> Scrolling does work:
> Windows Explorer
> Internet Explorer

Scrolling may work, but with my trackball, I can't close active instances of
any kind as I could in XP.

> MS Office 2003 products
> Mozilla Firefox
> Mozilla Thunderbird
> MSN Messenger
>
> Please hurry up and get this fixed MS! It's extremely frustrating.
> Seb.

simrick405 is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
scrolling
I have problems scrolling as well. You can read my post, and others here:

Vertical scrolling problems with mouse

"Hi. I've got a scrolling issue that I hope someone can help me with. I have a Toshiba A215-S6804 laptop with Vista Home Premium SP1, IE7 and OpenOffice. I had installed a Dynex optical wireless notebook mouse and found that I could only vertically scroll in IE7. I assumed it was a driver issue because Dynex don't market this mouse specifically for Vista. So I bought a Logitech V320 wireless optical mouse and installed that yesterday. This one is supposed to scroll vertically and horizontally. Well, in IE7 I have no problems scrolling (both ways), but in any other program I can not get it to scroll. I've tried OpenOffice document, WordPad, and even the help file from Logitech too - nothing will vertically scroll! I'm lost. I have downloaded the most recent software from Logitech with no luck. I have got to assume it's a Vista issue. Is anyone else having this problem? Thanks!"