> when i was on xp i had sound now i have no sound what do i do?
Whenever you install an operating system - any operating system - you
then need to install the drivers for your hardware. Drivers are software
that tell the operating system (XP, Vista, etc.) how to use the
hardware. So Vista may know you have a sound card but until you install
the correct drivers, you won't have sound.
Get drivers from:
1. The device mftr.'s website; OR
2. The motherboard mftr.'s website if hardware is onboard; OR
3. The OEM's website for your specific machine if you have an OEM
computer (HP, Dell, Sony, etc.).
Read the installation instructions on the website where you get the drivers.
To find out what hardware is in your computer:
1. Read any documentation you got when you bought the computer.
2. If the computer is OEM, go to the OEM's website for your specific
model machine and look at the specs (you'll be there to get the drivers
3. Download, install and run a free system inventory program like Belarc
Advisor. The older Aida32 is good for this, too although it might not
work on Vista.
- Belarc Advisor
Elephant Boy Computers
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User