Hard disk completely full

CARLOS

Hard disk completely full
Hello all,

I have the next problem with my hard disk on my hp laptop.
There are 0 bytes left on my hard disk. the problem is that two days ago
there were at least 20 GB left, but since that moment the hard disk has been
filled alone! I mean, If a check all the folders in C: for the size they are
using, they use no more than 30 GB so, where are the rest of the 60 GB my
hard drive has? I have checked for hidden files and I've tried deleting log
and tmp files. Also, I have disabled the hibernation property but the problem
still remains...

Please, Coud anyone help me??

Thank you very much in advance!

Carlos
Captain Roberts

Re: Hard disk completely full

"CARLOS" <CARLOS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I have the next problem with my hard disk on my hp laptop.
> There are 0 bytes left on my hard disk. the problem is that two days ago
> there were at least 20 GB left, but since that moment the hard disk has
> been
> filled alone! I mean, If a check all the folders in C: for the size they
> are
> using, they use no more than 30 GB so, where are the rest of the 60 GB my
> hard drive has? I have checked for hidden files and I've tried deleting
> log
> and tmp files. Also, I have disabled the hibernation property but the
> problem
> still remains...
>
> Please, Coud anyone help me??
>
> Thank you very much in advance!
>
> Carlos

Carlos, try running chkdsk. Run cmd.exe elevated, and type in "chkdsk /f"
without the quotes and press enter. You will probably have to set it to run
on next boot when prompted. Sometimes when files are deleted an incorrect
size is shown on the amount of free space you really have on a drive, and
this will correct it if that is indeed the case.

Captain Roberts

andy

Re: Hard disk completely full
Try running a disk usage program such as
ShowMan
<http://www.david-taylor.myby.co.uk/software/disk.html#ShowMan> or
SC-DiskInfo Standard Edition
<http://www.bestvistadownloads.com/software/k-disk-usage-t-free-sc-diskinfo-standard-edition-download-ajysiyjm.html>.

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 23:52:00 -0700, CARLOS
<CARLOS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>I have the next problem with my hard disk on my hp laptop.
>There are 0 bytes left on my hard disk. the problem is that two days ago
>there were at least 20 GB left, but since that moment the hard disk has been
>filled alone! I mean, If a check all the folders in C: for the size they are
>using, they use no more than 30 GB so, where are the rest of the 60 GB my
>hard drive has? I have checked for hidden files and I've tried deleting log
>and tmp files. Also, I have disabled the hibernation property but the problem
>still remains...
>
>Please, Coud anyone help me??
>
>Thank you very much in advance!
>
>Carlos

JW

Re: Hard disk completely full
One possibility is caused by restore points. The can consume a lot of disk
and the space they consume does not show up as part of your C: drive.