Can't boot from CD

Mike

Can't boot from CD
Vista is causing me problems and I am getting tired of having to reinstall
vista. I decided to go back to xp but for some reason I cannot boot from cd.
I have searched and read through the discussions and have tried several of
the tips and suggestions offered but none have worked so far. Can someone
please help?

System Info:
Asus MV8-VM
AMD 3100+
(2) 80GB WD HDD
ASUS DVD-ROM
TDK DVD RW
1.5GB RAM
DanR

Re: Can't boot from CD

> Vista is causing me problems and I am getting tired of having to reinstall
> vista. I decided to go back to xp but for some reason I cannot boot from
> cd.
> I have searched and read through the discussions and have tried several of
> the tips and suggestions offered but none have worked so far. Can someone
> please help?
>
> System Info:
> Asus MV8-VM
> AMD 3100+
> (2) 80GB WD HDD
> ASUS DVD-ROM
> TDK DVD RW
> 1.5GB RAM

It's been a while but I had a similar problem with a work computer. Would
not boot WinXP disk with Vista installed.
If you've given up on Vista use the Vista DVD to delete the Vista partition.
Boot to Vista DVD and skip the enter code page and you will come to a page
with "disk utilities" or some similar verbiage. You can delete the Vista
partition from there. After you do that quit. You should then be able to
boot to the WinXP CD. Worked for me.

BigJim

Re: Can't boot from CD
the boot sequence is selected in the bios so get into the bios and select
your dvd drive as first boot option.
> Vista is causing me problems and I am getting tired of having to reinstall
> vista. I decided to go back to xp but for some reason I cannot boot from
> cd.
> I have searched and read through the discussions and have tried several of
> the tips and suggestions offered but none have worked so far. Can someone
> please help?
>
> System Info:
> Asus MV8-VM
> AMD 3100+
> (2) 80GB WD HDD
> ASUS DVD-ROM
> TDK DVD RW
> 1.5GB RAM

Mike

Re: Can't boot from CD

"BigJim" wrote:

> the boot sequence is selected in the bios so get into the bios and select
> your dvd drive as first boot option.
> "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Vista is causing me problems and I am getting tired of having to reinstall
> > vista. I decided to go back to xp but for some reason I cannot boot from
> > cd.
> > I have searched and read through the discussions and have tried several of
> > the tips and suggestions offered but none have worked so far. Can someone
> > please help?
> >
> > System Info:
> > Asus MV8-VM
> > AMD 3100+
> > (2) 80GB WD HDD
> > ASUS DVD-ROM
> > TDK DVD RW
> > 1.5GB RAM

the dvd drive has been set as the first boot option since the first day i
built this system