Soundblaster Live Problems

Alias

Soundblaster Live Problems
Hello all,

I have a Soundblaster Live! Value sound card that Vista Home Basic will not
install drivers for. Worse, the Creative Labs people don't provide Vista
compatible drivers for this card.

Does anyone know if Microsoft has drivers for this particular piece of
hardware. I hate having to invest more dollars just trying to get Vista to
run correctly with my current devices. Man, this is frustrating to say the
least :-(

-A
Captain Roberts

Re: Soundblaster Live Problems

"Alias" <Alias@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I have a Soundblaster Live! Value sound card that Vista Home Basic will
> not
> install drivers for. Worse, the Creative Labs people don't provide Vista
> compatible drivers for this card.
>
> Does anyone know if Microsoft has drivers for this particular piece of
> hardware. I hate having to invest more dollars just trying to get Vista
> run correctly with my current devices. Man, this is frustrating to say
> the
> least :-(
>
> -A

If you are not happy with your onboard sound device for your computer, then
just shop around and find a sound card that is supported in Vista either
natively, or by downloadable drivers.

Neil Harley

Alias wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have a Soundblaster Live! Value sound card that Vista Home Basic will not
> install drivers for. Worse, the Creative Labs people don't provide Vista
> compatible drivers for this card.
>
> Does anyone know if Microsoft has drivers for this particular piece of
> hardware. I hate having to invest more dollars just trying to get Vista to
> run correctly with my current devices. Man, this is frustrating to say the
> least :-(
>
> -A

It isn't Vista's fault that Creative haven't written drivers for the
Live! card but there are hacked drivers for it which appear to work:

http://www.ngohq.com/home.php?page=F...&dwn_cat_id=20
Alias

Re: Soundblaster Live Problems
Neil,

Thanks a million for the link. I got things working using the generic NGOHQ
driver. I was about to give up on it though because it wasn't working when I
clicked the Digital Output check box. Turns out that I had to install the
software for the Soundblaster Audigy 2 sound card even though my card is the
Soundblaster Live!.

When you are installing NGOHQ, it looks like the Audigy 2 box is selected by
default so I selected the check box for Soundblaster Live!. In doing so I
think what happens is drivers for the Audigy 2 get installed instead.
Reversing this process will install the correct drivers. The NGOHQ install
is either mixed up or plain confusing.

At any rate I had to adjust audio properties to get rid of the audio noise
but it works good enough to be acceptible. Thanks for everything...

-A