Vista driver problem

Premier

Vista driver problem
In my VistaOS for using a simple usb mouse is required a driver. In XP i've
used this mouse without driver. Where i can found an appropriate driver for
my optical mouse? the manifactured is Nilox and ITEM NO: 3005.

On the same system, Vista Business, i want use a Canon ip2000 printer. Canon
company doesn't give a driver release for Vista, because the driver is inside
Vista.
Well, when i connect the printer to pc, Vista doesn't found an appropriate
driver and doesn't install the printer.

How i can solve this problems?

Help me pls.
--
Forza e onore!!!
_____________________________
Don

Re: Vista driver problem
Premier wrote:
> In my VistaOS for using a simple usb mouse is required a driver. In XP i've
> used this mouse without driver. Where i can found an appropriate driver for
> my optical mouse? the manifactured is Nilox and ITEM NO: 3005...

Vista really should not need a special driver for a basic mouse. What
error message do you see when you plug in the mouse?

Premier

Re: Vista driver problem
It searchs a driver in my pc, after it asks me the folder with a driver.

I've choose "No CD. Found a solution" but it hasn't install the mouse.

Same problem with usb pen. It asks me the driver.
--
Forza e onore!!!
_____________________________

"Don" wrote:

> Premier wrote:
> > In my VistaOS for using a simple usb mouse is required a driver. In XP i've
> > used this mouse without driver. Where i can found an appropriate driver for
> > my optical mouse? the manifactured is Nilox and ITEM NO: 3005...

> Vista really should not need a special driver for a basic mouse. What
> error message do you see when you plug in the mouse?

Premier

Re: Vista driver problem
Ok ok, it has found a valid driver c:\windows

Thanks
--
Forza e onore!!!
_____________________________

Premier wrote:
> Ok ok, it has found a valid driver c:\windows

Yes, but it will ask you again next time because your
\windows\inf\INFCACHE.1 is corrupted and should be
deleted.

Before you can delete the file you need to edit its
file permissions to allow full control to the Users
group.

Premier

Re: Vista driver problem
How i can replace it?

Where is it?
--
Forza e onore!!!
_____________________________

"Don" wrote:

> Premier wrote:
> > Ok ok, it has found a valid driver c:\windows

> Yes, but it will ask you again next time because your
> \windows\inf\INFCACHE.1 is corrupted and should be
> deleted.
>
> Before you can delete the file you need to edit its
> file permissions to allow full control to the Users
> group.

Don

Re: Vista driver problem
Premier wrote:
> How i can replace it?

You don't need to replace it. Vista will generate another
one when it needs the file.

> Where is it?

C:\windows\inf\INFCACHE.1 You may need to un-hide hidden
and system files in your Explorer preferences before you
can see it.

Premier

Re: Vista driver problem
I've deleted that file, and i've tried to install a different usbpen.

Vista hasn't ask me the driver. Olè!!!!

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!
--
Forza e onore!!!
_____________________________

"Don" wrote:

> Premier wrote:
> > How i can replace it?

> You don't need to replace it. Vista will generate another
> one when it needs the file.
>
> > Where is it?

> C:\windows\inf\INFCACHE.1 You may need to un-hide hidden
> and system files in your Explorer preferences before you
> can see it.

Premier

Re: Vista driver problem
Ehm, it asks me a driver for all other devices...

Have you got another solution, please?

--
Forza e onore!!!
_____________________________

"Premier" wrote:

> I've deleted that file, and i've tried to install a different usbpen.
>
> Vista hasn't ask me the driver. Olè!!!!
>
> Thank you very much!!!!!!!!
> --
> Forza e onore!!!
> _____________________________
> Wikiprogramming - Esprimi il tuo sapere
> (http://wikiprogramming.netsons.org)
>

> "Don" wrote:
>
> > Premier wrote:
> > > How i can replace it?

> > You don't need to replace it. Vista will generate another
> > one when it needs the file.
> >
> > > Where is it?

> > C:\windows\inf\INFCACHE.1 You may need to un-hide hidden
> > and system files in your Explorer preferences before you
> > can see it.

Premier

Re: Vista driver problem
Ehm, it asks me a driver for all other devices...

Have you got another solutions, please?

--
Forza e onore!!!