Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

CPU size

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2007
Carl G
 

Posts: n/a
CPU size
Hi Guys and gals
Got a question for ya.
I build my own computers but I am not a computer builder.
Always use Intel CPU.
Question = If I have a Intel P4 3.2 Ghz CPU , what size in an AMD would I
need to be the same in size or performance.
I am trying to figure out how fast a AMD semperon 3400 is in comparison to
an Intel CPU.

Hope I asked that right.

--
Carl G

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2007
Mike Hall - MVP
 

Posts: n/a
Re: CPU size
This may help you..

http://www.systemshootouts.org/processors.html


"Carl G" <cgerving@msnDOTcom> wrote in message
news:OWnF4MhsHHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
> Hi Guys and gals
> Got a question for ya.
> I build my own computers but I am not a computer builder.
> Always use Intel CPU.
> Question = If I have a Intel P4 3.2 Ghz CPU , what size in an AMD would I
> need to be the same in size or performance.
> I am trying to figure out how fast a AMD semperon 3400 is in comparison
> to an Intel CPU.
>
> Hope I asked that right.
>
> --
> Carl G


--


Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2007
Carl G
 

Posts: n/a
Re: CPU size
Hi Mike
I guess I don't understand those AMD numbers.
If I have a Intel Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz Prescott CPU , which AMD cpu will be
equevilent to it?
Can anyone answer that for me.
thanks

--
Carl G

"Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:e#4R1ZhsHHA.4800@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> This may help you..
>
> http://www.systemshootouts.org/processors.html
>
>
> "Carl G" <cgerving@msnDOTcom> wrote in message
> news:OWnF4MhsHHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>> Hi Guys and gals
>> Got a question for ya.
>> I build my own computers but I am not a computer builder.
>> Always use Intel CPU.
>> Question = If I have a Intel P4 3.2 Ghz CPU , what size in an AMD would
>> I need to be the same in size or performance.
>> I am trying to figure out how fast a AMD semperon 3400 is in comparison
>> to an Intel CPU.
>>
>> Hope I asked that right.
>>
>> --
>> Carl G

>
> --
>
>
> Mike Hall
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2007
Mike Hall - MVP
 

Posts: n/a
Re: CPU size
AMD 64 3000 would cover it.. almost impossible to find now as the AM2
versions have replaced the older 64 range..


"Carl G" <cgerving@msnDOTcom> wrote in message
news:eDwm9BusHHA.4796@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Hi Mike
> I guess I don't understand those AMD numbers.
> If I have a Intel Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz Prescott CPU , which AMD cpu will
> be equevilent to it?
> Can anyone answer that for me.
> thanks
>
> --
> Carl G
>
> "Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:e#4R1ZhsHHA.4800@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> This may help you..
>>
>> http://www.systemshootouts.org/processors.html
>>
>>
>> "Carl G" <cgerving@msnDOTcom> wrote in message
>> news:OWnF4MhsHHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi Guys and gals
>>> Got a question for ya.
>>> I build my own computers but I am not a computer builder.
>>> Always use Intel CPU.
>>> Question = If I have a Intel P4 3.2 Ghz CPU , what size in an AMD would
>>> I need to be the same in size or performance.
>>> I am trying to figure out how fast a AMD semperon 3400 is in
>>> comparison to an Intel CPU.
>>>
>>> Hope I asked that right.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Carl G

>>
>> --
>>
>>
>> Mike Hall
>> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/
>>
>>
>>


--


Mike Hall
MS MVP Windows Shell/User
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2007
Carl G
 

Posts: n/a
Re: CPU size
Thanks Mike
That answers my question.

--
Carl G

"Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in message
news:u#IAETusHHA.4800@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> AMD 64 3000 would cover it.. almost impossible to find now as the AM2
> versions have replaced the older 64 range..
>
>
> "Carl G" <cgerving@msnDOTcom> wrote in message
> news:eDwm9BusHHA.4796@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> Hi Mike
>> I guess I don't understand those AMD numbers.
>> If I have a Intel Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz Prescott CPU , which AMD cpu will
>> be equevilent to it?
>> Can anyone answer that for me.
>> thanks
>>
>> --
>> Carl G
>>
>> "Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> news:e#4R1ZhsHHA.4800@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> This may help you..
>>>
>>> http://www.systemshootouts.org/processors.html
>>>
>>>
>>> "Carl G" <cgerving@msnDOTcom> wrote in message
>>> news:OWnF4MhsHHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>> Hi Guys and gals
>>>> Got a question for ya.
>>>> I build my own computers but I am not a computer builder.
>>>> Always use Intel CPU.
>>>> Question = If I have a Intel P4 3.2 Ghz CPU , what size in an AMD
>>>> would I need to be the same in size or performance.
>>>> I am trying to figure out how fast a AMD semperon 3400 is in
>>>> comparison to an Intel CPU.
>>>>
>>>> Hope I asked that right.
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Carl G
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>>
>>> Mike Hall
>>> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
>>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/
>>>
>>>
>>>

>
> --
>
>
> Mike Hall
> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2007
LarryM
 

Posts: n/a
Re: CPU size
Carl,
The Intel processors tend to be some what inflated speed wise. The
actual speed of the AMD processors are more inline with the real world
speed. My experience has been if you test the two at a comparative speed the
AMD processor most often is the better of the two. Not always but most
often.
Larry
"Carl G" <cgerving@msnDOTcom> wrote in message
news:OKK8ybusHHA.1324@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
> Thanks Mike
> That answers my question.
>
> --
> Carl G
>
> "Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in message
> news:u#IAETusHHA.4800@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>> AMD 64 3000 would cover it.. almost impossible to find now as the AM2
>> versions have replaced the older 64 range..
>>
>>
>> "Carl G" <cgerving@msnDOTcom> wrote in message
>> news:eDwm9BusHHA.4796@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> Hi Mike
>>> I guess I don't understand those AMD numbers.
>>> If I have a Intel Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz Prescott CPU , which AMD cpu will
>>> be equevilent to it?
>>> Can anyone answer that for me.
>>> thanks
>>>
>>> --
>>> Carl G
>>>
>>> "Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>> news:e#4R1ZhsHHA.4800@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>> This may help you..
>>>>
>>>> http://www.systemshootouts.org/processors.html
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> "Carl G" <cgerving@msnDOTcom> wrote in message
>>>> news:OWnF4MhsHHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>>> Hi Guys and gals
>>>>> Got a question for ya.
>>>>> I build my own computers but I am not a computer builder.
>>>>> Always use Intel CPU.
>>>>> Question = If I have a Intel P4 3.2 Ghz CPU , what size in an AMD
>>>>> would I need to be the same in size or performance.
>>>>> I am trying to figure out how fast a AMD semperon 3400 is in
>>>>> comparison to an Intel CPU.
>>>>>
>>>>> Hope I asked that right.
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>> Carl G
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> Mike Hall
>>>> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
>>>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/
>>>>
>>>>
>>>>

>>
>> --
>>
>>
>> Mike Hall
>> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/
>>
>>
>>


Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-20-2007
Carl G
 

Posts: n/a
Re: CPU size
Thanks Larry
I have never used an AMD cpu and was wondering what to compare to being as
the AMD seam to be a lot cheaper then the Intel .
I just build my own computers and for my kids .
Gota look for the best deals ya know.
Thanks again.

--
Carl G

"LarryM" <larrymoss@citcom.net> wrote in message
news:ORb#fVzsHHA.4800@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> Carl,
> The Intel processors tend to be some what inflated speed wise. The
> actual speed of the AMD processors are more inline with the real world
> speed. My experience has been if you test the two at a comparative speed
> the AMD processor most often is the better of the two. Not always but most
> often.
> Larry
> "Carl G" <cgerving@msnDOTcom> wrote in message
> news:OKK8ybusHHA.1324@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...
>> Thanks Mike
>> That answers my question.
>>
>> --
>> Carl G
>>
>> "Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in message
>> news:u#IAETusHHA.4800@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>> AMD 64 3000 would cover it.. almost impossible to find now as the AM2
>>> versions have replaced the older 64 range..
>>>
>>>
>>> "Carl G" <cgerving@msnDOTcom> wrote in message
>>> news:eDwm9BusHHA.4796@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>> Hi Mike
>>>> I guess I don't understand those AMD numbers.
>>>> If I have a Intel Pentium 4 3.0 Ghz Prescott CPU , which AMD cpu
>>>> will be equevilent to it?
>>>> Can anyone answer that for me.
>>>> thanks
>>>>
>>>> --
>>>> Carl G
>>>>
>>>> "Mike Hall - MVP" <mikehall@mvps.org> wrote in message
>>>> news:e#4R1ZhsHHA.4800@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
>>>>> This may help you..
>>>>>
>>>>> http://www.systemshootouts.org/processors.html
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> "Carl G" <cgerving@msnDOTcom> wrote in message
>>>>> news:OWnF4MhsHHA.4476@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...
>>>>>> Hi Guys and gals
>>>>>> Got a question for ya.
>>>>>> I build my own computers but I am not a computer builder.
>>>>>> Always use Intel CPU.
>>>>>> Question = If I have a Intel P4 3.2 Ghz CPU , what size in an AMD
>>>>>> would I need to be the same in size or performance.
>>>>>> I am trying to figure out how fast a AMD semperon 3400 is in
>>>>>> comparison to an Intel CPU.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> Hope I asked that right.
>>>>>>
>>>>>> --
>>>>>> Carl G
>>>>>
>>>>> --
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>> Mike Hall
>>>>> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
>>>>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>>>
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>>
>>> Mike Hall
>>> MS MVP Windows Shell/User
>>> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/
>>>
>>>
>>>

>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-21-2007
Steve Jain
 

Posts: n/a
Re: CPU size
On Wed, 20 Jun 2007 09:15:58 -0500, "Carl G" <cgerving@msnDOTcom>
wrote:

>Thanks Larry
>I have never used an AMD cpu and was wondering what to compare to being as
>the AMD seam to be a lot cheaper then the Intel .
>I just build my own computers and for my kids .
>Gota look for the best deals ya know.
>Thanks again.


The best deals now are the Intel Core 2 CPUs. They are faster than
comparable AMD CPUs and a better value for the money.

----------- ---- --- -- - - - -
Cheers,
Steve Jain, Virtual Machine MVP
http://vpc.essjae.com/
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Window Size Zombie microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 17 06-09-2007 17:11
Clock Size =?Utf-8?B?SXJ2?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 03-29-2007 19:20
Strange P4 HT CPU behavior when turning on HP computer. CPU usage =?Utf-8?B?R1Q=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 2 02-21-2007 00:05
Strange P4 HT CPU behavior when turning on HP computer. CPU usage/ =?Utf-8?B?R1Q=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 1 02-20-2007 08:37
Reduce font size or increase size of program guide grid? Dan microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 02-04-2007 09:31




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 22:51.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120