Analog vs DIV on monitors from dell

Jennifersaskatchewan

Analog vs DIV on monitors from dell
I hav a dell computer and the dell monitor is set to go to a black screen
saver and when i go to move mose and wake it from the screensave I get strip
across the window that says auto detect analoge input. Is there a way to get
it to stop telling me that? Is there a way to have DIV digital and what would
I do to get digital?
Richard G. Harper

Re: Analog vs DIV on monitors from dell
Check your monitor guide and/or the Dell website to see if this notice can
be turned off.

"Jennifersaskatchewan" <Jennifersaskatchewan@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:AFE11BD0-B0C9-4FCD-9B8C-B9AF75176668@microsoft.com...
>I hav a dell computer and the dell monitor is set to go to a black screen
> saver and when i go to move mose and wake it from the screensave I get
> strip
> across the window that says auto detect analoge input. Is there a way to
> get
> it to stop telling me that? Is there a way to have DIV digital and what
> would
> I do to get digital?

Richard Urban

Re: Analog vs DIV on monitors from dell
The message likely can not be turned off as it is built into the monitor. If
your monitor and video card both have DVI connectors, all you need is a
digital cable (expensive if it didn't come with the monitor). You will still
likely get the message, even using digital input. I do.

--

Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

"Jennifersaskatchewan" <Jennifersaskatchewan@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote in message news:AFE11BD0-B0C9-4FCD-9B8C-B9AF75176668@microsoft.com...
>I hav a dell computer and the dell monitor is set to go to a black screen
> saver and when i go to move mose and wake it from the screensave I get
> strip
> across the window that says auto detect analoge input. Is there a way to
> get
> it to stop telling me that? Is there a way to have DIV digital and what
> would
> I do to get digital?

Drew

Re: Analog vs DIV on monitors from dell
I also run a Dell 24" monitor and I do not get this message and I thought
all Dell monitors shipped with a dvi cable...The last 3 I have bought were
like that....I run a 24" as well as a 30" and I purchased the 19" for my
wife's computer
> The message likely can not be turned off as it is built into the monitor.
> If your monitor and video card both have DVI connectors, all you need is a
> digital cable (expensive if it didn't come with the monitor). You will
> still likely get the message, even using digital input. I do.
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>

> "Jennifersaskatchewan" <Jennifersaskatchewan@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote in message
>>I hav a dell computer and the dell monitor is set to go to a black screen
>> saver and when i go to move mose and wake it from the screensave I get
>> strip
>> across the window that says auto detect analoge input. Is there a way to
>> get
>> it to stop telling me that? Is there a way to have DIV digital and what
>> would
>> I do to get digital?

Richard Urban

Re: Analog vs DIV on monitors from dell
You may want to share your monitor settings with the O/P.

I know on my Samsung I can lock the monitor on either analog or digital, as
well as auto detect. Though, no matter which one I choose, I still see a
message direct from the monitor as to what mode it is in.

What does the Dell monitor utilize that can help the O/P?

--

"Drew" <sheba3169@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>I also run a Dell 24" monitor and I do not get this message and I thought
>all Dell monitors shipped with a dvi cable...The last 3 I have bought were
>like that....I run a 24" as well as a 30" and I purchased the 19" for my
>wife's computer
>> The message likely can not be turned off as it is built into the monitor.
>> If your monitor and video card both have DVI connectors, all you need is
>> a digital cable (expensive if it didn't come with the monitor). You will
>> still likely get the message, even using digital input. I do.
>>
>> --
>>

>> Regards,
>>
>> Richard Urban
>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>

>> "Jennifersaskatchewan" <Jennifersaskatchewan@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote in message
>>>I hav a dell computer and the dell monitor is set to go to a black screen
>>> saver and when i go to move mose and wake it from the screensave I get
>>> strip
>>> across the window that says auto detect analoge input. Is there a way to
>>> get
>>> it to stop telling me that? Is there a way to have DIV digital and what
>>> would
>>> I do to get digital?

Drew

Re: Analog vs DIV on monitors from dell
Good question that unfortunately I do not have an answer for right away....I
know these monitors came with dvi cable,vga cable,hdmi cable, component
cables as well as usb cables for the onboard ports....All part of the reason
for the purchases...I guess I have never really dug into the settings to
find out....I know that about a month ago a friend brought his computer over
for me to look at and I connected this Dell 24" to his vga card it auto set
itself to analog and then when I reconnected it to my dvi it seemed to reset
itself to digital...Will research more on this
> You may want to share your monitor settings with the O/P.
>
> I know on my Samsung I can lock the monitor on either analog or digital,
> as well as auto detect. Though, no matter which one I choose, I still see
> a message direct from the monitor as to what mode it is in.
>
> What does the Dell monitor utilize that can help the O/P?
>
> --
>

> Regards,
>
> Richard Urban
> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>

> "Drew" <sheba3169@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>I also run a Dell 24" monitor and I do not get this message and I thought
>>all Dell monitors shipped with a dvi cable...The last 3 I have bought were
>>like that....I run a 24" as well as a 30" and I purchased the 19" for my
>>wife's computer
>> "Richard Urban" <richardurbanREMOVETHIS@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> The message likely can not be turned off as it is built into the
>>> monitor. If your monitor and video card both have DVI connectors, all
>>> you need is a digital cable (expensive if it didn't come with the
>>> monitor). You will still likely get the message, even using digital
>>> input. I do.
>>>
>>> --
>>>

>>> Regards,
>>>
>>> Richard Urban
>>> Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User
>>> (For email, remove the obvious from my address)
>>>

>>> "Jennifersaskatchewan" <Jennifersaskatchewan@discussions.microsoft.com>

phypps

Analog vs DIV on monitors from dell
I have the dell 24" monitor and it has numerous different connections (as
already mentioned below).
I am not sure how typical the on screen menu is for other models.
But on this one there is a "set source" button that scans the various inputs
for a signal.
Once found it uses that as the default each time it starts up. (unless you
change it again).
I would guess that the message is due to an auto detect that is scanning for
the source every time it starts up.
If you set it to one particular source it might stop the message.
However I have noted that even when locked onto DVI I get a DVI connector
symbol displayed briefly on the screen.
All in all its not a big deal

Phypps