Vista - Change Drive Letters?

Charliec

Vista - Change Drive Letters?
I just upgraded to MS Vista and in the upgrade process, Vista changed
two of my drives letter (an external harddrive and my CDRW drive). I
would like to change them back to the original drive letters, but
can't seem to locate the procedure for changing the drive letters.

Can someone advice, please?

Thanks
Charlie
Charliec
JimR

Re: Vista - Change Drive Letters?
"Charliec" <charliec@invalid.address.com> wrote in message
>I just upgraded to MS Vista and in the upgrade process, Vista changed
> two of my drives letter (an external harddrive and my CDRW drive). I
> would like to change them back to the original drive letters, but
> can't seem to locate the procedure for changing the drive letters.
>
> Can someone advice, please?
>
> Thanks
> Charlie
> ************************************************** ****
> Charliec

Open Start>Control Panel>Administrative tools>Computer Management>Disc
Management. Right click on the drive you want to change and select"change
drive letter and paths".

--
Jim

freddy

RE: Vista - Change Drive Letters?
Charliec,

Right click Computer and select Manage and then Disk Management. There, you
will be able to change drive letters.
--
freddy

"Charliec" wrote:

> I just upgraded to MS Vista and in the upgrade process, Vista changed
> two of my drives letter (an external harddrive and my CDRW drive). I
> would like to change them back to the original drive letters, but
> can't seem to locate the procedure for changing the drive letters.
>
> Can someone advice, please?
>
> Thanks
> Charlie
> ************************************************** ****
> Charliec

Charliec

Re: Vista - Change Drive Letters?
Thanks both for you answers - In control panel, I had to go to
"Classic View" to gain access to Admin Tools. Is there a way to get
to it in default Vista View and not have to change to Classic View?

Charlie

>On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 15:19:00 -0700, freddy <fkirschen@tidalwave.net> wrote:

>Charliec,
>
>Right click Computer and select Manage and then Disk Management. There, you
>will be able to change drive letters.

Charliec
JimR

Re: Vista - Change Drive Letters?
"Charliec" <charliec@invalid.address.com> wrote in message
>I just upgraded to MS Vista and in the upgrade process, Vista changed
> two of my drives letter (an external harddrive and my CDRW drive). I
> would like to change them back to the original drive letters, but
> can't seem to locate the procedure for changing the drive letters.
>
> Can someone advice, please?
>
> Thanks
> Charlie
> ************************************************** ****
> Charliec

You can add Administrative tools to the start menu. Right click the Start

--
Jim

freddy

"Charliec" wrote:

> Thanks both for you answers - In control panel, I had to go to
> "Classic View" to gain access to Admin Tools. Is there a way to get
> to it in default Vista View and not have to change to Classic View?
>
> Charlie
>
> >On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 15:19:00 -0700, freddy <fkirschen@tidalwave.net> wrote:

> >Charliec,
> >
> >Right click Computer and select Manage and then Disk Management. There, you
> >will be able to change drive letters.

> ************************************************** ****
> Charliec

Charliec

Re: Vista - Change Drive Letters?
Great - got it - but hope not to have to use it again!

Thanks
Charliec

>On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 15:57:01 -0700, freddy <fkirschen@tidalwave.net> wrote:

>Charliec,
>
>Right click Computer and select Manage.

Charliec
Rock

Re: Vista - Change Drive Letters?
"Charliec" <charliec@invalid.address.com> wrote
> Thanks both for you answers - In control panel, I had to go to
> "Classic View" to gain access to Admin Tools. Is there a way to get
> to it in default Vista View and not have to change to Classic View?

>>freddy wrote:

>>Charliec,
>>
>>Right click Computer and select Manage and then Disk Management. There,
>>you
>>will be able to change drive letters.

Use the integrated search. Type in Admin or disk in the search box. Up it
pops. As a side note, on this system, I can't get control panel to default
to open in classic view. I believe others have been able to on other
systems, but not here. It did work in RC1 and RC2 but not in this
installation of Ultimate RTM. Go figure.

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]