Samsung mp3 player won't work

Elizabeth

Samsung mp3 player won't work
The model number is YP T9JQB, and it's only been around since February. I've
uninstalled, tried different USB ports, installed the latest version of
Samsung Media Studio (which is supposed to work under Vista), formatted the
player and checked for drivers at the Samsung site, but nothing gives. The
computer recognises the player, but Media Studio does not and I can't move
the firmware for XP/Vista to the player. At random times, the player
disappears from My Computer and the device manager states 'This device cannot
start. (Code 10)'. (Does 'Check for Solutions' *ever* find anything?)

Googling this tells me that Samsung players aren't working in Vista, so I'm
guessing either Samsung or Microsoft needs to fix this - my question is
when/whether, or should I ditch the player? If so, what *will* work? (Apple
gives me hives, so don't even say 'ipod'.)
freddy

RE: Samsung mp3 player won't work
Elizabeth,

If Samsung doesn't provide the necessary software, then I doubt that
Microsoft will save the situation for Samsung.
--
freddy

"Elizabeth" wrote:

> The model number is YP T9JQB, and it's only been around since February. I've
> uninstalled, tried different USB ports, installed the latest version of
> Samsung Media Studio (which is supposed to work under Vista), formatted the
> player and checked for drivers at the Samsung site, but nothing gives. The
> computer recognises the player, but Media Studio does not and I can't move
> the firmware for XP/Vista to the player. At random times, the player
> disappears from My Computer and the device manager states 'This device cannot
> start. (Code 10)'. (Does 'Check for Solutions' *ever* find anything?)
>
> Googling this tells me that Samsung players aren't working in Vista, so I'm
> guessing either Samsung or Microsoft needs to fix this - my question is
> when/whether, or should I ditch the player? If so, what *will* work? (Apple
> gives me hives, so don't even say 'ipod'.)

Elizabeth

RE: Samsung mp3 player won't work
Well, Microsoft did release a fix for ipod, and it's not just Samsung - a lot
of mp3 players aren't connecting in Vista (including Microsoft's own - which
I believe they've also fixed). I didn't mind replacing my printer (which I'd
had since the last century), but it's ridiculous that Vista can't handle new
hardware.

"freddy" wrote:

> Elizabeth,
>
> If Samsung doesn't provide the necessary software, then I doubt that
> Microsoft will save the situation for Samsung.
> --
> freddy
>

> "Elizabeth" wrote:
>
> > The model number is YP T9JQB, and it's only been around since February. I've
> > uninstalled, tried different USB ports, installed the latest version of
> > Samsung Media Studio (which is supposed to work under Vista), formatted the
> > player and checked for drivers at the Samsung site, but nothing gives. The
> > computer recognises the player, but Media Studio does not and I can't move
> > the firmware for XP/Vista to the player. At random times, the player
> > disappears from My Computer and the device manager states 'This device cannot
> > start. (Code 10)'. (Does 'Check for Solutions' *ever* find anything?)
> >
> > Googling this tells me that Samsung players aren't working in Vista, so I'm
> > guessing either Samsung or Microsoft needs to fix this - my question is
> > when/whether, or should I ditch the player? If so, what *will* work? (Apple
> > gives me hives, so don't even say 'ipod'.)

Captain Roberts

"Elizabeth" <Elizabeth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The model number is YP T9JQB, and it's only been around since February.
> I've
> uninstalled, tried different USB ports, installed the latest version of
> Samsung Media Studio (which is supposed to work under Vista), formatted
> the
> player and checked for drivers at the Samsung site, but nothing gives.
> The
> computer recognises the player, but Media Studio does not and I can't move
> the firmware for XP/Vista to the player. At random times, the player
> disappears from My Computer and the device manager states 'This device
> cannot
> start. (Code 10)'. (Does 'Check for Solutions' *ever* find anything?)
>
> Googling this tells me that Samsung players aren't working in Vista, so
> I'm
> guessing either Samsung or Microsoft needs to fix this - my question is
> when/whether, or should I ditch the player? If so, what *will* work?
> (Apple
> gives me hives, so don't even say 'ipod'.)

Elizabeth, do you have a second computer running XP or a friend that has a
computer running XP? If so, you could use that computer to upload the
firmware fix, and then go from there.

Elizabeth

Re: Samsung mp3 player won't work
I did use my old XP to install the firmware, and that worked, but the player
still isn't recognised by WinMP and Media Studio in Vista. I also discovered
that the Sync centre doesn't recognise the player.