Help needed for graphics drivers....

Renegadechickenhead

Help needed for graphics drivers....
i have a nvidia geforce 7600gt and everytime i attempt to load the new
graphics drivers vista instals it's own at the same time as Nividia. this
results in every time play games or use the magnifer on my mouse, a lot of
black lines appear over the screen. if i rollback the driver to the much
older version that vista supplier it resolves this problem but my performance
goes down. This also occurs on start up and the screen is filled with short
black lines until it logs ion then it is resolved.
When opening games, it does the same until the game is fully loaded.
Any tips/hints on only installing one set of graphics drivers??

Im using Vista Home Premium 32 MB is an Asrock 4core Vsta, CPU is core 2 duo
e6600, and 2 gb of corsair ddr2 ram.

Thanks in advance.
freddy

RE: Help needed for graphics drivers....
Renegadechickenhead,

Make sure you have the correct Vista drivers for your card. You should have
a downloaded executable file for installing the new drivers. When you launch
the executable, the installer for the drivers should offer to delete the
previous drivers. Accept this. The installer should then proceed to install
the drivers.

Is that the process that you experienced when you installed the drivers?
Describe what happened when you launched the downloaded executable and
whether you received any error messages during the install process.

Post back with the information and more instructions can be provided.
--
freddy

"Renegadechickenhead" wrote:

> i have a nvidia geforce 7600gt and everytime i attempt to load the new
> graphics drivers vista instals it's own at the same time as Nividia. this
> results in every time play games or use the magnifer on my mouse, a lot of
> black lines appear over the screen. if i rollback the driver to the much
> older version that vista supplier it resolves this problem but my performance
> goes down. This also occurs on start up and the screen is filled with short
> black lines until it logs ion then it is resolved.
> When opening games, it does the same until the game is fully loaded.
> Any tips/hints on only installing one set of graphics drivers??
>
> Im using Vista Home Premium 32 MB is an Asrock 4core Vsta, CPU is core 2 duo
> e6600, and 2 gb of corsair ddr2 ram.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Renegadechickenhead

RE: Help needed for graphics drivers....
Yep got those however, when it restarted a dialog box appeared saying windows
wizard was installing did i want to contionue with the nividia install or
close and wait for the windows wizard to close.
i am using the latest drivers from nividia for vista 32, 158.24 forceware
for Vista 32.

I cant appear to be able to stop vista from installing the device drivers as
soon as it restarts.

Any further tips?

"freddy" wrote:

> Renegadechickenhead,
>
> Make sure you have the correct Vista drivers for your card. You should have
> a downloaded executable file for installing the new drivers. When you launch
> the executable, the installer for the drivers should offer to delete the
> previous drivers. Accept this. The installer should then proceed to install
> the drivers.
>
> Is that the process that you experienced when you installed the drivers?
> Describe what happened when you launched the downloaded executable and
> whether you received any error messages during the install process.
>
> Post back with the information and more instructions can be provided.
> --
> freddy
>

> "Renegadechickenhead" wrote:
>
> > i have a nvidia geforce 7600gt and everytime i attempt to load the new
> > graphics drivers vista instals it's own at the same time as Nividia. this
> > results in every time play games or use the magnifer on my mouse, a lot of
> > black lines appear over the screen. if i rollback the driver to the much
> > older version that vista supplier it resolves this problem but my performance
> > goes down. This also occurs on start up and the screen is filled with short
> > black lines until it logs ion then it is resolved.
> > When opening games, it does the same until the game is fully loaded.
> > Any tips/hints on only installing one set of graphics drivers??
> >
> > Im using Vista Home Premium 32 MB is an Asrock 4core Vsta, CPU is core 2 duo
> > e6600, and 2 gb of corsair ddr2 ram.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.

freddy

RE: Help needed for graphics drivers....
Renegadechickenhead,

OK, I was looking for information about the installer removing the prior
drivers, but from what you say, that fact didn't occur or you forget to cover
that point. The driver installer is supposed to remove the old drivers. I
don't know why that removal isn't occurring.

Here is what I'd do: In Device Manager, open the Properties of your
graphics adapter card and click on the Driver tab. Click on Uninstall
drivers and OK your way out of that "are you sure" business. You must reboot
for the uninstall to take effect.

When you reboot, press F8 after POST but before Windows starts. If you miss
that point, just try until you hit it. When the F8 process works, you will
get a screen containing options. Select the option to start Windows in
Standard VGA Mode (words to that effect) and boot into windows. Your
resolution will now be 640 X 480 and everything will appear very large. This
is normal for Standard VGA when the regular graphics drivers are not
installed.

Now, launch the downloaded graphics file and follow on-screen prompts. The
new drivers should install, at least as far as we know until you try it.