NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT driver cutting off edges on 70" HDTV

klysell

NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT driver cutting off edges on 70" HDTV
Hi,

Does anyone know how to fit a 70" screen using the above-noted driver
without cutting off the edges? I can't see the right-hand scroll bar and the
close (x) button, etc, on the top, right-hand edge of the screen. My
resolution is set to 1768 by 992 pixels, and if I move the resolution up or
down one setting, I either lose more of the edges of the screen or I have a
huge black bar around the edges of the screen (there's no exact setting with
prefectly fills out my 70" screen without losing the edges).

Thanks in advance,

--
Kent Lysell
Financial Consultant
JW

Re: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT driver cutting off edges on 70" HDTV
I think you will have to wait till custom timings are available with the
NVIDIA Vista drivers and then you can use either the NVIDIA or PowerStrip
custom timings to get a finer setting.

"klysell" <klysell@hotmail.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Does anyone know how to fit a 70" screen using the above-noted driver
> without cutting off the edges? I can't see the right-hand scroll bar and
> the
> close (x) button, etc, on the top, right-hand edge of the screen. My
> resolution is set to 1768 by 992 pixels, and if I move the resolution up
> or
> down one setting, I either lose more of the edges of the screen or I have
> huge black bar around the edges of the screen (there's no exact setting
> with
> prefectly fills out my 70" screen without losing the edges).
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> --
> Kent Lysell
> Financial Consultant
> Ottawa, Ontario
> W: 613.943.9098

klysell

Re: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT driver cutting off edges on 70" HDTV
Thanks. I just remembered that my screen used to be flush with the PC video
output, and this changed when I used the Windows Media Centre's monitor
setting procedures to adjust my screen. I can't seem to get back into this
setting in the Windows Media Centre program. Do you or anyone else know how
to re-establish this proprietary monitor calibration procedure within this
program? It seems to override my NVIDIA driver settings....

Thanks,
--
Kent Lysell
Financial Consultant

"JW" wrote:

> I think you will have to wait till custom timings are available with the
> NVIDIA Vista drivers and then you can use either the NVIDIA or PowerStrip
> custom timings to get a finer setting.
>
> "klysell" <klysell@hotmail.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > Does anyone know how to fit a 70" screen using the above-noted driver
> > without cutting off the edges? I can't see the right-hand scroll bar and
> > the
> > close (x) button, etc, on the top, right-hand edge of the screen. My
> > resolution is set to 1768 by 992 pixels, and if I move the resolution up
> > or
> > down one setting, I either lose more of the edges of the screen or I have
> > huge black bar around the edges of the screen (there's no exact setting
> > with
> > prefectly fills out my 70" screen without losing the edges).
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > --
> > Kent Lysell
> > Financial Consultant
> > Ottawa, Ontario
> > W: 613.943.9098

klysell

Re: NVIDIA GeForce 7300 GT driver cutting off edges on 70" HDTV
Ok, I managed to find the setting feature in Windows Media Centre, but the
real trick that enabled me to change the viewable screen to be able to view
the edges was my TV's native screen settings. Problem solved!
--
Kent Lysell
Financial Consultant