HX2495B

Mike

HX2495B
Ok, My Ipaq worked great on XP. Now I done a clean install of Vista. I have
done everything and the unit will not connect. In control pannel, it is
showing that the drivers are not installed or that they are not the correct
drivers. I have contacted HP and they tell me to go to Microsoft for the
drivers. I emailed Microsoft and they are telling me to go to HP. I have
followed every step of uninstalling in add and remove. Have the unit on and
reinstall everything and it will still not connect. HP is saying that they
do not support Vista in chat, but their website does not say that. Can
anyone help me get it connected please.

--
Mike
freddy

RE: HX2495B
Mike,

If HP has no Vista compatible driver available, I doubt that Microsoft will
be stepping in to take HPs place.
--
freddy

"Mike" wrote:

> Ok, My Ipaq worked great on XP. Now I done a clean install of Vista. I have
> done everything and the unit will not connect. In control pannel, it is
> showing that the drivers are not installed or that they are not the correct
> drivers. I have contacted HP and they tell me to go to Microsoft for the
> drivers. I emailed Microsoft and they are telling me to go to HP. I have
> followed every step of uninstalling in add and remove. Have the unit on and
> reinstall everything and it will still not connect. HP is saying that they
> do not support Vista in chat, but their website does not say that. Can
> anyone help me get it connected please.
>
> --
> Mike

Mike

RE: HX2495B
Hello Michael, My name is Alan
Thank you for contacting Hewlett-Packard's Commercial Solutions Center.
The device drivers are integrated in the synchronization software.

so can anyone help me?
--
Mike

"freddy" wrote:

> Mike,
>
> If HP has no Vista compatible driver available, I doubt that Microsoft will
> be stepping in to take HPs place.
> --
> freddy
>

> "Mike" wrote:
>
> > Ok, My Ipaq worked great on XP. Now I done a clean install of Vista. I have
> > done everything and the unit will not connect. In control pannel, it is
> > showing that the drivers are not installed or that they are not the correct
> > drivers. I have contacted HP and they tell me to go to Microsoft for the
> > drivers. I emailed Microsoft and they are telling me to go to HP. I have
> > followed every step of uninstalling in add and remove. Have the unit on and
> > reinstall everything and it will still not connect. HP is saying that they
> > do not support Vista in chat, but their website does not say that. Can
> > anyone help me get it connected please.
> >
> > --
> > Mike

freddy

RE: HX2495B
Mike,

You should have stated it that way in the first place. I'll leave the
answer to that for someone who knows about integrating drivers in the
synchronization software. I'm not familiar with that process.
--
freddy

"Mike" wrote:

> Hello Michael, My name is Alan
> Thank you for contacting Hewlett-Packard's Commercial Solutions Center.
> The device drivers are integrated in the synchronization software.
>
> so can anyone help me?
> --
> Mike
>

> "freddy" wrote:
>
> > Mike,
> >
> > If HP has no Vista compatible driver available, I doubt that Microsoft will
> > be stepping in to take HPs place.
> > --
> > freddy
> >

> > "Mike" wrote:
> >
> > > Ok, My Ipaq worked great on XP. Now I done a clean install of Vista. I have
> > > done everything and the unit will not connect. In control pannel, it is
> > > showing that the drivers are not installed or that they are not the correct
> > > drivers. I have contacted HP and they tell me to go to Microsoft for the
> > > drivers. I emailed Microsoft and they are telling me to go to HP. I have
> > > followed every step of uninstalling in add and remove. Have the unit on and
> > > reinstall everything and it will still not connect. HP is saying that they
> > > do not support Vista in chat, but their website does not say that. Can
> > > anyone help me get it connected please.
> > >
> > > --
> > > Mike

Captain Roberts

Re: HX2495B
Mike, this might be of help to you:
http://www.lhotka.net/weblog/HowToSy...dowsVista.aspx

Captain Roberts

Carlos

RE: HX2495B
Mike:
I think this is what you are looking for.
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobi...icecenter.mspx
Just follow the MS instructions and download the right version for your
Vista (x86 or x64).
Carlos