Nvidea's update disabling network mapping ability. Now what?

MAJON322

Nvidea's update disabling network mapping ability. Now what?
Now that we all know about the optional update throwing a wrench in our
mapping the various ethernet connections, what do i do now? Is there an
alternet option or can i not advance my quest for better, faster connections?
Also i've gotten my displayed avg. download speed up to about 130 KBps on
files of about 250 MB in size, i'm running vista H.P. 32 bit on a pavilion
entertainment pc through a 10/100 switch to a linksys wrtg54gs router and
finally out through a cable dsl modem at supposedly a GB broadband
connection. NOW can anyone offer any info on if/how i can increase this
speed (ie duplex settings, hardware vs. software flow control etc...
thanx y'all
freddy

RE: Nvidea's update disabling network mapping ability. Now what?
MAJON322 and All,

Can somebody explain this post so that I can understand it?
--
freddy

"MAJON322" wrote:

> Now that we all know about the optional update throwing a wrench in our
> mapping the various ethernet connections, what do i do now? Is there an
> alternet option or can i not advance my quest for better, faster connections?
> Also i've gotten my displayed avg. download speed up to about 130 KBps on
> files of about 250 MB in size, i'm running vista H.P. 32 bit on a pavilion
> entertainment pc through a 10/100 switch to a linksys wrtg54gs router and
> finally out through a cable dsl modem at supposedly a GB broadband
> connection. NOW can anyone offer any info on if/how i can increase this
> speed (ie duplex settings, hardware vs. software flow control etc...
> thanx y'all

Charlie Tame

freddy wrote:
> MAJON322 and All,
>
> Can somebody explain this post so that I can understand it?

I can certainly explain why you can't understand it, it's because you're
a dumbass.
Charlie Tame

MAJON322 wrote:
> Now that we all know about the optional update throwing a wrench in our
> mapping the various ethernet connections, what do i do now? Is there an
> alternet option or can i not advance my quest for better, faster connections?
> Also i've gotten my displayed avg. download speed up to about 130 KBps on
> files of about 250 MB in size, i'm running vista H.P. 32 bit on a pavilion
> entertainment pc through a 10/100 switch to a linksys wrtg54gs router and
> finally out through a cable dsl modem at supposedly a GB broadband
> connection. NOW can anyone offer any info on if/how i can increase this
> speed (ie duplex settings, hardware vs. software flow control etc...
> thanx y'all

Haven't seen any previous posts so are you actually cable or DSL?

There appear to be three main forms of "Liar" - in order they are
politicians, lawyers and ISPs

ISPs have an "UP TO" disclaimer with everything.

I do not like Linksys '54gs much anyway but why the switch as well? Is
this setup something that was achieving better speeds before?

Obviously there's potential for delay in every extra bit of equipment in
the path - and if you are testing using a browser you might try a
different one. With the other things most modern equipment probably has
the best all purpose defaults.

"If" you can bypass the switch and the router for tests consider doing
so. Also cycle power on everything if you don't normally switch off at
night etc.
JW

Re: Nvidea's update disabling network mapping ability. Now what?
Is it any better if you bypass the switch and go straight to the router?
What exactly did a Nvidia update cause to happen I have not read any other
posts on this problem in this Newsgroup?
"MAJON322" <MAJON322@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Now that we all know about the optional update throwing a wrench in our
> mapping the various ethernet connections, what do i do now? Is there an
> alternet option or can i not advance my quest for better, faster
> connections?
> Also i've gotten my displayed avg. download speed up to about 130 KBps on
> files of about 250 MB in size, i'm running vista H.P. 32 bit on a pavilion
> entertainment pc through a 10/100 switch to a linksys wrtg54gs router and
> finally out through a cable dsl modem at supposedly a GB broadband
> connection. NOW can anyone offer any info on if/how i can increase
> this
> speed (ie duplex settings, hardware vs. software flow control etc...
> thanx y'all

freddy

Re: Nvidea's update disabling network mapping ability. Now what?
That's quite a hostile, undignified, and unprofessional response, and is
totally uncalled for.
--
freddy