No right-click

lloydmorin

No right-click
I cannot use the right-click to display a shortcut menu. The right mouse
button on my laptop is still functioning, if I change to the left hand
setting it behaves normaly but then the other button does not work to display
a shortcut menu. Have I some how disabled right-clicking? How do I enable it
again?
freddy

RE: No right-click
lloydmorin,

Another poster offered this observation a few days ago: Do you have a
microphone hooked up to your computer? Is it turned on? Voice recognition
software often produces random mouse/keyboard input.

--
freddy

"lloydmorin" wrote:

> I cannot use the right-click to display a shortcut menu. The right mouse
> button on my laptop is still functioning, if I change to the left hand
> setting it behaves normaly but then the other button does not work to display
> a shortcut menu. Have I some how disabled right-clicking? How do I enable it
> again?

freddy

RE: No right-click
lloydmorin,

Here is a Microsoft article about troubleshooting mouse issues:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/932653/

If nothing in the article applies to your situation, and if you can't
resolve your problem here on this forum, try using google to search for links
to fixing mouse problems.
--
freddy

"lloydmorin" wrote:

> I cannot use the right-click to display a shortcut menu. The right mouse
> button on my laptop is still functioning, if I change to the left hand
> setting it behaves normaly but then the other button does not work to display
> a shortcut menu. Have I some how disabled right-clicking? How do I enable it
> again?

lloydmorin

RE: No right-click
No, I don't have a microphone. I am not finding anything on the microsoft
site at all. I will try google, thanks. I am really excited to browse the
internet for hours and hours. (not really)

"freddy" wrote:

> lloydmorin,
>
> Another poster offered this observation a few days ago: Do you have a
> microphone hooked up to your computer? Is it turned on? Voice recognition
> software often produces random mouse/keyboard input.
>
> --
> freddy
>

> "lloydmorin" wrote:
>
> > I cannot use the right-click to display a shortcut menu. The right mouse
> > button on my laptop is still functioning, if I change to the left hand
> > setting it behaves normaly but then the other button does not work to display
> > a shortcut menu. Have I some how disabled right-clicking? How do I enable it
> > again?

JW

Re: No right-click
What exactly do you mean by a shortcut menu? Please provide some examples
of what you are trying to right click to get a shortcut menu.
"lloydmorin" <lloydmorin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> No, I don't have a microphone. I am not finding anything on the microsoft
> site at all. I will try google, thanks. I am really excited to browse the
> internet for hours and hours. (not really)
>
> "freddy" wrote:
>
>> lloydmorin,
>>
>> Another poster offered this observation a few days ago: Do you have a
>> microphone hooked up to your computer? Is it turned on? Voice
>> recognition
>> software often produces random mouse/keyboard input.
>>
>> --
>> freddy
>>

>> "lloydmorin" wrote:
>>
>> > I cannot use the right-click to display a shortcut menu. The right
>> > mouse
>> > button on my laptop is still functioning, if I change to the left hand
>> > setting it behaves normaly but then the other button does not work to
>> > display
>> > a shortcut menu. Have I some how disabled right-clicking? How do I
>> > enable it
>> > again?

lloydmorin

Re: No right-click
When I right-click my desktop nothing happens, or when I right-click things
in my taskbar, icons, links, things on all websites, & etc... I have been
searching on google. I find my post on this site quite easily, but not much
else. My partner claims he can fix it for me, ha ha we will see... I will
post any solutions we can come up with, in the meantime any suggestions would
be appreciated.
"JW" wrote:

> What exactly do you mean by a shortcut menu? Please provide some examples
> of what you are trying to right click to get a shortcut menu.

JW

Re: No right-click
I suggest you do a Safe Mode boot using F8 and then run a full antivirus and
and anti spyware run since it appears that some virus may be capturing you
right click and is ignoring it.

> When I right-click my desktop nothing happens, or when I right-click
> things
> in my taskbar, icons, links, things on all websites, & etc... I have been
> searching on google. I find my post on this site quite easily, but not
> much
> else. My partner claims he can fix it for me, ha ha we will see... I will
> post any solutions we can come up with, in the meantime any suggestions
> would
> be appreciated.
> "JW" wrote:
>
>> What exactly do you mean by a shortcut menu? Please provide some
>> examples
>> of what you are trying to right click to get a shortcut menu.

JW

Re: No right-click
Another thought it may be the mouse. Have you tried another mouse?
If a USB mouse have you tried a different USB port?