Can't get my system to recognise my monitor correctly

superfleish

Can't get my system to recognise my monitor correctly

I upgraded to Vista yesterday, and initially the display on my MAG
Innovision widescreen monitor was unchanged. I then downloaded updates,
and it no longer recognized it as widescreen. I can adjust the
resolution, but that looks like crap. I can't seem to find any drivers
that are compatible with Vista. What do I do?

--
superfleish
JW

Re: Can't get my system to recognise my monitor correctly
Did you download updates from Win update or from the vendor of your video
card?

"superfleish" <superfleish6@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> I upgraded to Vista yesterday, and initially the display on my MAG
> Innovision widescreen monitor was unchanged. I then downloaded updates,
> and it no longer recognized it as widescreen. I can adjust the
> resolution, but that looks like crap. I can't seem to find any drivers
> that are compatible with Vista. What do I do?
>

> --
> superfleish

Don

superfleish wrote:
> I upgraded to Vista yesterday, and initially the display on my MAG
> Innovision widescreen monitor was unchanged. I then downloaded updates,
> and it no longer recognized it as widescreen. I can adjust the
> resolution, but that looks like crap. I can't seem to find any drivers
> that are compatible with Vista. What do I do?

No promises, but you might try this as an experiment: go to the
Device Manager and double-click on the icon which represents your
monitor/display. There should be an option in there somewhere to
revert to the previous driver (assuming that the Vista updates
installed a new driver, which may not be the case). If this
trick does fix the problem then be sure to make a note of which
drivers actually work properly, for future reference.

superfleish

Re: Can't get my system to recognise my monitor correctly

Never mind. I thought I installed the updated driver for the video card,
but apparently, it didn't take. Went and reinstalled it and it worked.

--
superfleish
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Can't get my system to recognise my monitor correctly
It won't be recognized correctly until you have the correct drivers for your
graphics card from the graphics card manufacturer's website.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows