Problem with Epson CX5000 Scanner Driver

harmonp

Problem with Epson CX5000 Scanner Driver
When I try to install a Vista 32bit driver for the CX5000 All-In-One Epson
Scanner (downloaded from Epson), I get the following message:
Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your
device. Windows found driver software for your device, but encountered an
error while attempting to install it. EPSON CX4900/CX5000/DX5000. The
system cannot find the file specified.

I have tried every possible way to install this driver with no success. I
have even downloaded the driver numerous times to try again. Epson tech rep
tried, too, but gave up and told me to contact Microsoft.

The downloaded Vista driver for the printer portion of the Epson CX5000
installed correctly. Only the scanner driver didn't install properly.
freddy

RE: Problem with Epson CX5000 Scanner Driver
harmonp,

I'm assuming that the printer is working properly, but that only the scanner
part isn't working. If that's correct, and if you don't get your scanner to
function, I think you can buy scanner driver/software for your combo model to
get it to work in Vista.

I think Microsoft (Vista) changed the scanning technology from that used in
prior versions of Windows, meaning that older technology scanners may not
work in Vista, because the Vista compatible software needed to make them work
hasn't been supplied. I don't know about the exact changes made, but it has
something to do with Twain technology. I'll leave the details up to others
to explain.

My whole purpose in making this post is to say that I checked the site that
sells drivers/software for scanners that have no Vista drivers. This site
has Vista drivers for over 700 scanners, including an Epson Stylus CX5000.
You can double check here:

http://hamrick.com/

The only downside is the the driver/software package costs $40. I had to
use it for my old scanner, and it works good in Vista for me. Just thought
you'd like to know.
--
freddy

"harmonp" wrote:

> When I try to install a Vista 32bit driver for the CX5000 All-In-One Epson
> Scanner (downloaded from Epson), I get the following message:
> Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your
> device. Windows found driver software for your device, but encountered an
> error while attempting to install it. EPSON CX4900/CX5000/DX5000. The
> system cannot find the file specified.
>
> I have tried every possible way to install this driver with no success. I
> have even downloaded the driver numerous times to try again. Epson tech rep
> tried, too, but gave up and told me to contact Microsoft.
>
> The downloaded Vista driver for the printer portion of the Epson CX5000
> installed correctly. Only the scanner driver didn't install properly.

harmonp

RE: Problem with Epson CX5000 Scanner Driver
Thank you for the information. I tried VueScan, but unfortunately it
couldn't find a scanner on my system. I contacted the author and he said the
Epson CX5000 scanner driver had to be present for VueScan to work. That
leaves me with the same problem. The Epson Vista driver for the scanner
(new) won't install. VueScan was certainly worth a try, and would seem to be
a valuable program in most instances. I like the Epson CX5000 all-in-one
because it prints photos well and the scanner does work from the printer
control to easily make copies. I may just buy a separate scanner and hope I
can make it work.

"freddy" wrote:

> harmonp,
>
> I'm assuming that the printer is working properly, but that only the scanner
> part isn't working. If that's correct, and if you don't get your scanner to
> function, I think you can buy scanner driver/software for your combo model to
> get it to work in Vista.
>
> I think Microsoft (Vista) changed the scanning technology from that used in
> prior versions of Windows, meaning that older technology scanners may not
> work in Vista, because the Vista compatible software needed to make them work
> hasn't been supplied. I don't know about the exact changes made, but it has
> something to do with Twain technology. I'll leave the details up to others
> to explain.
>
> My whole purpose in making this post is to say that I checked the site that
> sells drivers/software for scanners that have no Vista drivers. This site
> has Vista drivers for over 700 scanners, including an Epson Stylus CX5000.
> You can double check here:
>
> http://hamrick.com/
>
> The only downside is the the driver/software package costs $40. I had to
> use it for my old scanner, and it works good in Vista for me. Just thought
> you'd like to know.
> --
> freddy
>

> "harmonp" wrote:
>
> > When I try to install a Vista 32bit driver for the CX5000 All-In-One Epson
> > Scanner (downloaded from Epson), I get the following message:
> > Windows encountered a problem installing the driver software for your
> > device. Windows found driver software for your device, but encountered an
> > error while attempting to install it. EPSON CX4900/CX5000/DX5000. The
> > system cannot find the file specified.
> >
> > I have tried every possible way to install this driver with no success. I
> > have even downloaded the driver numerous times to try again. Epson tech rep
> > tried, too, but gave up and told me to contact Microsoft.
> >
> > The downloaded Vista driver for the printer portion of the Epson CX5000
> > installed correctly. Only the scanner driver didn't install properly.

freddy

RE: Problem with Epson CX5000 Scanner Driver
harmonp,

That's a bummer, for sure.
--
freddy