HP Photosmart C6180 reloads driver on EVERY powerup

MS

HP Photosmart C6180 reloads driver on EVERY powerup
My HP printer and Windows Vista have a love-hate relationship. They
love ignoring each other because they hate me.

Every week there's a new problem with the HP driver. This week, I had
to reload the driver (which has always resulted in an error during
installation). The womderful surprise this week was that Vista now
reloads the driver every time the printer is powered on. I currently
only have one printer, however, Vista automatically adds another
printer each time the driver reloads.

PLEASE HELP!

freddy

RE: HP Photosmart C6180 reloads driver on EVERY powerup
MS,

I don't know whether you've seen and tried this step, but some folks have
had good fortune in resolving problems such as you have by deleting the
INFCACHE.1 file. It's located at C:\Windows\inf (scroll down to the file).
It's OK to delete the file even when it has nothing to do with the problem.
This procedure doesn't work for everybody, but you won't know until you try
it.
--
freddy

"MS" wrote:

> My HP printer and Windows Vista have a love-hate relationship. They
> love ignoring each other because they hate me.
>
> Every week there's a new problem with the HP driver. This week, I had
> to reload the driver (which has always resulted in an error during
> installation). The womderful surprise this week was that Vista now
> reloads the driver every time the printer is powered on. I currently
> only have one printer, however, Vista automatically adds another
> printer each time the driver reloads.
>
> PLEASE HELP!

MS

Re: HP Photosmart C6180 reloads driver on EVERY powerup
freddy,

What are the potential negative consequences of deleting this file?

MS

freddy

Re: HP Photosmart C6180 reloads driver on EVERY powerup
MS,

Quote "It's OK to delete the file even when it has nothing to do with the
problem."

--
freddy

"MS" wrote:

> freddy,
>
> What are the potential negative consequences of deleting this file?
>
> MS

MS

Re: HP Photosmart C6180 reloads driver on EVERY powerup
I deleted the file and nothing has changed.

Any other ideas?

freddy

Re: HP Photosmart C6180 reloads driver on EVERY powerup
MS,

The only idea I can come up with at this time is to try HP support for
assistance. It just could be that they have had this problem before, and
have a solution for it. It doesn't hurt to ask. It's not clear to me whether
this problem is related to a Vista issue or to a HP software issue.
--
freddy

"MS" wrote:

> I deleted the file and nothing has changed.
>
> Any other ideas?

chris

Re: HP Photosmart C6180 reloads driver on EVERY powerup
i have been having the same problem with my printer driver and vista it wants
to reload like its never been installed i have a hp 7160 printer and it
does the same exact thing im getting tired of trying to fix it everyother
day it seems any ideas? someone please help

"MS" wrote:

> I deleted the file and nothing has changed.
>
> Any other ideas?

SizzlerS is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MS View Post
My HP printer and Windows Vista have a love-hate relationship. They
love ignoring each other because they hate me.

Every week there's a new problem with the HP driver. This week, I had
to reload the driver (which has always resulted in an error during
installation). The womderful surprise this week was that Vista now
reloads the driver every time the printer is powered on. I currently
only have one printer, however, Vista automatically adds another
printer each time the driver reloads.

PLEASE HELP!
This is Re-Occuring issue with Vista O/S. To Resolve this Issue Quickly, Reload the HP Drivers and Open Services.msc ( START - Services.msc ) and disable HP Cue DeviceDiscovery.

This will Resolve the Issue.