Xbox 360 HDDVD Player wont install in Vista Ultimate....

coolchris

Xbox 360 HDDVD Player wont install in Vista Ultimate....
OK. Windows Update cant find the driver! Installs all drivers for the USB
ports etc, but not the crucial driver for the player itself.
Anyone have a link to a driver so I can manually install it?
This is wierd as I had it working before, so something has gone missing, or
blocking somehow.
Help!
freddy

RE: Xbox 360 HDDVD Player wont install in Vista Ultimate....
coolchris,

I'm assuming you're wanting to connect the Xbox 360 HD DVD player to your
PC, right? If my conclusion is correct, then the following should be
relevant to your question (per article I copied from the Internet):

"Note: Microsoft didn't market the Xbox 360 HD DVD player to work with PCs,
nor does it officially support PC connectivity, but there are reports on the
Web that you can indeed hack the player to work with a PC. However, on top of
a set of Windows drivers, you'll also need a copy of DVD playback software,
such as WinDVD8, that supports playback of HD DVD discs."

If this is relevant to what your asking, then a search on the Internet
should locate what you're looking for. That's my take on it.
--
freddy

"coolchris" wrote:

> OK. Windows Update cant find the driver! Installs all drivers for the USB
> ports etc, but not the crucial driver for the player itself.
> Anyone have a link to a driver so I can manually install it?
> This is wierd as I had it working before, so something has gone missing, or
> blocking somehow.
> Help!

coolchris

RE: Xbox 360 HDDVD Player wont install in Vista Ultimate....
Yep, you are right. I have already managed to connect it about 6 months ago
to Vista Ultimate Pc, but now it does not want to know for some reason. Vista
does have the drivers as part of the OS packaged, but for some reason it wont
pick up anymore.

"freddy" wrote:

> coolchris,
>
> I'm assuming you're wanting to connect the Xbox 360 HD DVD player to your
> PC, right? If my conclusion is correct, then the following should be
> relevant to your question (per article I copied from the Internet):
>
> "Note: Microsoft didn't market the Xbox 360 HD DVD player to work with PCs,
> nor does it officially support PC connectivity, but there are reports on the
> Web that you can indeed hack the player to work with a PC. However, on top of
> a set of Windows drivers, you'll also need a copy of DVD playback software,
> such as WinDVD8, that supports playback of HD DVD discs."
>
> If this is relevant to what your asking, then a search on the Internet
> should locate what you're looking for. That's my take on it.
> --
> freddy
>

> "coolchris" wrote:
>
> > OK. Windows Update cant find the driver! Installs all drivers for the USB
> > ports etc, but not the crucial driver for the player itself.
> > Anyone have a link to a driver so I can manually install it?
> > This is wierd as I had it working before, so something has gone missing, or
> > blocking somehow.
> > Help!

Grae

Re: Xbox 360 HDDVD Player wont install in Vista Ultimate....
Yep I just dropped a disk in mine and started it up to make sure I hadn't
scored a recent update that had killed it, but no, all is still fine. I'm
running xbox360 hd-dvd drive with Vista64 Ultimate and sorry, I got its
drivers from Windows Update so dont have any stored to be able to give you.

A thought is to uninstall the usb drivers for it, then reboot windows with
it unplugged, and only plug it in when loading is completed. See if Windows
will pick it up as "new hardware" and get it drivers from Windows Update
anew. << if you haven't already tried it a few times.

I can't see any vista drivers around for download either.

Good luck,

Graeme

"coolchris" <coolchris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Yep, you are right. I have already managed to connect it about 6 months
> ago
> to Vista Ultimate Pc, but now it does not want to know for some reason.
> Vista
> does have the drivers as part of the OS packaged, but for some reason it
> wont
> pick up anymore.
>
> "freddy" wrote:
>
>> coolchris,
>>
>> I'm assuming you're wanting to connect the Xbox 360 HD DVD player to your
>> PC, right? If my conclusion is correct, then the following should be
>> relevant to your question (per article I copied from the Internet):
>>
>> "Note: Microsoft didn't market the Xbox 360 HD DVD player to work with
>> PCs,
>> nor does it officially support PC connectivity, but there are reports on
>> the
>> Web that you can indeed hack the player to work with a PC. However, on
>> top of
>> a set of Windows drivers, you'll also need a copy of DVD playback
>> software,
>> such as WinDVD8, that supports playback of HD DVD discs."
>>
>> If this is relevant to what your asking, then a search on the Internet
>> should locate what you're looking for. That's my take on it.
>> --
>> freddy
>>

>> "coolchris" wrote:
>>
>> > OK. Windows Update cant find the driver! Installs all drivers for the
>> > USB
>> > ports etc, but not the crucial driver for the player itself.
>> > Anyone have a link to a driver so I can manually install it?
>> > This is wierd as I had it working before, so something has gone
>> > missing, or
>> > blocking somehow.
>> > Help!

coolchris

Re: Xbox 360 HDDVD Player wont install in Vista Ultimate....
Yes, I cannot find any drivers on the net at all..thats wierd. Could you tell
me where the usb drivers are? System32.?

ANY MVP'S KNOW ABOUT THIS PLEASE..HELP! ITS DRIVING ME NUTS.....