Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

problems with the mouse/trackball

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-13-2007
ed
 

Posts: n/a
problems with the mouse/trackball
Hello: I seem to have problems with the pointer jumping about in vista.
When I first installed vista I had my trackball plugged into the ps2 plug
with an adapter, That was much worse then it is with just using my usb port,
but it still jumps about.... I just bought halo2 and the trackball/mouse
configuration of the game is really lousy, movement is cut way, way down, it
wants to zoom in all by itself constantly, and in the middle of a fire fight
the point of view will jump about on its own again.
This problem is with vista not the controller, my trackball works just fine
with my xp system, and dident start till I installed vista.
Saw the other post's and to my line of thinking it does no good to send
people to a link that say's there's a hotfix avalible but you can't get it
without paying microsoft for it.
that to me stinks!
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-13-2007
Don
 

Posts: n/a
Re: problems with the mouse/trackball
ed wrote:
> ...it does no good to send
> people to a link that say's there's a hotfix avalible but you can't get it
> without paying microsoft for it...


Sorry, I'm confused by that statement. Who/where/why is anyone asking
you for money to get a hotfix? Details might help.



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-13-2007
ed
 

Posts: n/a
Re: problems with the mouse/trackball
checkout the post:Keyboard and Mouse and follow the link, and read it!

"Don" wrote:

> ed wrote:
> > ...it does no good to send
> > people to a link that say's there's a hotfix avalible but you can't get it
> > without paying microsoft for it...

>
> Sorry, I'm confused by that statement. Who/where/why is anyone asking
> you for money to get a hotfix? Details might help.
>
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-13-2007
freddy
 

Posts: n/a
Re: problems with the mouse/trackball
ed,

I know which link your referring to, but I didn't follow it through to the
point of actually seeing the comment about charging for the hot fix. Even
so, I doubt that Microsoft will charge you for a hot fix, if your entitled to
it. Words cautioning people that a charge may be affixed for support doesn't
necessarily mean that you will be charged. Such wording is intended to
discourage frivolous queries. That's my opinion. Go ahead to determine
whether hot fix applies to your situation.
--
freddy


"ed" wrote:

> checkout the post:Keyboard and Mouse and follow the link, and read it!
>
> "Don" wrote:
>
> > ed wrote:
> > > ...it does no good to send
> > > people to a link that say's there's a hotfix avalible but you can't get it
> > > without paying microsoft for it...

> >
> > Sorry, I'm confused by that statement. Who/where/why is anyone asking
> > you for money to get a hotfix? Details might help.
> >
> >
> >
> >

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-13-2007
Cal Bear '66
 

Posts: n/a
Re: problems with the mouse/trackball
Hot fixes are FREE -- follow the instructions on the page

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!


"ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0944C6F6-EEE7-43D2-9366-CDDE63D67B32@microsoft.com...
> Hello: I seem to have problems with the pointer jumping about in vista.
> When I first installed vista I had my trackball plugged into the ps2 plug
> with an adapter, That was much worse then it is with just using my usb port,
> but it still jumps about.... I just bought halo2 and the trackball/mouse
> configuration of the game is really lousy, movement is cut way, way down, it
> wants to zoom in all by itself constantly, and in the middle of a fire fight
> the point of view will jump about on its own again.
> This problem is with vista not the controller, my trackball works just fine
> with my xp system, and dident start till I installed vista.
> Saw the other post's and to my line of thinking it does no good to send
> people to a link that say's there's a hotfix avalible but you can't get it
> without paying microsoft for it.
> that to me stinks!



Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-13-2007
JerryM
 

Posts: n/a
Re: problems with the mouse/trackball
Ed,
I'm using a Logitech Trackball too and every couple of months or so I have
to remove the ball and clean out the accumulated lint covering up the laser
window.
If not, mine hangs and jump all over the screen.
Something to think about.

--

Jerry

One thing money can't buy,
The wagging tail of a dog.

"ed" <ed@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0944C6F6-EEE7-43D2-9366-CDDE63D67B32@microsoft.com...
> Hello: I seem to have problems with the pointer jumping about in vista.
> When I first installed vista I had my trackball plugged into the ps2 plug
> with an adapter, That was much worse then it is with just using my usb
> port,
> but it still jumps about.... I just bought halo2 and the trackball/mouse
> configuration of the game is really lousy, movement is cut way, way down,
> it
> wants to zoom in all by itself constantly, and in the middle of a fire
> fight
> the point of view will jump about on its own again.
> This problem is with vista not the controller, my trackball works just
> fine
> with my xp system, and dident start till I installed vista.
> Saw the other post's and to my line of thinking it does no good to send
> people to a link that say's there's a hotfix avalible but you can't get it
> without paying microsoft for it.
> that to me stinks!


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mouse problems with Vista and laptops? Steve Maser microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 5 02-20-2009 07:19
Bluetooth problems with Microsoft keyboard / mouse SC microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 5 11-20-2008 02:20
Mouse button problems with Vista Tom Fellows microsoft.public.windows.vista.games 0 04-10-2007 14:16
trackball optical =?Utf-8?B?Z29yZG9uY2xhbXA=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 2 03-21-2007 00:34
Logitech trackball Jr microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 1 02-15-2007 03:02




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:17.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120