Digital video recorder connection

dorno

Digital video recorder connection
My computer is not recognizing my digital vider camcorder when i plug it in
through a USB port. i am running the current version of Vista, but its not
even identifying it as new hardware.
Mac

Re: Digital video recorder connection
Camera Make/Model? Is the camera switched on when you connect via USB?

"dorno" <dorno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer is not recognizing my digital vider camcorder when i plug it
> in
> through a USB port. i am running the current version of Vista, but its
> not
> even identifying it as new hardware.

JW

Re: Digital video recorder connection
Have you installed the Vista software that came with you camcorder or that
was available from your camcorders website.prior to connecting the
camcorder.
I recently purchased a DV camcorder only to find that its software was not
supported in Vista so I i returned it.
"dorno" <dorno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer is not recognizing my digital vider camcorder when i plug it
> in
> through a USB port. i am running the current version of Vista, but its
> not
> even identifying it as new hardware.

Mac

Re: Digital video recorder connection
If it's a USB connection it won't require any special software to connect.
But my camera (at least) needs to be switched on.

"JW" <JW@nospam.nspam> wrote in message
> Have you installed the Vista software that came with you camcorder or that
> was available from your camcorders website.prior to connecting the
> camcorder.
> I recently purchased a DV camcorder only to find that its software was
> not supported in Vista so I i returned it.
> "dorno" <dorno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> My computer is not recognizing my digital vider camcorder when i plug it
>> in
>> through a USB port. i am running the current version of Vista, but its
>> not
>> even identifying it as new hardware.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Digital video recorder connection
You will find Windows Movie Maker is only designed to import digital video
through a firewire connection. USB connection will only import analog video.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"dorno" <dorno@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> My computer is not recognizing my digital vider camcorder when i plug it
> in
> through a USB port. i am running the current version of Vista, but its
> not
> even identifying it as new hardware.

dl8esman119

RE: Digital video recorder connection
I'm having the same problem. I was able to do it just fine in my old XP
machine, but when I plug my Panasonic PV-GS85 into my Vista machine via USB
it says it could not find a compatible digital video device. In my case it
identified it as new hardware the first time, but now it just makes a noise
to let me know I plugged it in. Help would be greatly appreciated.

"dorno" wrote:

> My computer is not recognizing my digital vider camcorder when i plug it in
> through a USB port. i am running the current version of Vista, but its not
> even identifying it as new hardware.

Cal Bear '66

Re: Digital video recorder connection
You will have to get Vista drivers from Panasonic to enable the USB connection
to be recognized. Does the camera have a firewire port? Vista should natively
recognize the firewire connection.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!