Beeping computer while using Keyboard

Paul

Beeping computer while using Keyboard
While typing, my computer unit makes a single bleep (not from my speakers)
sound every so often, and for whichever key i have last pressed it is as if
it is being held down. For example if I had last pressed d it would come out
as ddddddddddddddddd... etc. This is not a problem with my specific keyboard
as I have tried with various ones (2 logitechs and a Trust keyboard). I am
using a brand new pc with Windows Vista OS. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks
Mac

Re: Beeping computer while using Keyboard
The sound is coming from your computers internal speaker - and not via your
sound card and external speakers as you note. It is some form of system
alert.

Make/model of PC?

> While typing, my computer unit makes a single bleep (not from my speakers)
> sound every so often, and for whichever key i have last pressed it is as
> if
> it is being held down. For example if I had last pressed d it would come
> out
> as ddddddddddddddddd... etc. This is not a problem with my specific
> keyboard
> as I have tried with various ones (2 logitechs and a Trust keyboard). I am
> using a brand new pc with Windows Vista OS. Any help would be appreciated.
> thanks

Rick Rogers

Re: Beeping computer while using Keyboard
Hi Paul,

The beep is an indicator of a hardware error. As this a new machine, call
the manufacturer as this will be covered by the warranty. Likely a bad port
on the motherboard or similar and it will need to be replaced.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org