Floppy drives supported by Vista 64?

Trond Ruud

Floppy drives supported by Vista 64?
For various reasons, I would like to have a floppy drive, but have been
unable to find any with a Vista 64 driver, so I wondered if there are any
floppy drives that have native Vista 64 support? Or if anybody here
know of a floppy drive with a working Vista 64 driver?
Trond Ruud,
Norway

freddy

RE: Floppy drives supported by Vista 64?
Trond Ruud,

That's the first time I've heard that Vista 64 doesn't support floppy
drives. Until now, I've believed that all versions of Vista had native
support for floppy drives. Are you sure? From where did you hear this? I
running Vista 32 with a floppy installed (works well), but I'm always ready
to learn something.
--
freddy

"Trond Ruud" wrote:

> For various reasons, I would like to have a floppy drive, but have been
> unable to find any with a Vista 64 driver, so I wondered if there are any
> floppy drives that have native Vista 64 support? Or if anybody here
> know of a floppy drive with a working Vista 64 driver?
> Trond Ruud,
> Norway

Dave B.

Re: Floppy drives supported by Vista 64?
I'd be curious as to what your basing this lack of floppy support on?

--
----
"Trond Ruud" <troruud@broadpark.no> wrote in message
> For various reasons, I would like to have a floppy drive, but have been
> unable to find any with a Vista 64 driver, so I wondered if there are any
> floppy drives that have native Vista 64 support? Or if anybody here know
> of a floppy drive with a working Vista 64 driver?
> Trond Ruud,
> Norway

Telstar

Re: Floppy drives supported by Vista 64?

Of course they work. The drivers are built in.

--
Telstar
Telstar's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=26577

http://forums.techarena.in

Trond Ruud

Re: Floppy drives supported by Vista 64?
The biggest local online dealer olists"freddy" <fkirschen@tidalwave.net>
wrote in message news:3BC13CEE-1848-4F18-B738-3988FBD058D4@microsoft.com...
> Trond Ruud,
>
> That's the first time I've heard that Vista 64 doesn't support floppy
> drives. Until now, I've believed that all versions of Vista had native
> support for floppy drives. Are you sure? From where did you hear this?
> running Vista 32 with a floppy installed (works well), but I'm always
> ready
> to learn something.
> --
> freddy

No one said it doesn't but the drives I've checked doesn't mention Vista 64
as a supported system, so I wondered what to buy, or rather - not to buy.
The biggest local online dealer lists only Windows XP Home Edition,
Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Windows 98/ME/2000 as supported
systems for the Sony MPF 920-Z - Floppy station. No mention of either 32 or
64 bits Vista:
http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=114711
Trond Ruud

freddy

Re: Floppy drives supported by Vista 64?
Trond Ruud,

Those sites simply haven't updated their information. The support for
floppy drives is built-in to Vista and the drives haven't changed. The
drives don't need to change, as Vista takes care of it.
--
freddy

"Trond Ruud" wrote:

> The biggest local online dealer olists"freddy" <fkirschen@tidalwave.net>
> wrote in message news:3BC13CEE-1848-4F18-B738-3988FBD058D4@microsoft.com...
> > Trond Ruud,
> >
> > That's the first time I've heard that Vista 64 doesn't support floppy
> > drives. Until now, I've believed that all versions of Vista had native
> > support for floppy drives. Are you sure? From where did you hear this?
> > running Vista 32 with a floppy installed (works well), but I'm always
> > ready
> > to learn something.
> > --
> > freddy

> No one said it doesn't but the drives I've checked doesn't mention Vista 64
> as a supported system, so I wondered what to buy, or rather - not to buy.
> The biggest local online dealer lists only Windows XP Home Edition,
> Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Microsoft Windows 98/ME/2000 as supported
> systems for the Sony MPF 920-Z - Floppy station. No mention of either 32 or
> 64 bits Vista:
> http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=114711
> Trond Ruud

Telstar

freddy;2925485 Wrote:
> Trond Ruud,
>
> Those sites simply haven't updated their information. The support for
> floppy drives is built-in to Vista and the drives haven't changed.
> The
> drives don't need to change, as Vista takes care of it.

That is what i meant.

--
Telstar
Telstar's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=26577
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/showthread.php?t=764633

http://forums.techarena.in

freddy

RE: Floppy drives supported by Vista 64?
All,

For those who have no floppy drive support, either because of no support by
the motherboard or because of no floppy drive opening in the case, you can
use an external USB floppy drive with Vista. I'm using such a drive with my
Vista 32, and it works great. Lots of people still have a use for a floppy
drive.
--
freddy