help tell me why

wheelman

help tell me why
i bought vista home premium,i figure maybe 2007 microsoft,fianlly made one
that works right.not!!!! it want let me install my sprint cell phone soft
ware..so i can get on line.is this ever going to end,cant bill gates hire
people to finally get one right.not one os that works or does not have bugs.i
cant stand much more of this crap
Rick Rogers

Re: help tell me why
Hi,

Is your Sprint cellphone software Vista-compatible? You need to ask them,
and if it's not that is not Bill's fault. Sad fact is, many companies
doesn't immediately update their software when a new operating system is
released. Until they do, there is little you as the consumer can do about
it.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"wheelman" <wheelman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i bought vista home premium,i figure maybe 2007 microsoft,fianlly made one
> that works right.not!!!! it want let me install my sprint cell phone soft
> ware..so i can get on line.is this ever going to end,cant bill gates hire
> people to finally get one right.not one os that works or does not have
> bugs.i
> cant stand much more of this crap

wheelman

Re: help tell me why
why is microsoft,puting something in vista,to stop your software from
installing,when it worked for years in win xp..that makes no sense,is it that
they want to get paid.fixing a new os so your software want install,thats ass
backwards..makes no sense,why does microsoft have to be so greedy,to do
something like this.my software is not the problem,there os is..

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is your Sprint cellphone software Vista-compatible? You need to ask them,
> and if it's not that is not Bill's fault. Sad fact is, many companies
> doesn't immediately update their software when a new operating system is
> released. Until they do, there is little you as the consumer can do about
> it.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "wheelman" <wheelman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >i bought vista home premium,i figure maybe 2007 microsoft,fianlly made one
> > that works right.not!!!! it want let me install my sprint cell phone soft
> > ware..so i can get on line.is this ever going to end,cant bill gates hire
> > people to finally get one right.not one os that works or does not have
> > bugs.i
> > cant stand much more of this crap

freddy

Re: help tell me why
wheelman,

Parts from your old Ford won't work in your new Ford either. Is that
because Ford is greedy and doing things backwards, or is that the way we move
ahead to newer and higher levels? This principle applies to most things in
life, not just Windows.
--
freddy

"wheelman" wrote:

> why is microsoft,puting something in vista,to stop your software from
> installing,when it worked for years in win xp..that makes no sense,is it that
> they want to get paid.fixing a new os so your software want install,thats ass
> backwards..makes no sense,why does microsoft have to be so greedy,to do
> something like this.my software is not the problem,there os is..
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is your Sprint cellphone software Vista-compatible? You need to ask them,
> > and if it's not that is not Bill's fault. Sad fact is, many companies
> > doesn't immediately update their software when a new operating system is
> > released. Until they do, there is little you as the consumer can do about
> > it.
> >
> > --
> > Best of Luck,

> > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> > Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> > My thoughts http://rick-mvp.blogspot.com
> >
> > "wheelman" <wheelman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >i bought vista home premium,i figure maybe 2007 microsoft,fianlly made one
> > > that works right.not!!!! it want let me install my sprint cell phone soft
> > > ware..so i can get on line.is this ever going to end,cant bill gates hire
> > > people to finally get one right.not one os that works or does not have
> > > bugs.i
> > > cant stand much more of this crap

Rick Rogers

Re: help tell me why
Hi,

Freddy's analogy is a good one. Vista is a design change, as are most OS
version changes. Microsoft makes the SDK's and specifications for the
changes available for vendors to use and alter their distributions
accordingly. Whether or not each of them choose to is not within Microsoft's
realm of control.

--

> why is microsoft,puting something in vista,to stop your software from
> installing,when it worked for years in win xp..that makes no sense,is it
> that
> they want to get paid.fixing a new os so your software want install,thats
> ass
> backwards..makes no sense,why does microsoft have to be so greedy,to do
> something like this.my software is not the problem,there os is..
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Is your Sprint cellphone software Vista-compatible? You need to ask them,
>> and if it's not that is not Bill's fault. Sad fact is, many companies
>> doesn't immediately update their software when a new operating system is
>> released. Until they do, there is little you as the consumer can do about
>> it.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "wheelman" <wheelman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >i bought vista home premium,i figure maybe 2007 microsoft,fianlly made
>> >one
>> > that works right.not!!!! it want let me install my sprint cell phone
>> > soft
>> > ware..so i can get on line.is this ever going to end,cant bill gates
>> > hire
>> > people to finally get one right.not one os that works or does not have
>> > bugs.i
>> > cant stand much more of this crap

wheelman

Re: help tell me why
so its like microsoft wants to get paid again and again..that would be real
good if a car mfg,said every year they came out with another new car like
yours,but said to you,if you dont pay us a toll.you cant drive your older car
any more ,unless you pay us something..it has ford or chevy on it,so we can
tell you,you got to pay us a toll..or park your car...any one in this world
thinks thats fare,i dont think so..any way we are talking about software,they
are suposed to make the os,where it helps us not stops us..

"Rick Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Freddy's analogy is a good one. Vista is a design change, as are most OS
> version changes. Microsoft makes the SDK's and specifications for the
> changes available for vendors to use and alter their distributions
> accordingly. Whether or not each of them choose to is not within Microsoft's
> realm of control.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "wheelman" <wheelman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > why is microsoft,puting something in vista,to stop your software from
> > installing,when it worked for years in win xp..that makes no sense,is it
> > that
> > they want to get paid.fixing a new os so your software want install,thats
> > ass
> > backwards..makes no sense,why does microsoft have to be so greedy,to do
> > something like this.my software is not the problem,there os is..
> >
> > "Rick Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> Is your Sprint cellphone software Vista-compatible? You need to ask them,
> >> and if it's not that is not Bill's fault. Sad fact is, many companies
> >> doesn't immediately update their software when a new operating system is
> >> released. Until they do, there is little you as the consumer can do about
> >> it.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,

> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

Cal Bear '66

Re: help tell me why
I bet that when humans went from using clubs, to spears, to the bow and arrow,
to the rifle, there were people like you whining about "backward" compatibility.

Name one part of the Stanley Steamer or the Model-T that would work in a modern
Lexus.

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

> so its like microsoft wants to get paid again and again..that would be real
> good if a car mfg,said every year they came out with another new car like
> yours,but said to you,if you dont pay us a toll.you cant drive your older car
> any more ,unless you pay us something..it has ford or chevy on it,so we can
> tell you,you got to pay us a toll..or park your car...any one in this world
> thinks thats fare,i dont think so..any way we are talking about software,they
> are suposed to make the os,where it helps us not stops us..
>
> "Rick Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Freddy's analogy is a good one. Vista is a design change, as are most OS
>> version changes. Microsoft makes the SDK's and specifications for the
>> changes available for vendors to use and alter their distributions
>> accordingly. Whether or not each of them choose to is not within Microsoft's
>> realm of control.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "wheelman" <wheelman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > why is microsoft,puting something in vista,to stop your software from
>> > installing,when it worked for years in win xp..that makes no sense,is it
>> > that
>> > they want to get paid.fixing a new os so your software want install,thats
>> > ass
>> > backwards..makes no sense,why does microsoft have to be so greedy,to do
>> > something like this.my software is not the problem,there os is..

Jason Knutson

Re: help tell me why
Sprint needs to upgrade their software to work in Vista. Vista isn't
stopping you from installing it just because it can, it won't install
because it isn't compatible. You can try running the install in XP SP2
compatibility mode which may or may not work. Most of the time it is the
software itself that checks the OS to make sure it is the right one to
install on and stops the install if it isn't.