mouse not working

jon

mouse not working
Hi, today my mouse just suddenly stopped working while I was watching a
movie. I was able to plug in a laptop mouse but right click isnt working.
Both mouses are plug and play. I have tried restarting, plugging it into
different usb ports.
freddy

RE: mouse not working
jon,

Check Device Manager to determine what it has to say about the mouse. Post
back.
--
freddy

"jon" wrote:

> Hi, today my mouse just suddenly stopped working while I was watching a
> movie. I was able to plug in a laptop mouse but right click isnt working.
> Both mouses are plug and play. I have tried restarting, plugging it into
> different usb ports.

jon

RE: mouse not working
The device manager only shows one device "HID-compliant mouse". It doesnt say
anything is wrong with that. I have both plugged in but only one there.

"freddy" wrote:

> jon,
>
> Check Device Manager to determine what it has to say about the mouse. Post
> back.
> --
> freddy
>

> "jon" wrote:
>
> > Hi, today my mouse just suddenly stopped working while I was watching a
> > movie. I was able to plug in a laptop mouse but right click isnt working.
> > Both mouses are plug and play. I have tried restarting, plugging it into
> > different usb ports.

Cal Bear '66

Re: mouse not working
Have you tried Control Panel > Add Hardware and letting Windows search for
drivers, or adding a similar mouse?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!

"jon" <jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The device manager only shows one device "HID-compliant mouse". It doesnt say
> anything is wrong with that. I have both plugged in but only one there.
>
> "freddy" wrote:
>
>> jon,
>>
>> Check Device Manager to determine what it has to say about the mouse. Post
>> back.
>> --
>> freddy
>>

>> "jon" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi, today my mouse just suddenly stopped working while I was watching a
>> > movie. I was able to plug in a laptop mouse but right click isnt working.
>> > Both mouses are plug and play. I have tried restarting, plugging it into
>> > different usb ports.

jon

Re: mouse not working
I just tried that and it does not see any new devices.

"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Have you tried Control Panel > Add Hardware and letting Windows search for
> drivers, or adding a similar mouse?
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>

> "jon" <jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > The device manager only shows one device "HID-compliant mouse". It doesnt say
> > anything is wrong with that. I have both plugged in but only one there.
> >
> > "freddy" wrote:
> >
> >> jon,
> >>
> >> Check Device Manager to determine what it has to say about the mouse. Post
> >> back.
> >> --
> >> freddy

Cal Bear '66

Re: mouse not working
Have you bypassed the Windows searching and manually browsed for the
Manufacturer/Model of the mouse?

--

>I just tried that and it does not see any new devices.
>
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> Have you tried Control Panel > Add Hardware and letting Windows search for
>> drivers, or adding a similar mouse?
>>
>> --
>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>

>> "jon" <jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > The device manager only shows one device "HID-compliant mouse". It doesnt
>> > say
>> > anything is wrong with that. I have both plugged in but only one there.

freddy

Re: mouse not working
jon,

Sometimes you have to just give up and go buy a new Microsoft mouse that is
designed to work with Vista mouse drivers.
--
freddy

"jon" wrote:

> I just tried that and it does not see any new devices.
>
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
> > Have you tried Control Panel > Add Hardware and letting Windows search for
> > drivers, or adding a similar mouse?
> >
> > --
> > I Bleed Blue and Gold
> > GO BEARS!
> >

> > "jon" <jon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > The device manager only shows one device "HID-compliant mouse". It doesnt say
> > > anything is wrong with that. I have both plugged in but only one there.

Dustin Harper

Re: mouse not working
If you are using a USB mouse, do you have a spare PS/2 mouse you can try?

--
Dustin Harper
dharper@vistarip.com

--
> Hi, today my mouse just suddenly stopped working while I was watching a
> movie. I was able to plug in a laptop mouse but right click isnt working.
> Both mouses are plug and play. I have tried restarting, plugging it into
> different usb ports.

jon

Re: mouse not working
Acording to logitech it is compatable
http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/mi...alls/&cl=us,en Some
times when it restarts the mouse works for a short time. I have been having
alot of problems with vista today and I am debating on just reinstalling
windows.

"freddy" wrote:

> jon,
>
> Sometimes you have to just give up and go buy a new Microsoft mouse that is
> designed to work with Vista mouse drivers.
> --
> freddy
>

> "jon" wrote:
>
> > I just tried that and it does not see any new devices.
> >
> > "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
> >
> > > Have you tried Control Panel > Add Hardware and letting Windows search for
> > > drivers, or adding a similar mouse?
> > >
> > > --
> > > I Bleed Blue and Gold
> > > GO BEARS!

freddy

Re: mouse not working
jon,

Maybe it's "supposed" to work in Vista, but I've seen other instances where
Logitech mice have issues with Vitsa. I don't know why, but likely something
to do with Vista incompatibility. I'd just buy an inexpensive Microsoft USB
mouse that is fully compatible with
Vista. My mouse isn't a Microsoft mouse, but Device Manager identifies it
as a Microsoft mouse (optical) and it works fine in Vista. I don't use any
special software or features with it, just the basic mouse functions but
those basic functions work. Buying an inexpensive mouse is a lot easier than
anything else you can do.
--
freddy