Keyboard and Mouse

Chris McKenna

Keyboard and Mouse
Hi,
My computer seems to have a ghost inside it!!!!!
Random Letters and other buttons are pushed without human contact also my
mouse does not move but selects things when not even touched! sometimes I
can't even close something because the mouse decides not to work properly! I
have re-installed my keyboard and mouse about 6 times now and tried other
keyboards and mice but keep getting the same response!!!
Please suggest something to stop my hauntings!!!!!

Thanks,
Chris
freddy

RE: Keyboard and Mouse
Chris,

Here is a Microsoft article about how to fix strange mouse behavior in Vista:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/932653/

Hopefully the article applies to your situation. I'll look around for
something similar for the keyboard. Post back and tell everyone how this
worked.
--
freddy

"Chris McKenna" wrote:

> Hi,
> My computer seems to have a ghost inside it!!!!!
> Random Letters and other buttons are pushed without human contact also my
> mouse does not move but selects things when not even touched! sometimes I
> can't even close something because the mouse decides not to work properly! I
> have re-installed my keyboard and mouse about 6 times now and tried other
> keyboards and mice but keep getting the same response!!!
> Please suggest something to stop my hauntings!!!!!
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

freddy

RE: Keyboard and Mouse
Chris,

Here is something similar to above, but for addressing keyboard issues:

Post back on results.
--
freddy

"Chris McKenna" wrote:

> Hi,
> My computer seems to have a ghost inside it!!!!!
> Random Letters and other buttons are pushed without human contact also my
> mouse does not move but selects things when not even touched! sometimes I
> can't even close something because the mouse decides not to work properly! I
> have re-installed my keyboard and mouse about 6 times now and tried other
> keyboards and mice but keep getting the same response!!!
> Please suggest something to stop my hauntings!!!!!
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

R. C. White

Re: Keyboard and Mouse
Hi, Chris.

Do you have a microphone hooked up to your computer? Is it turned on?

Voice recognition software often produces random mouse/keyboard input.

Maybe YOU are the ghost! ;^}

RC
--
R. C. White, CPA
San Marcos, TX

"Chris McKenna" <Chris McKenna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> My computer seems to have a ghost inside it!!!!!
> Random Letters and other buttons are pushed without human contact also my
> mouse does not move but selects things when not even touched! sometimes I
> can't even close something because the mouse decides not to work properly!
> have re-installed my keyboard and mouse about 6 times now and tried other
> keyboards and mice but keep getting the same response!!!
> Please suggest something to stop my hauntings!!!!!
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

ed

RE: Keyboard and Mouse

"freddy" wrote:

> Chris,
>
> Here is a Microsoft article about how to fix strange mouse behavior in Vista:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/932653/
>
> Hopefully the article applies to your situation. I'll look around for
> something similar for the keyboard. Post back and tell everyone how this
> worked.
> --
> freddy
>

> "Chris McKenna" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > My computer seems to have a ghost inside it!!!!!
> > Random Letters and other buttons are pushed without human contact also my
> > mouse does not move but selects things when not even touched! sometimes I
> > can't even close something because the mouse decides not to work properly! I
> > have re-installed my keyboard and mouse about 6 times now and tried other
> > keyboards and mice but keep getting the same response!!!
> > Please suggest something to stop my hauntings!!!!!
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Chris

onepat

RE: Keyboard and Mouse
Did you try the hotfix? how did you get it? Did you have to pay for it?
P.

"Chris McKenna" wrote:

> Hi,
> My computer seems to have a ghost inside it!!!!!
> Random Letters and other buttons are pushed without human contact also my
> mouse does not move but selects things when not even touched! sometimes I
> can't even close something because the mouse decides not to work properly! I
> have re-installed my keyboard and mouse about 6 times now and tried other
> keyboards and mice but keep getting the same response!!!
> Please suggest something to stop my hauntings!!!!!
>
> Thanks,
> Chris

Rock

Re: Keyboard and Mouse
"onepat" <onepat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> Did you try the hotfix? how did you get it? Did you have to pay for it?
> P.

There is no fee for a hotfix. The particular KB article gives information
on how to request it through product support services, or use this web form
to request one.

Submit an online request to obtain a Microsoft hotfix
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=935195

--
Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

onepat

Re: Keyboard and Mouse
Thanks much Rock.
P.

"Rock" wrote:

> "onepat" <onepat@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
> > Did you try the hotfix? how did you get it? Did you have to pay for it?
> > P.

> There is no fee for a hotfix. The particular KB article gives information
> on how to request it through product support services, or use this web form
> to request one.
>
> Submit an online request to obtain a Microsoft hotfix
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=935195
>
> --
> Rock [MS-MVP User/Shell]

Rock