Mouse Will not Move After Upgrade to Vista

ComputersHateMe

Mouse Will not Move After Upgrade to Vista
The mouse will no longer move after I upgraded from XP to Vista Ultimate,
none of the right/left click buttons will function along with the actual
movement of the mouse pointer. I have tried multiple mice and not one of them
has any change, as I still cant move the pointer.

Video Card ATI Radeon x850 if that helps at all
JW

Re: Mouse Will not Move After Upgrade to Vista
Have you checked to make sure you have the latest BIOS for your MOBO?

Does the problem also occur if you perform a F8 boot into save mode?

"ComputersHateMe" <ComputersHateMe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:6C40ADE9-DAF1-44B6-8BC2-1A720876F856@microsoft.com...
> The mouse will no longer move after I upgraded from XP to Vista Ultimate,
> none of the right/left click buttons will function along with the actual
> movement of the mouse pointer. I have tried multiple mice and not one of
> them
> has any change, as I still cant move the pointer.
>
> Video Card ATI Radeon x850 if that helps at all

freddy

RE: Mouse Will not Move After Upgrade to Vista
ComputersHateMe,

I did a google search, and it seems that some people have mice that don't
work after installing Vista. I didn't find out exactly why this problem
occurs, but some people think it's because of some incompatibility with mice
that don't use the standard Microsoft mouse drivers. This includes Logitech
mice. Here is what one poster had to say (to someone who tried two different
mice):

"Are they both Logitech mice? If yes, I'd just buy an inexpensive USB mouse
to hold you over until drivers are available that are fully compatible with
Vista. My Microsoft optical USB works fine in Vista but I also don't use
any special software or features with it, just the basic mouse functions but
those basic functions work."

Just something to think about. By the way, I use a non Microsoft mouse that
work perfectly in Vista, but it's sold as a Microsoft compatible mouse. One
poster stated that, for a frozen mouse, just put it in a pan of warm water
until it thaws. There's always a wise guy.
--
freddy

"ComputersHateMe" wrote:

> The mouse will no longer move after I upgraded from XP to Vista Ultimate,
> none of the right/left click buttons will function along with the actual
> movement of the mouse pointer. I have tried multiple mice and not one of them
> has any change, as I still cant move the pointer.
>
> Video Card ATI Radeon x850 if that helps at all

ComputersHateMe

Re: Mouse Will not Move After Upgrade to Vista
I retried it in safemode, and still no luck same issue. I have downloaded the
newest driver for the video card but am unable to install it, when I go to
click on the upgrade feature for the prompt it instead directs me to a 'are
you sure you want to exit' message and no matter which option I choose it
closes down.

I am going out to buy a cheap no logitech mouse to see if that works any
better.

"JW" wrote:

> Have you checked to make sure you have the latest BIOS for your MOBO?
>
> Does the problem also occur if you perform a F8 boot into save mode?
>
> "ComputersHateMe" <ComputersHateMe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:6C40ADE9-DAF1-44B6-8BC2-1A720876F856@microsoft.com...
> > The mouse will no longer move after I upgraded from XP to Vista Ultimate,
> > none of the right/left click buttons will function along with the actual
> > movement of the mouse pointer. I have tried multiple mice and not one of
> > them
> > has any change, as I still cant move the pointer.
> >
> > Video Card ATI Radeon x850 if that helps at all

JW

Re: Mouse Will not Move After Upgrade to Vista
Are you sure you got the Vista drivers for your card and not XP drivers...
Did you check if your BIOS is up to date.?
I don't suspect any problem with the mouse itself.
"ComputersHateMe" <ComputersHateMe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:2CE0A899-DF78-4A88-8FF3-B9376986C6EC@microsoft.com...