installing pentax optio e10 on windows vista home

philrazor

installing pentax optio e10 on windows vista home
hi,
I posted other messages regarding this. this issue is still not fixed. I
can' t install my pentax optio e10 on my new laptop with windows vista. i
contacted pentax and this is the answer i get:

For this camera you do not have to insert the driver disc.
The camera will be detected automatically in Windows Vista and will
automatically install with the native Vista drivers.
The drivers on the disc itself are not Vista compatible.
If you get an errormessage using the native drivers from Vista we
strongly recommend to contact Microsoft.

How do i contact microsoft?
freddy

RE: installing pentax optio e10 on windows vista home
philrazor,

It would be interesting to know whether Windows gives an error message when
you connect the camera, and whether Device Manager recognizes the camera and
indicates whether there is a problem.

Without further information to go on, and also not knowing whether you've
seen and tried the following , but some folks have had good fortune in
resolving problems such as you have by deleting the INFCACHE.1 file. It's
located at C:\Windows\inf (scroll down to the file). It's OK to delete the
file even when it has nothing to do with the problem. Post back with
information on whether this step does anything for you.

--
freddy

"philrazor" wrote:

> hi,
> I posted other messages regarding this. this issue is still not fixed. I
> can' t install my pentax optio e10 on my new laptop with windows vista. i
> contacted pentax and this is the answer i get:
>
> For this camera you do not have to insert the driver disc.
> The camera will be detected automatically in Windows Vista and will
> automatically install with the native Vista drivers.
> The drivers on the disc itself are not Vista compatible.
> If you get an errormessage using the native drivers from Vista we
> strongly recommend to contact Microsoft.
>
> How do i contact microsoft?

philrazor

RE: installing pentax optio e10 on windows vista home
freddy, that's unheard of for me. i don't have the camera handy now, i will
friday, i will update you on this. thank you very much.

"freddy" wrote:

> philrazor,
>
> It would be interesting to know whether Windows gives an error message when
> you connect the camera, and whether Device Manager recognizes the camera and
> indicates whether there is a problem.
>
> Without further information to go on, and also not knowing whether you've
> seen and tried the following , but some folks have had good fortune in
> resolving problems such as you have by deleting the INFCACHE.1 file. It's
> located at C:\Windows\inf (scroll down to the file). It's OK to delete the
> file even when it has nothing to do with the problem. Post back with
> information on whether this step does anything for you.
>
> --
> freddy
>

> "philrazor" wrote:
>
> > hi,
> > I posted other messages regarding this. this issue is still not fixed. I
> > can' t install my pentax optio e10 on my new laptop with windows vista. i
> > contacted pentax and this is the answer i get:
> >
> > For this camera you do not have to insert the driver disc.
> > The camera will be detected automatically in Windows Vista and will
> > automatically install with the native Vista drivers.
> > The drivers on the disc itself are not Vista compatible.
> > If you get an errormessage using the native drivers from Vista we
> > strongly recommend to contact Microsoft.
> >
> > How do i contact microsoft?

freddy

RE: installing pentax optio e10 on windows vista home
philrazor,

It's also a good idea to install all the updates available on the Microsoft
update website, if you haven't already done so. Those updates can include
fixes for problems you didn't even know you had.
--
freddy

"philrazor" wrote:

> freddy, that's unheard of for me. i don't have the camera handy now, i will
> friday, i will update you on this. thank you very much.
>
> "freddy" wrote:
>
> > philrazor,
> >
> > It would be interesting to know whether Windows gives an error message when
> > you connect the camera, and whether Device Manager recognizes the camera and
> > indicates whether there is a problem.
> >
> > Without further information to go on, and also not knowing whether you've
> > seen and tried the following , but some folks have had good fortune in
> > resolving problems such as you have by deleting the INFCACHE.1 file. It's
> > located at C:\Windows\inf (scroll down to the file). It's OK to delete the
> > file even when it has nothing to do with the problem. Post back with
> > information on whether this step does anything for you.
> >
> > --
> > freddy
> >

> > "philrazor" wrote:
> >
> > > hi,
> > > I posted other messages regarding this. this issue is still not fixed. I
> > > can' t install my pentax optio e10 on my new laptop with windows vista. i
> > > contacted pentax and this is the answer i get:
> > >
> > > For this camera you do not have to insert the driver disc.
> > > The camera will be detected automatically in Windows Vista and will
> > > automatically install with the native Vista drivers.
> > > The drivers on the disc itself are not Vista compatible.
> > > If you get an errormessage using the native drivers from Vista we
> > > strongly recommend to contact Microsoft.
> > >
> > > How do i contact microsoft?

philrazor

RE: installing pentax optio e10 on windows vista home
been there, done that thank you! i shall see about that other thing you
said.

"freddy" wrote:

> philrazor,
>
> It's also a good idea to install all the updates available on the Microsoft
> update website, if you haven't already done so. Those updates can include
> fixes for problems you didn't even know you had.

kevin supinger

pentax e10 and vista
Dear Sir/Madam,

Thank you for contacting Pentax Imaging Company.

The webcam function of the Optio E10 is not supported in Windows Vista.

If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call 800-877-0155.

Sincerely,
Greg W.
Pentax Customer Care

Interesting, they refuse to support a product purchased 6 months ago at best buy.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com