vonage phone service

cfeaz

vonage phone service
I have vonage phone which is hooked up through my computer. Before I got my
new computer, I had windows xp. everything worked great without problems.
With my new computer I have windows vista and when I hook my vonage up to the
computer, it runs extremely slow (as though I have dial up). when I
disconnect the vonage device, everything runs smooth. is there a way I can
troubleshoot this problem? I wonder if the vonage device has compatibility
issues with windows vista?
Mac

Re: vonage phone service
Seems there may be some issues

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...q=vonage+vista

"cfeaz" <cfeaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have vonage phone which is hooked up through my computer. Before I got
>my
> new computer, I had windows xp. everything worked great without problems.
> With my new computer I have windows vista and when I hook my vonage up to
> the
> computer, it runs extremely slow (as though I have dial up). when I
> disconnect the vonage device, everything runs smooth. is there a way I
> can
> troubleshoot this problem? I wonder if the vonage device has
> compatibility
> issues with windows vista?

Mac

Re: vonage phone service
Meant to paste this... but you get the idea - google is your friend ;-)

http://www.vonage.com/help.php?artic...gory=113&nav=3

"cfeaz" <cfeaz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have vonage phone which is hooked up through my computer. Before I got
>my
> new computer, I had windows xp. everything worked great without problems.
> With my new computer I have windows vista and when I hook my vonage up to
> the
> computer, it runs extremely slow (as though I have dial up). when I
> disconnect the vonage device, everything runs smooth. is there a way I
> can
> troubleshoot this problem? I wonder if the vonage device has
> compatibility
> issues with windows vista?

freddy

RE: vonage phone service
cfeaz,

I'm thinking you have Vonage DSL service, correct? Then you have a modem,
and maybe an integrated router, connected to either the NIC or to the USB
port, right? It's hard to say off hand what the problem might be, as there
are several possibilities. A good first approach in resolving this problem
would be to first contact Vonage customer support to see what they have to
say. If there is a compatibility issue between the Vonage hardware and
Vista, I'd think they would be the first to know.

Post back with what you learn. People like to know.
--
freddy