Tip of Pen Right-Clicks instead of Clicking

WGSGNUAYHTTE@spammotel.com

Tip of Pen Right-Clicks instead of Clicking
I need help sorting out some wierd interaction between these suspects:
my trackball, pen/tablet, Vista Home Premium (which includes the
tablet PC component), and ???

I'm having troublewith pen settings for my Wacom Intuos 2 graphics
tablet. I want the tip of the pen to 'click', but it insists on
invoking 'right click' despite the fact that the 'Wacom Tablet
Properties' utility shows that the tip is set to 'click - in fact
there are no other options for the tip setting.

I also have a Kensington Expert Mouse (trackball), and have checked
the checkbox 'Left Handed Button Swap' in 'Kensington MouseWorks Mouse
Properties.' I tried unchecking the box in case it was also effecting
the tablet pen, but it didn't solve the problem.

Thanks,
Teffy

P.S. In case you are wondering how I got MouseWorks to work with
Vista, the answer is here:
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vi...rks-vista.html

Windows Vista Home Premium
ASUS P5B-E motherboard
XFX 7600GS 256M 2 DVI PCIE video card
Kensington Expert Mouse
Kensington Mouseworks v622
Wacom Intuos 2 graphics tablet
WacomTablet v602-1

freddy

RE: Tip of Pen Right-Clicks instead of Clicking
WGSGNUAYHTTE,

If you can't get satisfaction here for your questions, try a forum (if
you're not already) that focuses on hardware such as you have. I'm sure
there are some good ones out there. For starters, look this one over:

http://cust13.mn1.fasturl.net/zbc/sh...1&page=1&pp=15

That's just a suggestion, for whatever it's worth.
--
freddy

On Jun 10, 6:19 pm, freddy <fkirsc...@tidalwave.net> wrote:
> WGSGNUAYHTTE,
>
> If you can't get satisfaction here for your questions, try a forum (if
> you're not already) that focuses on hardware such as you have. I'm sure
> there are some good ones out there. For starters, look this one over:
>
> http://cust13.mn1.fasturl.net/zbc/sh...d0b1521ba9d29c...
>
> That's just a suggestion, for whatever it's worth.
> --
> freddy
>
> "WGSGNUAYH...@spammotel.com" wrote:
> > I need help sorting out some wierd interaction between these suspects:
> > my trackball, pen/tablet, Vista Home Premium (which includes the
> > tablet PC component), and ???

> > I'm having troublewith pen settings for my Wacom Intuos 2 graphics
> > tablet. I want the tip of the pen to 'click', but it insists on
> > invoking 'right click' despite the fact that the 'Wacom Tablet
> > Properties' utility shows that the tip is set to 'click - in fact
> > there are no other options for the tip setting.

> > I also have a Kensington Expert Mouse (trackball), and have checked
> > the checkbox 'Left Handed Button Swap' in 'Kensington MouseWorks Mouse
> > Properties.' I tried unchecking the box in case it was also effecting
> > the tablet pen, but it didn't solve the problem.

> > Thanks,
> > Teffy

> > P.S. In case you are wondering how I got MouseWorks to work with
> > Vista, the answer is here:
> >http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vi...on-mouseworks-...

> > Windows Vista Home Premium
> > ASUS P5B-E motherboard
> > XFX 7600GS 256M 2 DVI PCIE video card
> > Kensington Expert Mouse
> > Kensington Mouseworks v622
> > Wacom Intuos 2 graphics tablet
> > WacomTablet v602-1

Wacom tech support had the answer - it worked for me!

Hi Stephanie,

Vista actually has lots of handwriting recognition "features" built-in
-
how helpful of Microsoft - but they tend to not play with the tablet
that
well.

You need to go into the Windows control panel and then open the Pen
and
Input Devices control panel.

Under the Pen Options tab highlight "Press and hold" and then click on
the
Settings button. At the top of the window if there is a checkmark in
the
"Enable press and hold for right-clicking" - deselect it and click Ok.

Under the same Pen Options tab highlight "Start Tablet PC Input Panel"
and
click on the Settings button. If there is a checkmark in the "Enable
start
Input Panel gesture" box - deselect it and click on Ok.

Still under the Pen and Input Devices control panel click on the
Flicks
tab. If there is a checkmark in the "Use flicks to perform common
actions
quickly and easily" - deselect it and then click on Apply and Ok.

Close the Pen and Input Devices control panel.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,
LeeAnn Tresch
WACOM Senior Technical Support

WGSGNUAYHTTE@spammotel.com

Re: Tip of Pen Right-Clicks instead of Clicking
On Jun 10, 6:19 pm, freddy <fkirsc...@tidalwave.net> wrote:
> WGSGNUAYHTTE,
>
> If you can't get satisfaction here for your questions, try a forum (if
> you're not already) that focuses on hardware such as you have. I'm sure
> there are some good ones out there. For starters, look this one over:
>
> http://cust13.mn1.fasturl.net/zbc/sh...d0b1521ba9d29c...
>
> That's just a suggestion, for whatever it's worth.
> --
> freddy
>

> "WGSGNUAYH...@spammotel.com" wrote:
> > I need help sorting out some wierd interaction between these suspects:
> > my trackball, pen/tablet, Vista Home Premium (which includes the
> > tablet PC component), and ???

> > I'm having troublewith pen settings for my Wacom Intuos 2 graphics
> > tablet. I want the tip of the pen to 'click', but it insists on
> > invoking 'right click' despite the fact that the 'Wacom Tablet
> > Properties' utility shows that the tip is set to 'click - in fact
> > there are no other options for the tip setting.

> > I also have a Kensington Expert Mouse (trackball), and have checked
> > the checkbox 'Left Handed Button Swap' in 'Kensington MouseWorks Mouse
> > Properties.' I tried unchecking the box in case it was also effecting
> > the tablet pen, but it didn't solve the problem.

> > Thanks,
> > Teffy

> > P.S. In case you are wondering how I got MouseWorks to work with
> > Vista, the answer is here:
> >http://forums.techguy.org/windows-vi...on-mouseworks-...

> > Windows Vista Home Premium
> > ASUS P5B-E motherboard
> > XFX 7600GS 256M 2 DVI PCIE video card
> > Kensington Expert Mouse
> > Kensington Mouseworks v622
> > Wacom Intuos 2 graphics tablet
> > WacomTablet v602-1- Hide quoted text -

Thanks, freddy - I got the solution from Wacom tech support:

[...]

It's always a good idea to consult vendors with questions about their own
products. Great you got your problem solved.