HP C3180 Problem

Janusz

HP C3180 Problem
Hi. I have recently upgraded from Windows XP to Windows Vista Home Premium
32. I have been having problems with HP C3180 printer&scanner. I have
followed all the installation instructions and the driver for Vista installs
fine. However, when I switch off the printer and then switch it on again
Vista reinstalls the driver. It keeps doing from time to time. I contacted
the HP support but they told that it's due to my system configuracion
problem. They told me to conatct Microsoft about it. Anyone has any ideas or
had the same problem?
freddy

RE: HP C3180 Problem
Janusz,

Did HP say what the system configuration problem might be?
--
freddy

"Janusz" wrote:

> Hi. I have recently upgraded from Windows XP to Windows Vista Home Premium
> 32. I have been having problems with HP C3180 printer&scanner. I have
> followed all the installation instructions and the driver for Vista installs
> fine. However, when I switch off the printer and then switch it on again
> Vista reinstalls the driver. It keeps doing from time to time. I contacted
> the HP support but they told that it's due to my system configuracion
> problem. They told me to conatct Microsoft about it. Anyone has any ideas or
> had the same problem?

huwyngr

Re: HP C3180 Problem
No suggestions except to remove everything and do it again.

I think I've seen this problem posted elsewhere?

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: HP C3180 Problem
Was the All in One unit disconnected before the upgrade? If not, follow:
http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm

(Originally written for XP but the same for Vista)
--
Cari (MS-MVP)

"Janusz" <Janusz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
newsF14DED7-76D2-482C-B079-70383FC8C65C@microsoft.com...
> Hi. I have recently upgraded from Windows XP to Windows Vista Home Premium
> 32. I have been having problems with HP C3180 printer&scanner. I have
> followed all the installation instructions and the driver for Vista
> installs
> fine. However, when I switch off the printer and then switch it on again
> Vista reinstalls the driver. It keeps doing from time to time. I contacted
> the HP support but they told that it's due to my system configuracion
> problem. They told me to conatct Microsoft about it. Anyone has any ideas
> or
> had the same problem?

Janusz

RE: HP C3180 Problem
No. As soon as I installed the driver for this printer on fresh Windows Vista
I have started to have this problem. First HP told me to make sure that USB
cable is 2.0. So I bought a new cable. The problem persisted. Now every time
I switch on the printer Vista reinstalls the driver and then it works fine. I
expleined this to HP and they told me that that is not driver problem and it
is due to my system configuration and that is somethin to do with usb port.
However, they didn't specify. I have uninstalled the driver various times and
it never worked properly. In this very moment I have switched it on and it
did it again and for first time time it asks me for 7zS64E9.tmp file. It
can't find it in the Temp folder. Any ideas??

"freddy" wrote:

> Janusz,
>
> Did HP say what the system configuration problem might be?
> --
> freddy
>

> "Janusz" wrote:
>
> > Hi. I have recently upgraded from Windows XP to Windows Vista Home Premium
> > 32. I have been having problems with HP C3180 printer&scanner. I have
> > followed all the installation instructions and the driver for Vista installs
> > fine. However, when I switch off the printer and then switch it on again
> > Vista reinstalls the driver. It keeps doing from time to time. I contacted
> > the HP support but they told that it's due to my system configuracion
> > problem. They told me to conatct Microsoft about it. Anyone has any ideas or
> > had the same problem?

huwyngr

Re: HP C3180 Problem
In article <B81610F3-317A-4674-B6C2-5657EC9F09E8@microsoft.com>, Janusz
wrote:

> First HP told me to make sure that USB*
> cable is 2.0. So I bought a new cable.

There is no such thing as a USB2 cable in the USB.org specifications!

All USB cables will run at the speeds etc of USB1.1 and USB2.

Don't let anyone sell you gold plated connectors with fancy coverings
to get better speed. I'm using 10ft USB cables from NewEgg for $1.99
each (OK - Plus shipping) and they are just fine.

It can always be worthwhile to swap a cable in case it is damaged but
there is no such thing as making sure the cable is USB 2.

When you

> recently upgraded from Windows XP to Windows Vista Home Premium*
> 32.

was this an in-place upgrade over the XP installation or was it a clean
installation on a clean hard drive?

If it was an in-place upgrade then uninstall all HP software in Remove
Programs, remove the printer icons from Fax and from Printer, reboot
and start again noting below:

When you installed the printer under VISTA, did you install the
software while the USB cable was unplugged from the PC and only plugged
it in when the installation program tells you to or when you get to
[Finish]

If so do as above to remove all traces and start again.

Also you might have a look at this MSKB article even though it only
lists XP versions since you did once have that.

The New Hardware Wizard may detect the printer device after every
restart of the computer

Please answer the questions and let us know how you get on.

huwyngr

Re: HP C3180 Problem
I just found this utility on the HP website for your printer:

Uninstaller Utility for older HP software previously installed on
Windows XP/2000

Release Date: 2007-05-01 Version: 267

Description

Some features of older HP Printer software may not work on one or more
HP devices previously installed on Windows XP/2K. This tool will remove
older HP printer software from your computer that may not be compatible
with Windows Vista?.

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...DownloadIndex?
softwareitem=mp-48949-1&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=1146331&os=2093

I suggest you get it, run it and start all over again. And please let
us know what happens!

For the HP software you did get the Fully Featured Software and not
just the basic printer driver, didn't you.

The Fully Featured driver is here:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?
os=2093&lc=en&cc=us&dlc=en&product=1146331

Janusz

Re: HP C3180 Problem
Cable USB 2.0: I was very surprised when they told me that beacuse on XP
worked fine with other cable.

Previously I had Windows XP, Mediacenter (Spanish version). Acer has sent mi
an upgrade for Vista Home premium. I couldn't make an upgrad because Media
Center is in english and Vista was a spanish version so I had to make a clean
install removing all sotware a I had on XP. All I did after was to remove
Windows.old file.

When I installed the driver for HP C3180 I had the cable unplugged an I
plugged it only when the dirver asked me to. I will have a look later at the
link you have provided.

Do you have any idea why the driver asks me for 7zS64E9.tmp file in order to
complete the installation (reinstalation)? It fails to find it.

Thanks

"huwyngr" wrote:

> In article <B81610F3-317A-4674-B6C2-5657EC9F09E8@microsoft.com>, Janusz
> wrote:
>
> > First HP told me to make sure that USB
> > cable is 2.0. So I bought a new cable.

> There is no such thing as a USB2 cable in the USB.org specifications!
>
> All USB cables will run at the speeds etc of USB1.1 and USB2.
>
> Don't let anyone sell you gold plated connectors with fancy coverings
> to get better speed. I'm using 10ft USB cables from NewEgg for $1.99
> each (OK - Plus shipping) and they are just fine.
>
> It can always be worthwhile to swap a cable in case it is damaged but
> there is no such thing as making sure the cable is USB 2.
>
> When you
>
> > recently upgraded from Windows XP to Windows Vista Home Premium
> > 32.

> was this an in-place upgrade over the XP installation or was it a clean
> installation on a clean hard drive?
>
> If it was an in-place upgrade then uninstall all HP software in Remove
> Programs, remove the printer icons from Fax and from Printer, reboot
> and start again noting below:
>
> When you installed the printer under VISTA, did you install the
> software while the USB cable was unplugged from the PC and only plugged
> it in when the installation program tells you to or when you get to
> [Finish]
>
> If so do as above to remove all traces and start again.
>
> Also you might have a look at this MSKB article even though it only
> lists XP versions since you did once have that.
>
> The New Hardware Wizard may detect the printer device after every
> restart of the computer

> Please answer the questions and let us know how you get on.

Janusz

Re: HP C3180 Problem
Hi. I have removed all HP software and the removed all regsitry entries for
HP using regedit. I then used the HP tool to remove old software that was
installed on XP just in case. I installed the driver and no results. The
driver reinstalls it self everytime I switch on the printer. I have tried the
link you mentioned:
No results. It doesn't let mi to delete the key. I did as administartor. I
have seen on the web that other people had the same problem. But no one gave
solution so far. HP doesn't say anything. And ACER don't give any support
neither.

In article <5E8A8B2E-5167-44E8-A317-FD13CF6337B6@microsoft.com>, Janusz wrote:

> Do you have any idea why the driver asks me for 7zS64E9.tmp file in order to*
> complete the installation (reinstalation)?

No I don't know why. Do you have UAC on or off? I know that Acrobat Reader will
not install under VISTA if UAC is turned OFF and it is to do with a temp file
or folder it cannot access.