Western Digital My Boo External

Sherrie51

Western Digital My Boo External

--
I just purchased a new pc with VISTA. I have just about everything
installed and tweeked except for two things that are really bothering me.

One..Something is constantly accessing my external usb hard drive.

Two-Something is constantly accessing my interal hard drive.

Is there something I can disable, especially for the external drive.

Thanks for any help
JW

Re: Western Digital My Boo External
Maybe the indexing required for the new Vista fast search function has not
completed yet and it is running when there is not other activity.

"Sherrie51" <mrsstauffer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news65C3C72-F9DC-4213-862F-1E13BFD39D09@microsoft.com...

> --
> I just purchased a new pc with VISTA. I have just about everything
> installed and tweeked except for two things that are really bothering me.
>
> One..Something is constantly accessing my external usb hard drive.
>
> Two-Something is constantly accessing my interal hard drive.
>
> Is there something I can disable, especially for the external drive.
>
> Thanks for any help

Dave

Re: Western Digital My Boo External
Since it's a new PC, it's probably the search index working.
My external drive sleeps most of the time, as I don't have it included in
the index.

You can change the index options in Control Panel.

"Sherrie51" <mrsstauffer@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news65C3C72-F9DC-4213-862F-1E13BFD39D09@microsoft.com...

> --
> I just purchased a new pc with VISTA. I have just about everything
> installed and tweeked except for two things that are really bothering me.
>
> One..Something is constantly accessing my external usb hard drive.
>
> Two-Something is constantly accessing my interal hard drive.
>
> Is there something I can disable, especially for the external drive.
>
> Thanks for any help

Cal Bear '66

Re: Western Digital My Boo External
You can also disable indexing for the drive from the Properties page when you
right click on the drive in Computer. (uncheck: Index this drive for faster
searching.)

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!