Question about webcam

Lorry Astra

Question about webcam
Hi,
Vista can detect my webcam, and I can see that it was listed in my
"Device Manager", but i can not see it in "Scaners and Cameras" in "Control
Panel" and the webcam's shortcut is not appeared in "Computer" Form. Does it
mean: it was not installed properly? What can i deal with it? (plus: I can
use it in Live Messenger) Thanks.
Mac

Re: Question about webcam
What make & model of webcam?

"Lorry Astra" <LorryAstra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> Vista can detect my webcam, and I can see that it was listed in my
> "Device Manager", but i can not see it in "Scaners and Cameras" in
> "Control
> Panel" and the webcam's shortcut is not appeared in "Computer" Form. Does
> it
> mean: it was not installed properly? What can i deal with it? (plus: I can
> use it in Live Messenger) Thanks.

Lorry Astra

Re: Question about webcam
RichPower (Vimicro VC0321)
Mac

Re: Question about webcam
This is all I could find http://www.vimicro.com/english/product/pc003.htm

You might try uninstalling the camera and then reinstalling it.

> RichPower (Vimicro VC0321)

freddy

Re: Question about webcam
Lorry,

Are you sure the camera is compatible with Vista? I personally don't know
whether it is, so it's up to you to know.

If it isn't compatible (or you don't know), try running it in WinXP SP-2
compatibility mode. Right click the shortcut and select Properties. You'll
see a compatibility tab where you can select the mode. Also, take a look at
the following website for any additional information:

http://www.pcbesttoday.info/vimicro-...pc-camera.html

I have no idea what you need to know, so I'm trying to provide options to
consider. Others may have additional information.
--
freddy

"Lorry Astra" wrote:

> RichPower (Vimicro VC0321)

Lorry Astra

Re: Question about webcam
Thanks freddy, but you know, my webcam is running well in Live Messenger in
Vista(I think it is said that the webcam driver works properly), all want to
know is how to use it to take a photo, because when i used Winxp last year, a
shortcut of this webcam appeared in "My Computer" Form, and then I could take
a photo by double clicking the shortcut, but now, I can not find the function
like that, Could you help me how to do it? Thanks.

"freddy" wrote:

> Lorry,
>
> Are you sure the camera is compatible with Vista? I personally don't know
> whether it is, so it's up to you to know.
>
> If it isn't compatible (or you don't know), try running it in WinXP SP-2
> compatibility mode. Right click the shortcut and select Properties. You'll
> see a compatibility tab where you can select the mode. Also, take a look at
> the following website for any additional information:
>
> http://www.pcbesttoday.info/vimicro-...pc-camera.html
>
> I have no idea what you need to know, so I'm trying to provide options to
> consider. Others may have additional information.
> --
> freddy
>

> "Lorry Astra" wrote:
>
> > RichPower (Vimicro VC0321)

freddy

Re: Question about webcam
Lorry,

Did you try the compatibility mode suggestion?
--
freddy

"Lorry Astra" wrote:

> Thanks freddy, but you know, my webcam is running well in Live Messenger in
> Vista(I think it is said that the webcam driver works properly), all want to
> know is how to use it to take a photo, because when i used Winxp last year, a
> shortcut of this webcam appeared in "My Computer" Form, and then I could take
> a photo by double clicking the shortcut, but now, I can not find the function
> like that, Could you help me how to do it? Thanks.
>
> "freddy" wrote:
>
> > Lorry,
> >
> > Are you sure the camera is compatible with Vista? I personally don't know
> > whether it is, so it's up to you to know.
> >
> > If it isn't compatible (or you don't know), try running it in WinXP SP-2
> > compatibility mode. Right click the shortcut and select Properties. You'll
> > see a compatibility tab where you can select the mode. Also, take a look at
> > the following website for any additional information:
> >
> > http://www.pcbesttoday.info/vimicro-...pc-camera.html
> >
> > I have no idea what you need to know, so I'm trying to provide options to
> > consider. Others may have additional information.
> > --
> > freddy
> >

> > "Lorry Astra" wrote:
> >
> > > RichPower (Vimicro VC0321)

Lorry Astra

Re: Question about webcam
No, I didn't find any compatible driver for Vista from Vimicro official
website? But I think it is compatible, because it has appeared in my "Device
Manager", It don't report any errors. And I can use this webcam in MSN
Messenger. So I don't why it is not compatible.

"freddy" wrote:

> Lorry,
>
> Did you try the compatibility mode suggestion?
> --
> freddy
>

> "Lorry Astra" wrote:
>
> > Thanks freddy, but you know, my webcam is running well in Live Messenger in
> > Vista(I think it is said that the webcam driver works properly), all want to
> > know is how to use it to take a photo, because when i used Winxp last year, a
> > shortcut of this webcam appeared in "My Computer" Form, and then I could take
> > a photo by double clicking the shortcut, but now, I can not find the function
> > like that, Could you help me how to do it? Thanks.
> >
> > "freddy" wrote:
> >
> > > Lorry,
> > >
> > > Are you sure the camera is compatible with Vista? I personally don't know
> > > whether it is, so it's up to you to know.
> > >
> > > If it isn't compatible (or you don't know), try running it in WinXP SP-2
> > > compatibility mode. Right click the shortcut and select Properties. You'll
> > > see a compatibility tab where you can select the mode. Also, take a look at
> > > the following website for any additional information:
> > >
> > > http://www.pcbesttoday.info/vimicro-...pc-camera.html
> > >
> > > I have no idea what you need to know, so I'm trying to provide options to
> > > consider. Others may have additional information.
> > > --
> > > freddy

Mac

Re: Question about webcam
The camera might not offer that functionality when used with Vista rather
than XP.

There might be something that helps in this list -
http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...q=VC0321+vista

You might be better to try a third-party web camera app

http://www.google.co.uk/search?sourc...ebcam+software

> Thanks freddy, but you know, my webcam is running well in Live Messenger
> in
> Vista(I think it is said that the webcam driver works properly), all want
> know is how to use it to take a photo, because when i used Winxp last
> year, a
> shortcut of this webcam appeared in "My Computer" Form, and then I could
> take
> a photo by double clicking the shortcut, but now, I can not find the
> function
> like that, Could you help me how to do it? Thanks.
>
> "freddy" wrote:
>
>> Lorry,
>>
>> Are you sure the camera is compatible with Vista? I personally don't
>> know
>> whether it is, so it's up to you to know.
>>
>> If it isn't compatible (or you don't know), try running it in WinXP SP-2
>> compatibility mode. Right click the shortcut and select Properties.
>> You'll
>> see a compatibility tab where you can select the mode. Also, take a look
>> at
>> the following website for any additional information:
>>
>> http://www.pcbesttoday.info/vimicro-...pc-camera.html
>>
>> I have no idea what you need to know, so I'm trying to provide options to
>> consider. Others may have additional information.
>> --
>> freddy
>>

>> "Lorry Astra" wrote:
>>
>> > RichPower (Vimicro VC0321)

Mac

Re: Question about webcam
This one for example is free http://www.yawcam.com/ (I haven't tried it -
but it should allow you to "take" a picture...)