Audio doesn't work

raksha89

Audio doesn't work
I just got a new logitech computer, I got it up and running with no problems,
but I have no sound. The device manager recognizes that I have a sound card,
the volume manager recognises that I have music playing and I have installed
and reinstalled nvidia as well as the realtek software from the webstie.
HELP!!!
freddy

RE: Audio doesn't work
raksha89,

Have you reviewed the options and settings available in the sound section of
Control Panel?
--
freddy

"raksha89" wrote:

> I just got a new logitech computer, I got it up and running with no problems,
> but I have no sound. The device manager recognizes that I have a sound card,
> the volume manager recognises that I have music playing and I have installed
> and reinstalled nvidia as well as the realtek software from the webstie.
> HELP!!!

raksha89

RE: Audio doesn't work
yep, that didn't do anything.

"freddy" wrote:

> raksha89,
>
> Have you reviewed the options and settings available in the sound section of
> Control Panel?
> --
> freddy
>

> "raksha89" wrote:
>
> > I just got a new logitech computer, I got it up and running with no problems,
> > but I have no sound. The device manager recognizes that I have a sound card,
> > the volume manager recognises that I have music playing and I have installed
> > and reinstalled nvidia as well as the realtek software from the webstie.
> > HELP!!!

freddy

RE: Audio doesn't work
raksha89,

There are troubleshooting steps that can be taken, some of which are
obvious, such as checking connections and settings, while others are not so
obvious. I'm assuming that you've done all the basic and more obvious steps
to identify the problem. That leaves the more obscure steps that can be
difficult to identify. If someone here doesn't hit on a winner for you, try
using google to search for a solution. The key to getting good results using
google is to use a good search term. Try using:

troubleshooting sound vista realtek

You get the idea. You can try different terms. You may find something, but
it takes Patience, as easy solutions are not always apparent.
--
freddy

"raksha89" wrote:

> yep, that didn't do anything.
>
> "freddy" wrote:
>
> > raksha89,
> >
> > Have you reviewed the options and settings available in the sound section of
> > Control Panel?
> > --
> > freddy
> >

> > "raksha89" wrote:
> >
> > > I just got a new logitech computer, I got it up and running with no problems,
> > > but I have no sound. The device manager recognizes that I have a sound card,
> > > the volume manager recognises that I have music playing and I have installed
> > > and reinstalled nvidia as well as the realtek software from the webstie.
> > > HELP!!!

Sam

RE: Audio doesn't work

"raksha89" wrote:

> I just got a new logitech computer, I got it up and running with no problems,
> but I have no sound. The device manager recognizes that I have a sound card,
> the volume manager recognises that I have music playing and I have installed
> and reinstalled nvidia as well as the realtek software from the webstie.
> HELP!!!

I have got a similar problem. Got an Vinyl AC97 sound card, it's installed
up to the latest version (7.0), the computer says that everything works fine,
when it's tested you can see the sound waves graph oscillating, but no sound
whatsoever comes out of the speakers. Every simple option has been tried and
to no avail. It's very frustrating.
chrisatclunes

RE: Audio doesn't work
Hi,
I had the same problem when I loaded Vista. Tried everything and finally
took it to a computer repair place. They said it was probably my motherboard
and I needed to update the drivers for it. Only problem my motherboard
website and other websites have no update drivers for Vista. Shop wanted to
charge me A$400.00 to replace the motherboard with a newer Vista compatable
one. My solution only cost me A$7.00. I purchased a USB Vista compatable
sound card off EBay. Guess what. Inserted the sound card, attatched my
speakers and microphone to it. No problems. Sound coming through loaud and
clear.