USB Mouse Microsoft

FAbian

USB Mouse Microsoft
I m using vista and bought a microsoft optical mouse 500 (usb mouse) and it
doesn t work properly; the cursor keeps jumping around on the desktop; it
does react but not the was it shoud do, and not controlable;

how can i over come this? do u have any experience of this problem?

mfg fabian
freddy

RE: USB Mouse Microsoft
FABian,

It's hard to say what the problem is because not all the facts are known
about your situation. Even so, review the following Microsoft
troubleshooting guide to determine whether anything contained therein applies
to your problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223256

In addition, have you reviewed the Mouse section in Control Panel? Have you
had the opportunity to try the mouse on another computer? Are you using a
mouse pad? In the final analysis, if the problem can't be identified, the
mouse could be defective.
--
freddy

"FAbian" wrote:

> I m using vista and bought a microsoft optical mouse 500 (usb mouse) and it
> doesn t work properly; the cursor keeps jumping around on the desktop; it
> does react but not the was it shoud do, and not controlable;
>
> how can i over come this? do u have any experience of this problem?
>
> mfg fabian

FAbian

RE: USB Mouse Microsoft
i have a laptop runing windows vista with a touch pad; i wanted to connect
additionally a mouse from microsoft; the mous is running at my desktop pc
with XP perfectly fine; so the mouse should not be defect; but i can t find
any set menue, where i can change anything or calibrate this mouse.

what else informatin would be useful.

thank u a lot

mfg

"freddy" wrote:

> FABian,
>
> It's hard to say what the problem is because not all the facts are known
> about your situation. Even so, review the following Microsoft
> troubleshooting guide to determine whether anything contained therein applies
> to your problem:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223256
>
> In addition, have you reviewed the Mouse section in Control Panel? Have you
> had the opportunity to try the mouse on another computer? Are you using a
> mouse pad? In the final analysis, if the problem can't be identified, the
> mouse could be defective.
> --
> freddy
>

> "FAbian" wrote:
>
> > I m using vista and bought a microsoft optical mouse 500 (usb mouse) and it
> > doesn t work properly; the cursor keeps jumping around on the desktop; it
> > does react but not the was it shoud do, and not controlable;
> >
> > how can i over come this? do u have any experience of this problem?
> >
> > mfg fabian

Don

Re: USB Mouse Microsoft
FAbian wrote:
> I m using vista and bought a microsoft optical mouse 500 (usb mouse) and it
> doesn t work properly; the cursor keeps jumping around on the desktop; it
> does react but not the was it shoud do, and not controlable;

I have that problem with one mouse when it's connected via my KVM
switch, but it works normally when I plug it directly into the
computer. Is your mouse plugged directly into your computer,
into a USB hub, etc? If the computer has USB ports on both front
and back, try plugging the mouse into the opposite end.

freddy

RE: USB Mouse Microsoft
FABian,

You should not need to calibrate the mouse, apart from those normal settings
that you find in the mouse section of Control Panel. The only additional
information would be to know whether Device Manager shows the mouse operating
properly (in the Properties).

The only other comment I can make would be to say try connecting the mouse
to a different port, if you have one. If you have a PS/2 port, you could try
and USB to PS/2 port adapter to determine whether that does the job, if all
else fails. Review the Microsoft troubleshooting guide for further
information.
--
freddy

"FAbian" wrote:

> i have a laptop runing windows vista with a touch pad; i wanted to connect
> additionally a mouse from microsoft; the mous is running at my desktop pc
> with XP perfectly fine; so the mouse should not be defect; but i can t find
> any set menue, where i can change anything or calibrate this mouse.
>
> what else informatin would be useful.
>
> thank u a lot
>
> mfg
>
> "freddy" wrote:
>
> > FABian,
> >
> > It's hard to say what the problem is because not all the facts are known
> > about your situation. Even so, review the following Microsoft
> > troubleshooting guide to determine whether anything contained therein applies
> > to your problem:
> >
> > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/223256
> >
> > In addition, have you reviewed the Mouse section in Control Panel? Have you
> > had the opportunity to try the mouse on another computer? Are you using a
> > mouse pad? In the final analysis, if the problem can't be identified, the
> > mouse could be defective.
> > --
> > freddy
> >

> > "FAbian" wrote:
> >
> > > I m using vista and bought a microsoft optical mouse 500 (usb mouse) and it
> > > doesn t work properly; the cursor keeps jumping around on the desktop; it
> > > does react but not the was it shoud do, and not controlable;
> > >
> > > how can i over come this? do u have any experience of this problem?
> > >
> > > mfg fabian

Peter Foldes

Re: USB Mouse Microsoft
Did you try to set the Scrolling speed lower in the Mouse Properties ??

--
Peter

"FAbian" <FAbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:727180A2-27B9-432D-9975-4929BBD644AC@microsoft.com...
>I m using vista and bought a microsoft optical mouse 500 (usb mouse) and it
> doesn t work properly; the cursor keeps jumping around on the desktop; it
> does react but not the was it shoud do, and not controlable;
>
> how can i over come this? do u have any experience of this problem?
>
> mfg fabian

JW

Re: USB Mouse Microsoft
How smooth is your desktop? An optical mouse needs a smooth non translucent
surface.
Have you tried a different USB port?

Did you try to set the Scrolling speed lower in the Mouse Properties ??

--
Peter

"FAbian" <FAbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I m using vista and bought a microsoft optical mouse 500 (usb mouse) and it
> doesn t work properly; the cursor keeps jumping around on the desktop; it
> does react but not the was it shoud do, and not controlable;
>
> how can i over come this? do u have any experience of this problem?
>
> mfg fabian

FAbian

Re: USB Mouse Microsoft
i tried several surfaces and there was no differences; and i tried all 3 usb
ports i have on my computer;

strangly in the middle of the screen the mouse works meanwhile quite
acceptable but it allways flips into the corner and keppts sticking there as
soon as i come close to the edgh of the screen.

i have really no clue and acctually i get upset a bit about it.
this thing even predents with a big logo "windows vist certified".

i have really o clue what to do.

"JW" wrote:

> How smooth is your desktop? An optical mouse needs a smooth non translucent
> surface.
> Have you tried a different USB port?
>
> "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Did you try to set the Scrolling speed lower in the Mouse Properties ??
>
> --
> Peter

> "FAbian" <FAbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I m using vista and bought a microsoft optical mouse 500 (usb mouse) and it
> > doesn t work properly; the cursor keeps jumping around on the desktop; it
> > does react but not the was it shoud do, and not controlable;
> >
> > how can i over come this? do u have any experience of this problem?
> >
> > mfg fabian

JW

Re: USB Mouse Microsoft
You possibly have a faulty mouse have you tried it on another computer?
Do you have any trouble with a non optical mouse on your computer? If yes
make sure that your BIOS is up to date.
Also you might go to device manager and try and reinstall the mouse drivers.

"FAbian" <FAbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news64533E1-F404-4E7A-9F2E-E50958EE3DC5@microsoft.com...
>i tried several surfaces and there was no differences; and i tried all 3
>usb
> ports i have on my computer;
>
> strangly in the middle of the screen the mouse works meanwhile quite
> acceptable but it allways flips into the corner and keppts sticking there
> as
> soon as i come close to the edgh of the screen.
>
> i have really no clue and acctually i get upset a bit about it.
> this thing even predents with a big logo "windows vist certified".
>
> i have really o clue what to do.
>
> "JW" wrote:
>
>> How smooth is your desktop? An optical mouse needs a smooth non
>> translucent
>> surface.
>> Have you tried a different USB port?
>>
>> "Peter Foldes" <okf22@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> Did you try to set the Scrolling speed lower in the Mouse Properties ??
>>
>> --
>> Peter

>> "FAbian" <FAbian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I m using vista and bought a microsoft optical mouse 500 (usb mouse) and
>> >it
>> > doesn t work properly; the cursor keeps jumping around on the desktop;
>> > it
>> > does react but not the was it shoud do, and not controlable;
>> >
>> > how can i over come this? do u have any experience of this problem?
>> >
>> > mfg fabian

freddy

Re: USB Mouse Microsoft
FAbian,

Could anything in this Microsoft article have anything to do with the Problem:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/932653/

Just happened to stumble across it while looking for something else.
--
freddy