LifeCam VX-3000, Vista x64, >=4GB ram

reddevil

LifeCam VX-3000, Vista x64, >=4GB ram
Hello!

When I first bought my LifeCam I couldn't get it to work at all. After alot
if fixing with UsbBandwidth in the registry I could manage to get it work
poorly. After a new clean installation of Vista Ultimate x64, still the same
problem. I've noticed there's alot of problem because I use 4GB ram.

The Lifecam will work perfect if I use 2 or 3 GB's of ram instead of 4. If I
plug in all of them I will only get a black picture and the program will stop
responding until I remove it from the USB.

Anyone else that has had any similar problem here and solved them?

When searching for answers I found an unoffical hotfix that was going to
correct som issues with sound recording through USB if there was 4gb or more.
Here it is: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/933433

I hope to get my hands on that Hotfix to see if it could help me with this
trouble as well, since both is >=4GB ram and USB related.
Muz

Re: LifeCam VX-3000, Vista x64, >=4GB ram
On Fri, 8 Jun 2007 23:11:01 -0700, reddevil
<reddevil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hello!
>
>When I first bought my LifeCam I couldn't get it to work at all. After alot
>if fixing with UsbBandwidth in the registry I could manage to get it work
>poorly. After a new clean installation of Vista Ultimate x64, still the same
>problem. I've noticed there's alot of problem because I use 4GB ram.
>
>The Lifecam will work perfect if I use 2 or 3 GB's of ram instead of 4. If I
>plug in all of them I will only get a black picture and the program will stop
>responding until I remove it from the USB.
>
>Anyone else that has had any similar problem here and solved them?
>
>When searching for answers I found an unoffical hotfix that was going to
>correct som issues with sound recording through USB if there was 4gb or more.
>Here it is: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/933433
>
>I hope to get my hands on that Hotfix to see if it could help me with this
>trouble as well, since both is >=4GB ram and USB related.

Hi,

I had the same problem with my vx-3000. I saw version 1.4 and though
I could be saved but once again seems like MS dont test there on
hardware on there own OS. Unless they think everyone will only
install 2gig on there pc.

Anyway, thanks to your link I hunted down the hotfix and tried it. It
actually works fine now. I tried everything from numerous sites but
this was spot on. Thanks.

I got the file from the hotfix share website.
MaxBeagleton

Re: LifeCam VX-3000, Vista x64, >=4GB ram

I have 4GB mem.

I have a new MS VX-3000. Version 1.4 of LifeCam software installed okay
and the device manager said the camera was working okay, but when I
tried to run LifeCam or the AV setup, the application hangs (or
SERIOUSLY slows down). In some tries, a very occasional image would show
up with serious "banding" flaws.

I spent one evening on the phone while a MS tech reinstalled LifeCam.
It didn't help. He wanted to research the problem, but as of yet, I
haven't heard back from him.

After finding this thread, I requested and installed the KB933433
HotFix from MS (I couldn't find it immediately downloadable anywhere,
but it only took a few hours for my request to be filled by MS) and it
fixed the problem! LifeCam now works fine.

--
MaxBeagleton

Intel DP35DPM+Quad 6600; eVGA 8600GT, G.Skill 4x1Gb DDR2 800, 2 x 250 Gb
WD in RAID0, Ht-Omega Claro sound, Vista 64 Ultimate - Windows
Experience Index 5.5
Blank

RE: LifeCam VX-3000, Vista x64, >=4GB ram
I bought the VX-3000 yesterday for my Vista Ultimate 64bit Edition.

Basically i installed it, Messenger crashes/black screen etc whenever i
tried to use it.
the software that cam with the camera gave me white screen followed by black
screen, 9 times outta 10 it would crash the application too.

i downloaded hotfixes from microsoft, no effect.. checked my drivers were
1.4, they were.

formatted my PC, still same problem.

Then....

I remember reading (i think it was on MS website) there was issues with
Nvidia USB ports etc, so i updated my motherboard drivers.

(directly from nvidia for the chipset, not my motherboard manufacturer)

Seems to be working perfectly fine now.

So if you've got Nvidia chipsets (nForce / 680i etc) and ur having the
problems i discribed above then download the latest chipset drivers from
nvidia.

it worked for me.

If u dont have a nvidia chipset, then sorry im still clueless