Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

cannot get pictures from my camera on this new vista....

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2007
westlor
 

Posts: n/a
cannot get pictures from my camera on this new vista....
new to vista.....plug my camera in ............can not import
--
wesss
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2007
George
 

Posts: n/a
Re: cannot get pictures from my camera on this new vista....
On Jun 7, 4:24 pm, westlor <west...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> new to vista.....plug my camera in ............can not import
> --
> wesss


We need more information. What is the model of your camera? How do
you connect it? With USB? Did it work with XP? Does it require
driver?

My new Canon camera works fine. It acts as an external storage device
when it's pluged into the USB port and it doesn't require special
drivers. However, my old Sony camcorder requires a special driver to
transfer photos from it's memory stick via USB. The driver doesn't
work with Vista and there is not a new driver available.

One option is to get a memory card reader for your computer and to use
that instead og the USB port.

George

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2007
Malke
 

Posts: n/a
Re: cannot get pictures from my camera on this new vista....
westlor wrote:
> new to vista.....plug my camera in ............can not import


Without knowing what kind of camera or if you contacted the maker's tech
support for updated software, I can't help you. A better solution with
digital cameras anyway is to purchase a usb card reader and put the
camera's memory card into the card reader instead.


Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
"Don't Panic!"
MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2007
westlor
 

Posts: n/a
Re: cannot get pictures from my camera on this new vista....
Camera is Pentax optio 330....connected usb.
--
wesss


"George" wrote:

> On Jun 7, 4:24 pm, westlor <west...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > new to vista.....plug my camera in ............can not import
> > --
> > wesss

>
> We need more information. What is the model of your camera? How do
> you connect it? With USB? Did it work with XP? Does it require
> driver?
>
> My new Canon camera works fine. It acts as an external storage device
> when it's pluged into the USB port and it doesn't require special
> drivers. However, my old Sony camcorder requires a special driver to
> transfer photos from it's memory stick via USB. The driver doesn't
> work with Vista and there is not a new driver available.
>
> One option is to get a memory card reader for your computer and to use
> that instead og the USB port.
>
> George
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2007
westlor
 

Posts: n/a
RE: cannot get pictures from my camera on this new vista....
new to this forum as well...be patient.
I tried downloading drivers from disc and pentax site everthing seemed OK
when I go to "start"..."windows photo gallery"..."import pictures and
videos"..
under scanners and cameras my Pentax is there as a scanner not a camera and
it comes up with Xerox as manufacturer.
what gives?

--
wesss
Xerox

"westlor" wrote:

> new to vista.....plug my camera in ............can not import
> --
> wesss

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2007
westlor
 

Posts: n/a
Re: cannot get pictures from my camera on this new vista....

-- new to this forum as well...be patient.
I tried downloading drivers from disc and pentax site everthing seemed OK
when I go to "start"..."windows photo gallery"..."import pictures and
videos"..
under scanners and cameras my Pentax is there as a scanner not a camera and
it comes up with Xerox as manufacturer.
what gives?

wesss


"Malke" wrote:

> westlor wrote:
> > new to vista.....plug my camera in ............can not import

>
> Without knowing what kind of camera or if you contacted the maker's tech
> support for updated software, I can't help you. A better solution with
> digital cameras anyway is to purchase a usb card reader and put the
> camera's memory card into the card reader instead.
>
>
> Malke
> --
> Elephant Boy Computers
> www.elephantboycomputers.com
> "Don't Panic!"
> MS-MVP Windows - Shell/User
>

Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2007
Michael Walraven
 

Posts: n/a
Re: cannot get pictures from my camera on this new vista....
This may or may not apply to you as my camera is a Fujifilm S5000

On my camera there are two options for how the camera appears to the
computer when attached with USB.
It can look like a disk drive (the normal way that pictures are imported).
It can also look like a 'PC camera'.
When set to be 'PC Camera' it appears as a webcam to programs looking for a
webcam. No import of pictures is offered.
Note that when set to 'PC Camera' it does NOT show in Scanners and Cameras,
but is a possible selection (and works) for programs looking for a webcam.

As other posters have recommended, I prefer using a card reader rather than
the USB interface on my camera anyway.

Michael

PS Xerox seems to be the only/default scanner available for manual entry if
a scanner is not found.

"westlor" <westlor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0F39EC9F-7708-42DA-A2D7-3F29558A2EF0@microsoft.com...
> new to this forum as well...be patient.
> I tried downloading drivers from disc and pentax site everthing seemed OK
> when I go to "start"..."windows photo gallery"..."import pictures and
> videos"..
> under scanners and cameras my Pentax is there as a scanner not a camera
> and
> it comes up with Xerox as manufacturer.
> what gives?
>
> --
> wesss
> Xerox
>
> "westlor" wrote:
>
>> new to vista.....plug my camera in ............can not import
>> --
>> wesss


Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 06-09-2007
George
 

Posts: n/a
Re: cannot get pictures from my camera on this new vista....
I went to the Pentax website and looked at the drivers for the Pentax
optio 330. There were XP drivers but no Vista drivers. That may be
why you can't get the drivers to work for you. I see that the Camera
use compact Flash card. So you might have to break down and buy a
reader.

George

On Jun 7, 5:00 pm, westlor <west...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> Camera is Pentax optio 330....connected usb.
> --
> wesss
>
>
>
> "George" wrote:
> > On Jun 7, 4:24 pm, westlor <west...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> > > new to vista.....plug my camera in ............can not import
> > > --
> > > wesss

>
> > We need more information. What is the model of your camera? How do
> > you connect it? With USB? Did it work with XP? Does it require
> > driver?

>
> > My new Canon camera works fine. It acts as an external storage device
> > when it's pluged into the USB port and it doesn't require special
> > drivers. However, my old Sony camcorder requires a special driver to
> > transfer photos from it's memory stick via USB. The driver doesn't
> > work with Vista and there is not a new driver available.

>
> > One option is to get a memory card reader for your computer and to use
> > that instead og the USB port.

>
> > George- Hide quoted text -

>
> - Show quoted text -



Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 07-03-2007
JENIFER
 

Posts: n/a
Re: cannot get pictures from my camera on this new vista....


"Michael Walraven" wrote:

> This may or may not apply to you as my camera is a Fujifilm S5000
>
> On my camera there are two options for how the camera appears to the
> computer when attached with USB.
> It can look like a disk drive (the normal way that pictures are imported).
> It can also look like a 'PC camera'.
> When set to be 'PC Camera' it appears as a webcam to programs looking for a
> webcam. No import of pictures is offered.
> Note that when set to 'PC Camera' it does NOT show in Scanners and Cameras,
> but is a possible selection (and works) for programs looking for a webcam.
>
> As other posters have recommended, I prefer using a card reader rather than
> the USB interface on my camera anyway.
>
> Michael
>
> PS Xerox seems to be the only/default scanner available for manual entry if
> a scanner is not found.
>
> "westlor" <westlor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:0F39EC9F-7708-42DA-A2D7-3F29558A2EF0@microsoft.com...
> > new to this forum as well...be patient.
> > I tried downloading drivers from disc and pentax site everthing seemed OK
> > when I go to "start"..."windows photo gallery"..."import pictures and
> > videos"..
> > under scanners and cameras my Pentax is there as a scanner not a camera
> > and
> > it comes up with Xerox as manufacturer.
> > what gives?
> >
> > --
> > wesss
> > Xerox
> >
> > "westlor" wrote:
> >
> >> new to vista.....plug my camera in ............can not import
> >> --
> >> wesss

> I'M NEW TO VISTA TOO AND JUST PURCHACED A FUJI A900 THE COMPUTER WILL NOT FIND THE DRIVER FOR IT, IT'S PLUG AND PLAY. I WENT TO MY MOTHER'S AND USED MY CAMERA ON HER XP WORKS PERFECT! IS THERE A WAY TO UPLOAD THE PICS WITHOUT USING AN ADAPTOR/CARD READER?

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
importing pictures from a digital camera psychgurl59 microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 0 05-20-2007 02:26
Digital Camera Vs. Camera Phone Steve General Technology News 0 04-25-2007 04:32
Importing Pictures from Camera - can't open the Options Tab fmp_chidori microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 3 04-17-2007 16:43




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 15:32.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120