Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Microsoft Sidewinder Pro Joystick

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-07-2007
TACR2
 

Posts: n/a
Microsoft Sidewinder Pro Joystick
Hi, can anyone advise on the following:
Having just purchased a new PC running Vista Ultimate I am unable to connect
my joystick as it doesn`t have a 15 pin socket only 9. Will this joystick
work if I purchase a USB joystick converter.
Any response ideas appreciated


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2007
freddy
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Microsoft Sidewinder Pro Joystick
TACR2,

I think the converter would work, but you can make sure by using google to
search on-line for confirmation. Search on"

game port to USB converter

or

15 pine joystick to USB converter

or something similar. You get the idea. You'll get hits. Sites that sell
these converters will disclose whether they work.
--
freddy


"TACR2" wrote:

> Hi, can anyone advise on the following:
> Having just purchased a new PC running Vista Ultimate I am unable to connect
> my joystick as it doesn`t have a 15 pin socket only 9. Will this joystick
> work if I purchase a USB joystick converter.
> Any response ideas appreciated
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2007
TACR2
 

Posts: n/a
RE: Microsoft Sidewinder Pro Joystick
Freddie,

Thanks for the info, will give it a try

TACR2

"freddy" wrote:

> TACR2,
>
> I think the converter would work, but you can make sure by using google to
> search on-line for confirmation. Search on"
>
> game port to USB converter
>
> or
>
> 15 pine joystick to USB converter
>
> or something similar. You get the idea. You'll get hits. Sites that sell
> these converters will disclose whether they work.
> --
> freddy
>
>
> "TACR2" wrote:
>
> > Hi, can anyone advise on the following:
> > Having just purchased a new PC running Vista Ultimate I am unable to connect
> > my joystick as it doesn`t have a 15 pin socket only 9. Will this joystick
> > work if I purchase a USB joystick converter.
> > Any response ideas appreciated
> >
> >

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2007
Nick Mason
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Sidewinder Pro Joystick
TACR2 wrote:
> Hi, can anyone advise on the following:
> Having just purchased a new PC running Vista Ultimate I am unable to
> connect my joystick as it doesn`t have a 15 pin socket only 9. Will
> this joystick work if I purchase a USB joystick converter.
> Any response ideas appreciated



I had the same joystick with the gameport connector, I borrowed a gameport
to USB converter that was supplied with a friends Sidewinder Pro and it
didn't work for me and I was using an MS operating system, an MS joystick,
an MS gameport to USB converter and MS FLight Simulator software!

Microsoft used to supply a converter when they first made the change from
game port joystick to USB. I think it was primarily meant for people who
bought the USB joystick but either didn't have a USB port on their PC or
were using the earlier version of Windows 95 that didn't support USB.


--

Regards
Nick

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2007
TACR2
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Sidewinder Pro Joystick
Hello Nick,

Thanks for the infomation, looks like a new joystick purchase is on the
cards. That`s if Vista recognises it just like it recognises the 4 meg of
ram i have as 3.

Cheers

TACR2

"Nick Mason" wrote:

> TACR2 wrote:
> > Hi, can anyone advise on the following:
> > Having just purchased a new PC running Vista Ultimate I am unable to
> > connect my joystick as it doesn`t have a 15 pin socket only 9. Will
> > this joystick work if I purchase a USB joystick converter.
> > Any response ideas appreciated

>
>
> I had the same joystick with the gameport connector, I borrowed a gameport
> to USB converter that was supplied with a friends Sidewinder Pro and it
> didn't work for me and I was using an MS operating system, an MS joystick,
> an MS gameport to USB converter and MS FLight Simulator software!
>
> Microsoft used to supply a converter when they first made the change from
> game port joystick to USB. I think it was primarily meant for people who
> bought the USB joystick but either didn't have a USB port on their PC or
> were using the earlier version of Windows 95 that didn't support USB.
>
>
> --
>
> Regards
> Nick
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 06-08-2007
Nick Mason
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Microsoft Sidewinder Pro Joystick
TACR2 wrote:
> Hello Nick,
>
> Thanks for the infomation, looks like a new joystick purchase is on
> the cards. That`s if Vista recognises it just like it recognises the
> 4 meg of ram i have as 3.
>
> Cheers
>
> TACR2
>


LOL

It is fun isn't it!

When I bought my Sidewinder it cost a lot of money, these days a decent
joystick isn't that much so it probably isn't worth your while messing
about.

Just make sure it has Vista drivers before you buy it or go somewhere that
will let you try it on Vista before you buy it.

And don't assume a Microsoft one will work without checking first. I've got
an MS Office keyboard that doesn't have Vista drivers,. It no longer appears
in the list of supported products on the MS support site and you can still
buy them new!

I had to rattle the lizzard bones and sacrifice a Mac user to get it to work
with the XP driver.
--

Regards
Nick

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sidewinder joystick not compatable for vista? =?Utf-8?B?eG1hbmc=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.games 9 11-16-2009 03:23
Sidewinder Driver - Microsoft Racing Wheel =?Utf-8?B?SmFtZXMgTXVlbGxlcg==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 4 05-13-2008 08:41
Microsoft sidewinder Strategic commander installation ? Martin Vaupell microsoft.public.windows.vista.games 3 06-08-2007 17:18
microsoft joystick dan cleveland microsoft.public.windows.vista.games 1 03-05-2007 00:14
MS Sidewinder joystick CZ microsoft.public.windows.vista.games 2 02-28-2007 14:05




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:39.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120