Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

ms wireless keyboard

microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2007
Eddie G
 

Posts: n/a
ms wireless keyboard
I have the MS wireless internet keyboard and installed the latest Vista
version of Microsoft Keyboard (Intellitype pro 6.1). None of the hot keys
on my keyboard work except the "sleep" button.

Please help!

Eddie G

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2007
freddy
 

Posts: n/a
RE: ms wireless keyboard
Eddie,

Here is a keyboard troubleshooting guide:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/258826

Post back if this guide didn't resolve the problem, and We'll try again.
--
freddy


"Eddie G" wrote:

> I have the MS wireless internet keyboard and installed the latest Vista
> version of Microsoft Keyboard (Intellitype pro 6.1). None of the hot keys
> on my keyboard work except the "sleep" button.
>
> Please help!
>
> Eddie G
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2007
freddy
 

Posts: n/a
RE: ms wireless keyboard
Eddie,

Here's another one:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/927876

Having any luck?
--
freddy


"Eddie G" wrote:

> I have the MS wireless internet keyboard and installed the latest Vista
> version of Microsoft Keyboard (Intellitype pro 6.1). None of the hot keys
> on my keyboard work except the "sleep" button.
>
> Please help!
>
> Eddie G
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 06-05-2007
Eddie G
 

Posts: n/a
Re: ms wireless keyboard
I already read what you suggested...the computer is the same one as when I
had XP on it and the keyboard is plugged into the same USB port. It worked
with XP just fine. Don't know why it's not working now.

And as for disabling the keyboard, the KB article says to unplug the device,
then click on "start" etc. The wireless keyboard and mouse use the same IR
receiver that is plugged into my machine, so I cannot do that.

Eddie

"freddy" <fkirschen@tidalwave.net> wrote in message
news:091A8E1E-CCDF-4F81-9118-A95A9553FB57@microsoft.com...
> Eddie,
>
> Here is a keyboard troubleshooting guide:
>
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/258826
>
> Post back if this guide didn't resolve the problem, and We'll try again.
> --
> freddy
>
>
> "Eddie G" wrote:
>
>> I have the MS wireless internet keyboard and installed the latest Vista
>> version of Microsoft Keyboard (Intellitype pro 6.1). None of the hot
>> keys
>> on my keyboard work except the "sleep" button.
>>
>> Please help!
>>
>> Eddie G
>>
>>


Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 08-25-2007
Preacher
 

Posts: n/a
RE: ms wireless keyboard
Eddie:

I have the very same problem and have not been able to get it
resolved. From the day I installed the new desktop with Vista,
the hotkeys have not worked. Were you able to get this resolved.

Thanks
--
Ben


"Eddie G" wrote:

> I have the MS wireless internet keyboard and installed the latest Vista
> version of Microsoft Keyboard (Intellitype pro 6.1). None of the hot keys
> on my keyboard work except the "sleep" button.
>
> Please help!
>
> Eddie G
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 08-25-2007
Cal Bear '66
 

Posts: n/a
Re: ms wireless keyboard
Control Panel (Classic view) > Keyboard, are there any tabs, options there to
set up the hotkeys?

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!


"Preacher" <Preacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:5370D037-7DA9-4104-B86B-4FC9B0B4B764@microsoft.com...
> Eddie:
>
> I have the very same problem and have not been able to get it
> resolved. From the day I installed the new desktop with Vista,
> the hotkeys have not worked. Were you able to get this resolved.
>
> Thanks
> --
> Ben
>
>
> "Eddie G" wrote:
>
>> I have the MS wireless internet keyboard and installed the latest Vista
>> version of Microsoft Keyboard (Intellitype pro 6.1). None of the hot keys
>> on my keyboard work except the "sleep" button.
>>
>> Please help!
>>
>> Eddie G
>>
>>



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 08-25-2007
Preacher
 

Posts: n/a
Re: ms wireless keyboard
Cal Bear "66":

When I go to the Keyboard Properties screen via the Control Panel,
I see the tab that says "Buttons", however, there are no icons
or buttons listed on the screen at all.
--
Ben


"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Control Panel (Classic view) > Keyboard, are there any tabs, options there to
> set up the hotkeys?
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>
>
> "Preacher" <Preacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:5370D037-7DA9-4104-B86B-4FC9B0B4B764@microsoft.com...
> > Eddie:
> >
> > I have the very same problem and have not been able to get it
> > resolved. From the day I installed the new desktop with Vista,
> > the hotkeys have not worked. Were you able to get this resolved.
> >
> > Thanks
> > --
> > Ben
> >
> >
> > "Eddie G" wrote:
> >
> >> I have the MS wireless internet keyboard and installed the latest Vista
> >> version of Microsoft Keyboard (Intellitype pro 6.1). None of the hot keys
> >> on my keyboard work except the "sleep" button.
> >>
> >> Please help!
> >>
> >> Eddie G
> >>
> >>

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 08-25-2007
Cal Bear '66
 

Posts: n/a
Re: ms wireless keyboard
Uninstall the keyboard drivers and then reinstall.

Is this a Microsoft keyboard?

MS keyboard & mouse drivers:

http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo.../Download.mspx


--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!


"Preacher" <Preacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:39682160-72AC-458C-BE3A-E5C9BADECB49@microsoft.com...
> Cal Bear "66":
>
> When I go to the Keyboard Properties screen via the Control Panel,
> I see the tab that says "Buttons", however, there are no icons
> or buttons listed on the screen at all.
> --
> Ben
>
>
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> Control Panel (Classic view) > Keyboard, are there any tabs, options there to
>> set up the hotkeys?
>>
>> --
>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>
>>
>> "Preacher" <Preacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:5370D037-7DA9-4104-B86B-4FC9B0B4B764@microsoft.com...
>> > Eddie:
>> >
>> > I have the very same problem and have not been able to get it
>> > resolved. From the day I installed the new desktop with Vista,
>> > the hotkeys have not worked. Were you able to get this resolved.
>> >
>> > Thanks
>> > --
>> > Ben
>> >
>> >
>> > "Eddie G" wrote:
>> >
>> >> I have the MS wireless internet keyboard and installed the latest Vista
>> >> version of Microsoft Keyboard (Intellitype pro 6.1). None of the hot keys
>> >> on my keyboard work except the "sleep" button.
>> >>
>> >> Please help!
>> >>
>> >> Eddie G
>> >>
>> >>

>>
>>



Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 08-25-2007
Preacher
 

Posts: n/a
Re: ms wireless keyboard
Cal:

It's an HP keyboard under Vista. Will the drivers be the same?
--
Ben


"Cal Bear '66" wrote:

> Uninstall the keyboard drivers and then reinstall.
>
> Is this a Microsoft keyboard?
>
> MS keyboard & mouse drivers:
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo.../Download.mspx
>
>
> --
> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> GO BEARS!
>
>
> "Preacher" <Preacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:39682160-72AC-458C-BE3A-E5C9BADECB49@microsoft.com...
> > Cal Bear "66":
> >
> > When I go to the Keyboard Properties screen via the Control Panel,
> > I see the tab that says "Buttons", however, there are no icons
> > or buttons listed on the screen at all.
> > --
> > Ben
> >
> >
> > "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
> >
> >> Control Panel (Classic view) > Keyboard, are there any tabs, options there to
> >> set up the hotkeys?
> >>
> >> --
> >> I Bleed Blue and Gold
> >> GO BEARS!
> >>
> >>
> >> "Preacher" <Preacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> news:5370D037-7DA9-4104-B86B-4FC9B0B4B764@microsoft.com...
> >> > Eddie:
> >> >
> >> > I have the very same problem and have not been able to get it
> >> > resolved. From the day I installed the new desktop with Vista,
> >> > the hotkeys have not worked. Were you able to get this resolved.
> >> >
> >> > Thanks
> >> > --
> >> > Ben
> >> >
> >> >
> >> > "Eddie G" wrote:
> >> >
> >> >> I have the MS wireless internet keyboard and installed the latest Vista
> >> >> version of Microsoft Keyboard (Intellitype pro 6.1). None of the hot keys
> >> >> on my keyboard work except the "sleep" button.
> >> >>
> >> >> Please help!
> >> >>
> >> >> Eddie G
> >> >>
> >> >>
> >>
> >>

>
>

Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 08-25-2007
Cal Bear '66
 

Posts: n/a
Re: ms wireless keyboard
NO!

Go to the HP site and see if they have a Vista driver for your specific model
computer. Don't search for your keyboard -- search for your computer model
number.

(They did have a Vista keyboard driver update for my computer model.)

--
I Bleed Blue and Gold
GO BEARS!


"Preacher" <Preacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:25A26BD2-1E67-4B38-821D-4200F831DDA5@microsoft.com...
> Cal:
>
> It's an HP keyboard under Vista. Will the drivers be the same?
> --
> Ben
>
>
> "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>
>> Uninstall the keyboard drivers and then reinstall.
>>
>> Is this a Microsoft keyboard?
>>
>> MS keyboard & mouse drivers:
>>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/hardware/mo.../Download.mspx
>>
>>
>> --
>> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> GO BEARS!
>>
>>
>> "Preacher" <Preacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:39682160-72AC-458C-BE3A-E5C9BADECB49@microsoft.com...
>> > Cal Bear "66":
>> >
>> > When I go to the Keyboard Properties screen via the Control Panel,
>> > I see the tab that says "Buttons", however, there are no icons
>> > or buttons listed on the screen at all.
>> > --
>> > Ben
>> >
>> >
>> > "Cal Bear '66" wrote:
>> >
>> >> Control Panel (Classic view) > Keyboard, are there any tabs, options there
>> >> to
>> >> set up the hotkeys?
>> >>
>> >> --
>> >> I Bleed Blue and Gold
>> >> GO BEARS!
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> "Preacher" <Preacher@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >> news:5370D037-7DA9-4104-B86B-4FC9B0B4B764@microsoft.com...
>> >> > Eddie:
>> >> >
>> >> > I have the very same problem and have not been able to get it
>> >> > resolved. From the day I installed the new desktop with Vista,
>> >> > the hotkeys have not worked. Were you able to get this resolved.
>> >> >
>> >> > Thanks
>> >> > --
>> >> > Ben
>> >> >
>> >> >
>> >> > "Eddie G" wrote:
>> >> >
>> >> >> I have the MS wireless internet keyboard and installed the latest Vista
>> >> >> version of Microsoft Keyboard (Intellitype pro 6.1). None of the hot
>> >> >> keys
>> >> >> on my keyboard work except the "sleep" button.
>> >> >>
>> >> >> Please help!
>> >> >>
>> >> >> Eddie G
>> >> >>
>> >> >>
>> >>
>> >>

>>
>>



Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Can't install wireless muse/keyboard ' HELP! Karr West microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 0 05-13-2007 16:40
wireless internet keyboard Eddie G microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 03-14-2007 15:18
Unreliable Wireless Keyboard connectivity =?Utf-8?B?U2xlZXBsZXNz?= microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 1 02-22-2007 12:42
Wireless Keyboard bug fixed John microsoft.public.windows.vista.installation setup 2 02-08-2007 02:35
MS Wireless Mouse and Keyboard Harry Sherman microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 1 12-18-2006 15:50




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:02.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120