ACPI BIOS event error 6 problem

robinb

ACPI BIOS event error 6 problem
I am getting in event viewer on my dell dimension E521 after upgrading from
xp media center with Dell upgrade to Vista Home Premium these errors over
and over again.

Can you please give me advise on how to fix this please?

IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 4,
function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 3,
function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 2,
function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.

It comes up Event 6 in Errors

thanks
Robin

robinb

Re: ACPI BIOS event error 6 problem
this was the only thing i could find for this
at
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930062

btw there are no ? or red x's in anything in device manager
robin

"robinb" <robinbk9_nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
>I am getting in event viewer on my dell dimension E521 after upgrading from
>xp media center with Dell upgrade to Vista Home Premium these errors over
>and over again.
>
> Can you please give me advise on how to fix this please?
>
> IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 4,
> function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
>
> IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 3,
> function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
>
> IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 2,
> function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
>
> It comes up Event 6 in Errors
>
> thanks
> Robin

robinb

Re: ACPI BIOS event error 6 problem
i found this at microsofts web site and i am not getting any ? or x's in
device manager

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930062

robin
"robinb" <robinbk9_nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
>I am getting in event viewer on my dell dimension E521 after upgrading from
>xp media center with Dell upgrade to Vista Home Premium these errors over
>and over again.
>
> Can you please give me advise on how to fix this please?
>
> IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 4,
> function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
>
> IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 3,
> function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
>
> IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 2,
> function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
>
> It comes up Event 6 in Errors
>
> thanks
> Robin

Cal Bear '66

Re: ACPI BIOS event error 6 problem
Are there and BIOS updates or Vista motherboards drivers available?

"robinb" <robinbk9_nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
>I am getting in event viewer on my dell dimension E521 after upgrading from xp
>media center with Dell upgrade to Vista Home Premium these errors over and over
>again.
>
> Can you please give me advise on how to fix this please?
>
> IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 4,
> function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
>
> IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 3,
> function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
>
> IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 2,
> function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
>
> It comes up Event 6 in Errors
>
> thanks
> Robin

freddy

RE: ACPI BIOS event error 6 problem
robinb,

I did a google search and found this real quick;

http://www.vistareadygames.com/showthread.php?t=3414

It appears you are not alone. Take a look. There's supposed to be some
sort of fix in the works. Is this condition causing problems? It might be
something not to worry too much about.
--
freddy

"robinb" wrote:

> I am getting in event viewer on my dell dimension E521 after upgrading from
> xp media center with Dell upgrade to Vista Home Premium these errors over
> and over again.
>
> Can you please give me advise on how to fix this please?
>
> IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 4,
> function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
>
> IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 3,
> function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
>
> IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 2,
> function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
>
> It comes up Event 6 in Errors
>
> thanks
> Robin

robinb

Re: ACPI BIOS event error 6 problem
no problems so far- everything seems to be working fine, i just see this
everytime i restart or first start computer
robin
"freddy" <fkirschen@tidalwave.net> wrote in message
> robinb,
>
> I did a google search and found this real quick;
>
> http://www.vistareadygames.com/showthread.php?t=3414
>
> It appears you are not alone. Take a look. There's supposed to be some
> sort of fix in the works. Is this condition causing problems? It might
> be
> something not to worry too much about.
> --
> freddy
>

> "robinb" wrote:
>
>> I am getting in event viewer on my dell dimension E521 after upgrading
>> from
>> xp media center with Dell upgrade to Vista Home Premium these errors over
>> and over again.
>>
>> Can you please give me advise on how to fix this please?
>>
>> IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 4,
>> function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
>>
>> IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 3,
>> function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
>>
>> IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 2,
>> function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
>>
>> It comes up Event 6 in Errors
>>
>> thanks
>> Robin

robinb

Re: ACPI BIOS event error 6 problem
i have the latest bios update
robin
"Cal Bear '66" <xxx@xxx.org> wrote in message
> Are there and BIOS updates or Vista motherboards drivers available?
>

> "robinb" <robinbk9_nospam@msn.com> wrote in message
>>I am getting in event viewer on my dell dimension E521 after upgrading
>>from xp media center with Dell upgrade to Vista Home Premium these errors
>>over and over again.
>>
>> Can you please give me advise on how to fix this please?
>>
>> IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 4,
>> function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
>>
>> IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 3,
>> function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
>>
>> IRQARB: ACPI BIOS does not contain an IRQ for the device in PCI slot 2,
>> function 0. Please contact your system vendor for technical assistance.
>>
>> It comes up Event 6 in Errors
>>
>> thanks
>> Robin

John Green

IRQARB:ACPI event errors
I am getting the same ACPI BIOS event error since i upgraded from windows media xp to vista home premium version 6.06000build 6000.I rang my PC customer support, told me it is a Microsoft problem with the vista upgrade from XP just hope they come up with a fix for this,although it's not causing any problems with my computer it's working fine.

http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Rick Rogers

Re: IRQARB:ACPI event errors
Your computer's BIOS likely needs to be flashed with an update from the
motherboard manufacturer or system builder. The problem isn't Microsoft or
Vista, it's with an older set of BIOS instructions that are not compliant
with the latest ACPI standards.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"John Green" wrote in message
news:2007710163321bryan@whitebryan.wanadoo.co.uk.. .
>I am getting the same ACPI BIOS event error since i upgraded from windows
>media xp to vista home premium version 6.06000build 6000.I rang my PC
>customer support, told me it is a Microsoft problem with the vista upgrade
>from XP just hope they come up with a fix for this,although it's not
>causing any problems with my computer it's working fine.

> http://www.eggheadcafe.com

radamo

Re: ACPI BIOS event error 6 problem

I get this same error with each reboot. My system is a brand new build
with all current BIOS and drivers. This appears to be a Vista issue not
BIOS or DRIVER related.

--
radamo